Troma Nagmo

Lhasa

Troma Nagmo

Post by Lhasa »

Has Garchen Rinpoche ever given an online empowerment of Troma Nagmo?
Josef

Re: Troma Nagmo

Post by Josef »

Lhasa wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:21 am Has Garchen Rinpoche ever given an online empowerment of Troma Nagmo?
Not that I know of.
He has given Vajrayogini though.
Which Troma Nagmo are you interested in?
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

The one that is part of the Ganden Ear Whisper Chod.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Lhasa wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:50 am The one that is part of the Ganden Ear Whisper Chod.
You're going to need a Gelug lama for that most likely.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

I've never heard of a geluk lama giving a troma empowerment
Josef

Post by Josef »

Fortyeightvows wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:06 pm I've never heard of a geluk lama giving a troma empowerment
They dont really.
The chod just includes Troma visualization etc.
The Ganden Chod transmission is what the op is actually seeking.
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Correct
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

No, I'm wondering if Garchen Rinpoche has ever given a Troma Nagmo empowerment online since 2012.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Hey Lhasa-
In my Chod tradition, which is Kongtrul's and Karma Chagme's coming down from Machig, you don't need a separate empowerment for the Troma visualization; you need to the Chod empowerments and transmissions. I am guesssing Ganden Chod's transmission and "restriction" would be similar in some sense. Troma in a Chod/Lujin ritual is a bit different than practicing Troma as a yidam deity. Dudjom Tersar's Troma includes both yidam practice as Troma, as well as the Lujin (feasts). But there are "stand-alone" practices of KyeRim for Troma. I don't know if Garchen Rinpoche has given it, on line or elsewhere, but I do know there is a Troma practice found in the Yangzab Terma which is practiced and held by Drikungpas.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Josef

Post by Josef »

Lhasa wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:43 pm No, I'm wondering if Garchen Rinpoche has ever given a Troma Nagmo empowerment online since 2012.
No, not that I have heard of nor participated in.
You're also seeking a transmission that is outside his lineage.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Josef wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:48 am
Lhasa wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:43 pm No, I'm wondering if Garchen Rinpoche has ever given a Troma Nagmo empowerment online since 2012.
No, I'm not. I know he gave a Chod empowerment in Europe but I don't remember where or any details about it. It was several years ago. I have the Ear Whisper Chod transmission.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Lhasa wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:02 am
No, I'm not. I know he gave a Chod empowerment in Europe but I don't remember where or any details about it. It was several years ago. I have the Ear Whisper Chod transmission.
That’s not the same as the Ganden transmission, which is a part of an entirely different lineage.
Nor is it a Troma empowerment.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

The chod we do in the Dudjom Tersar uses Throma Nagmo as the yidam and includes the empowerments for the ngakpa accouterments.

Loppon Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche will be giving the empowerment in Poland and Spain this year, if you are in Europe.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Josef wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:21 am

That’s not the same as the Ganden transmission, which is a part of an entirely different lineage.

That is not the point. To spell it out, I have the Ganden transmission which uses Troma Nagmo. I am wondering if I've had contact with this Dakini in any other way. I asked about Garchen la's Chod empowerment because there was no sadhana given and I don't remember the details. I don't remember ChNN using this Dakini in his Chod. I am not equating one with the other, only wondering if I have met this Dakini before. And the only time that might have happened, would be with the Chod empowerment with Garchen Rinpoche.
Again, did anyone attend that online Chod empowerment with Garchen Rinpoche? Or know the name of the sadhana? :meditate:
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Lhasa wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 pmI don't remember ChNN using this Dakini in his Chod.
ChNN's Chod sadhana does feature Throma Nagmo as the yidam (although one may substitute Simhamukha for her, too).
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:59 pm
Lhasa wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 pmI don't remember ChNN using this Dakini in his Chod.
ChNN's Chod sadhana does feature Throma Nagmo (although one may substitute Simhamukha for her, too).
:twothumbsup: :cheers: :hug:
Josef

Post by Josef »

Lhasa wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 pm

That is not the point. To spell it out, I have the Ganden transmission which uses Troma Nagmo. I am wondering if I've had contact with this Dakini in any other way. I asked about Garchen la's Chod empowerment because there was no sadhana given and I don't remember the details. I don't remember ChNN using this Dakini in his Chod. I am not equating one with the other, only wondering if I have met this Dakini before. And the only time that might have happened, would be with the Chod empowerment with Garchen Rinpoche.
Again, did anyone attend that online Chod empowerment with Garchen Rinpoche? Or know the name of the sadhana? :meditate:
The principle deity for chod is Troma Nakmo.
There are also Troma Nakmo empowerments in the Dudjom Tersar and Kunzang Dechen Lingpa lineages that come with more standard deity sadhanas.
heart

Post by heart »

Josef wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:37 pm

There are also Troma Nakmo empowerments in the Dudjom Tersar and Kunzang Dechen Lingpa lineages that come with more standard deity sadhanas.
And also there is one Troma among the Yangzab teachings.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Josef

Post by Josef »

heart wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:23 pm
Josef wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:37 pm

And also there is one Troma among the Yangzab teachings.

/magnus
Cool!
I was unaware of that one.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Lhasa wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:21 am Has Garchen Rinpoche ever given an online empowerment of Troma Nagmo?
There are pdf files around of Garchen Rinpoche's teachings on Chod.
I'm not sure of the status of the file but there may be some useful info for you in it?

https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/up ... npoche.pdf
Last edited by Mantrik on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Return to “Kagyu”