TONIGHT ACHI EMPOWERMENT
by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche
@ GarDrolma Buddhist Center, Dayton/OH
Today, May 4, 6 PM - 8 PM (ET)

To follow the teachings - please click:

Today at 6 PM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch

May all beings benefit!"
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Achi Drolma Empowerment

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Starts in 15 minutes.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Would've tuned in if they'd had it on the schedule on their website...

How did you guys find out about it? How was it? Any lung given?

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Palzang Jangchub

FYI, the recording of the Achi empowerment is available to view here (as will the webcast of the future teachings, empowerment, and pujas): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... EAccJECIao

Regardless of where you stand on the validity of recorded empowerments, surely the teachings given during the wang are worth watching if one has interest in this yidam/dharmapala/dakini (the emanation of both Tara and Vajravarahi, and great grandmother of Drikung Kyobpa Jigten Sumgön).

If you wish to just view the video of the empowerment separately, without watching the rest of the playlist, you can find it here: https://youtu.be/yeN4TjJ9bp8

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:58 am Would've tuned in if they'd had it on the schedule on their website...

Hi Palzang! Long time no see, you were missed.

There was no lung, just the empowerment. It was a torma empowerment if I understand correctly.

I found out about it by following pages on FB. Garchen Institute, Ina's FB page and also I think some Garchen Rinpoche page with chinese characters in it.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Palzang Jangchub

Thank you, Miroku! Good to be back after such a long hiatus, and very kind of you to have missed me.

FB, huh? That explains why I didn't see anything about it, since I've been locked out of my FB for a while now. In trying to make my profile more secure, I foolishly enabled two-step verification and set it to text a phone # that I no longer have, and now whenever I try to log in it wants a code I'll never get. Not even the "forgot password" feature works, as it goes back to this regarless. Apparently I have to scan in some IDs to get it cleared up, and hope that the powers that be will recognize me as the account holder. I can only imagine the amount of Dharma-related stuff I've missed since I lost access.

Still not sure why Gar Drolma didn't advertise the empowerment on their actual website where they detail everything else about the 2018 Spring Retreat w/ Rinpoche (this strikes me as odd), but it is what it is. I'm sure that when I have the merit and karma to receive the Achi wang either via webcast or in person it will happen. This has been the case with far too many teachings and empowerments with my Drikung lamas for me not to have faith things will turn out for the best. And besides, I already have the lung from Lama Gursam, so it's not like I can't practice Achi and totally missed out on making a connection w/ her.

Rejoicing in your merit for having been able to receive it!

Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

I heard about it from these guys: http://thefourcups.mykajabi.com/

They hosted a Q&A with Garchen Rinpoche last month, and they advertised the upcoming empowerments (this, and a "Wrathful Padmasambhava" next week in addition to the pith instructions). I had to do some research to find the actual place they were being streamed though.
Palzang Jangchub

Faith certainly has come a long way in the 2 years since she asked me to teach her how to pronounce the White Tara mantra at Rinpoche's center outside D.C.! I'm happy to see that she's running Four Cups now for those in the metro D.C. area proper who've got an interest in Dharma. I understand that her group (under Khenpo Samdup's spiritual guidance) has even led to a decent amount of young ethnic Tibetans getting in touch with their heritage, which I find very encouraging.

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Miroku wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:16 am
Palzang Jangchub wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:58 am Would've tuned in if they'd had it on the schedule on their website...

Hi Palzang! Long time no see, you were missed.

There was no lung, just the empowerment. It was a torma empowerment if I understand correctly.

I found out about it by following pages on FB. Garchen Institute, Ina's FB page and also I think some Garchen Rinpoche page with characters in it.
From Ina's FB page. She is now Trinley Wangmo if you want to find the page.

http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

There is another empowerment now.
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

Quite a spontaneous occasion for me. Thanks for showing!!

Which emanation of Guru Rinpoche is that?
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
Josef

Post by Josef »

weitsicht wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 pm Quite a spontaneous occasion for me. Thanks for showing!!

Which emanation of Guru Rinpoche is that?
Guru Dragpo
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

isn't he blue in color?
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
Palzang Jangchub

weitsicht wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:53 pm isn't he blue in color?
You're likely thinking of Guru Senge Dradrok, one of Padmasamhava's famous Eight Manifestations. The pose is (nearly) identical, and the names even have some syllables in common, so it would be an easy mistake to make.

Guru Dragpo (at least in this instance) is red, and the consensus is that we got the ekavira or "solitary hero" form (i.e. not the yab-yum form that has a consort). I've found a thangka image on HAR that looks quite close to the partial that Gar Drolma has up on their website here, but have no way to be sure if the attributes and implements match. Mel, who helped run the webcast, told us in the chat that he's going to try and hunt down the full version. Until then we simply have to practice the paramita of patience...

The mantra was hard to hear (at least for me), so if anyone here attended the wang and wants to see the phonetics or Tibetan script for the mantra, please PM me. I'll take you at your word, so please be aware of the potential karmic consequences for us both. This seems the better option since I'm not sure it should be shared in a public forum.

Kris

Post by Kris »

I skipped the empowerments but I'm definitely looking forward to the pith instructions Garchen Rinpoche received from siddha Chime Dorje and Khenpo Munsel.

:twothumbsup:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Palzang Jangchub

I used a reverse Google image search to find the uncropped, hi-res version of the partial pic used on GD's website here. Perhaps there should be a paramita of research?

However, now I can't help but wonder if that was only for advertising on the website, and therefore different than the actual one used as the tsakli and handed out to the participants... :shrug:

And just to clarify, I can SEND the mantra if any of you need it, whether spelled out phonetically or in Uchen. Apologies if what I said before was unclear and led people to believe that I required the assistance. I'm offering, not seeking.

Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:56 am I used a reverse Google image search to find the uncropped, hi-res version of the partial pic used on GD's website here. Perhaps there should be a paramita of research?

However, now I can't help but wonder if that was only for advertising on the website, and therefore different than the actual one used as the tsakli and handed out to the participants... :shrug:

And just to clarify, I can SEND the mantra if any of you need it, whether spelled out phonetically or in Uchen. Apologies if what I said before was unclear and led people to believe that I required the assistance. I'm offering, not seeking.
The accoutrements described in the empowerment appear to match this image, although IIRC the vajra should be 9 spoked, not 5. Also at the very end of the webcast the torma with the picture moved past the screen, too blurry to really get a clear look of the image but it appeared to match this image.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

is there any sadhana pdf?
Lost In Transmission
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Was this Guru Dragpo from NyangRal termas?
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

conebeckham wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:06 pm Was this Guru Dragpo from NyangRal termas?
yes!
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Kagyu”