HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post Reply
csmorg96
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:38 am

HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by csmorg96 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 pm

“Unlike other mandala such as Hevajra or Kalachakra, the Chakrasamvara mandala is still fully manifested and active in the twenty-four holy places in India. For this reason, Chakrasamvara and his consort, Vajrayogini, are considered one of the most effective deities of our time.”

Could anybody elaborate on this qoute from HH Sakya Trizin?

User avatar
yan kong
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 am

Re: HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by yan kong » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:57 pm

csmorg96 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 pm
“Unlike other mandala such as Hevajra or Kalachakra, the Chakrasamvara mandala is still fully manifested and active in the twenty-four holy places in India. For this reason, Chakrasamvara and his consort, Vajrayogini, are considered one of the most effective deities of our time.”

Could anybody elaborate on this qoute from HH Sakya Trizin?
What's the source of this quote?
"Meditation is a spiritual exercise, not a therapeutic regime... Our intention is to enter Nirvana, not to make life in Samsara more tolerable." Chan Master Hsu Yun

csmorg96
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:38 am

Re: HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by csmorg96 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:20 am

yan kong wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:57 pm
csmorg96 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 pm
“Unlike other mandala such as Hevajra or Kalachakra, the Chakrasamvara mandala is still fully manifested and active in the twenty-four holy places in India. For this reason, Chakrasamvara and his consort, Vajrayogini, are considered one of the most effective deities of our time.”

Could anybody elaborate on this qoute from HH Sakya Trizin?
What's the source of this quote?
https://www.sakya.org/2018/06/chakrasam ... a-trichen/

csmorg96
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:38 am

Re: HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by csmorg96 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:21 am

I really just was curious what an active mandala is versus an inactive mandala. What does it actually mean when HH says Chakrasmavara is still active?

User avatar
yan kong
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 am

Re: HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by yan kong » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:03 am

I'm afraid I can't comment but you might have better luck in the Sakya sub forum.
"Meditation is a spiritual exercise, not a therapeutic regime... Our intention is to enter Nirvana, not to make life in Samsara more tolerable." Chan Master Hsu Yun

jmlee369
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 am

Re: HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by jmlee369 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 am

Usually when the Buddha Vajradhara taught a tantra, he manifested as the deity and mandala then dissolved it. However, the Chakrasamvara tantra was taught (in part) to subdue Shiva, Uma, and their retinue at the 24 sites, so the Buddha did not dissolve the mandalas after the tantra was taught to keep Shiva under control so to speak. Thus, it is said that at Mt. Kailash (Meru) and the other sites, the actual complete mandalas of Chakrasamvara are still there.

Lhasa
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 am

Re: HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by Lhasa » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:45 pm

jmlee369 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 am
Usually when the Buddha Vajradhara taught a tantra, he manifested as the deity and mandala then dissolved it. However, the Chakrasamvara tantra was taught (in part) to subdue Shiva, Uma, and their retinue at the 24 sites, so the Buddha did not dissolve the mandalas after the tantra was taught to keep Shiva under control so to speak. Thus, it is said that at Mt. Kailash (Meru) and the other sites, the actual complete mandalas of Chakrasamvara are still there.
Maybe shiva escaped to the West in the 70's...no mandalas here to control him....thank you Ram Dass....not.

User avatar
heart
Posts: 4416
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by heart » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:44 pm

jmlee369 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 am
Usually when the Buddha Vajradhara taught a tantra, he manifested as the deity and mandala then dissolved it. However, the Chakrasamvara tantra was taught (in part) to subdue Shiva, Uma, and their retinue at the 24 sites, so the Buddha did not dissolve the mandalas after the tantra was taught to keep Shiva under control so to speak. Thus, it is said that at Mt. Kailash (Meru) and the other sites, the actual complete mandalas of Chakrasamvara are still there.
:good:

If someone don't know about the 24 sacred places.

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... red_places

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

haha
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by haha » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:19 am

Actually there are differences in some names. However, that could be the same palace.

In this world hatred never ceases with hatred
With non hatred it ceases, this is the ancient lore.

Upakilesasuttaṃ

WeiHan
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: HHST Chakrasamvara qoute

Post by WeiHan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:21 am

csmorg96 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 pm
“Unlike other mandala such as Hevajra or Kalachakra, the Chakrasamvara mandala is still fully manifested and active in the twenty-four holy places in India. For this reason, Chakrasamvara and his consort, Vajrayogini, are considered one of the most effective deities of our time.”

Could anybody elaborate on this qoute from HH Sakya Trizin?
I thought this teaching has its source from the Tantra. Not only HHST, but all Gelugs and Kagyu's masters taught the same thing. The reason is as someone already explained, the Buddha didn't absorb the mandala back after conferring the teaching. Another features of Chakrasamvara/Vajrayogini practice is that as a person desire increases, it becomes ever more effective.

Post Reply

Return to “Kagyu”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests