Yangzab Dzogchen/Fivefold Mahamudra

Palzang Jangchub

Yangzab Dzogchen/Fivefold Mahamudra

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Does anyone here connected to the Yangzab terma cycle in Drikung have a copy of Bongtrul Tenzin Nyima's introductory text? I hear that it elucidates how the Fivefold Path of Mahamudra is contained within the Yangzab. This would be particularly good for me to read based on my winding path and the instructions I've received from my lamas over the years.

I'm aware that Garchen Rinpoche has said that really any practice, when done correctly, has all the aspects of Fivefold Mahamudra in it, and would love to explore this in greater detail. Something about the layout of the FFM path really appeals and makes sense to me, but I can't deny that I've received a decent amount of Yangzab over the years and keep getting brought back to it. Surely there's a reason I'm part of a lineage that has both these approaches and have lamas who've mastered both systems.

Maybe someone here has worked with both and knows of a traditional sequence that integrates the two? I'd love to read Gyalwang Rinchen Phuntsok's biography/namthar as a point of reference on this, so please share if you know anywhere I can find that, too.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

Return to “Kagyu”