The letter about Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoches passing

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

The letter about Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoches passing

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

This letter was sent out by Khenpo Tenzin Nima about Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoches passing.

May it inspire all those who had the karma to meet this great being or to merely hear his name.

"Dear Worldwide Dharma Students of Drikung Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche: In stead of saying Tashi delek, I would like to share the last few words of Rinpoche's---- Hope you all practice diligently."

Khenpo Tenzin Nima

Truly amazing story! :namaste:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Fortyeightvows

Re: The letter about Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoches passing

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Thank you for sharing this. I was fortunate to have been able to receive teachings from him in the past and was very moved. He was a true master of our time.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Fortyeightvows wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 pm Thank you for sharing this. I was fortunate to have been able to receive teachings from him in the past and was very moved. He was a true master of our time.
I am very glad you had the chance. I unfortunately didn't have it. You are lucky indeed. :)
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

I had the good fortune to hear him teach for about an hour on one occasion. I felt strongly at that time that I would really like to learn more from him, to receive more teachings, and so on. He was direct, clear, joyful, and humble. This was less than two years ago. No matter the content of that letter, I do hope to cross paths with him again.

Return to “Kagyu”