Garchen Rinpoche Ganges Mahamudra live stream

weitsicht

Garchen Rinpoche Ganges Mahamudra live stream

Post by weitsicht »

anjali wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:57 am
Grigoris wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:11 pm Garchen Rinpoche also gives Ganges Mahamudra instructions online via live stream.
Indeed. In fact, this coming June 30 – July 1 Garchen Rinpoche will be offering pith instruction on the Ganges Mahamudra. Don't know if it will be live streamed, but I'm guessing it will.
does anyone please have information about whether live stream is envisaged? any details? thanks.
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Ganges Mahamudra live stream

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

weitsicht wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 pm
anjali wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:57 am
Grigoris wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:11 pm Garchen Rinpoche also gives Ganges Mahamudra instructions online via live stream.
Indeed. In fact, this coming June 30 – July 1 Garchen Rinpoche will be offering pith instruction on the Ganges Mahamudra. Don't know if it will be live streamed, but I'm guessing it will.
does anyone please have information about whether live stream is envisaged? any details? thanks.
I don't know if there will be, however it could be here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eMg77mH49K6. Live stream from Garchen Institute used to be there a year ago. :)
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Everything will be webcast. Check the Garchen Institute facebook page. Garchen.net is their website and last time they had a webcast link on the home page.
kausalya

Post by kausalya »

weitsicht wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 pm does anyone please have information about whether live stream is envisaged? any details? thanks.
I'll be looking for it here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm_XG1 ... 8ruERVlG2Q
"For as long as space remains,
For as long as sentient beings remain,
Until then may I too remain
To dispel the miseries of the world."
(Shantideva)
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

From Ina's FB page:
Summer Teachings 2018 with H.E. Garchen Rinpoche starting tomorrow with teachings on Tilopa’s Ganga-ma Instructions on Mahamudra

Livestream link: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCm_XG1NSjPoPc8ruERVlG2Q

June 30 - July 1: H.E. Garchen Rinpoche will offer pith instruction on Mahamudra

July 2 - July 4: H.E. Garchen Rinpoche and Ven. Drupon Rinchen Dorje will offer profound commentary and teaching on the Chakrasamvara practice, culminating with Chakrasamvara empowerment in the afternoon session of July 4.

July 5 - July 8: H.E. Garchen Rinpoche and Ven. Drupon Rinchen Dorje will lead a Chakrasamvara Retreat.

As a special offering for these Summer Teachings, there will be Daily Qigong/Yoga Practice with Joyanna Maria Ananda.
~~ Be sure to bring your yoga mat! ~~
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

What is the practice commitment if I watch the livestream of the Mahamudra instructions? Would there be a pointing out or direct introduction to the nature of mind that would result in samaya? That's not necessarily a deal breaker for me, my first foray into Tibetan Buddhism was through watching replays of Garchen Rinpoche's empowerments for Amitabha and Kurukulle(so I already hold him up in my mind as a guru of mine), but I don't want to take on too serious a commitment, since I already have trouble doing all the practices I have taken up.

I want to watch the livestream to form a stronger connection with Garchen Rinpoche, and being an utterly unrealized practitioner, to gain more insight into the nature of mind.

Also, it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, what is the timing for the livestream everyday?
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

LolCat wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:28 am What is the practice commitment if I watch the livestream of the Mahamudra instructions? Would there be a pointing out or direct introduction to the nature of mind that would result in samaya?
Garchen Rinpoche is about as lenient as they come in regards to giving samaya. I doubt that these teachings will have a commitment attached, as they are given frequently and openly, but even if there is Rinpoche will tell you that the root samaya is love and bodhicitta, to be more patient and less angry. He knows his stidents and is utterly kind in not stressing us out with all sorts of commitments. He doesn't want us getting neurotic because that would be counterproductive.

Someone like Malcolm or Cone could comment more precisely about whether there is pointing out or direct introduction, but if memory serves Upadesha is the Sanskrit term for Men Ngak De, which are the pith instructions of the guru.
That's not necessarily a deal breaker for me, my first foray into Tibetan Buddhism was through watching replays of Garchen Rinpoche's empowerments for Amitabha and Kurukulle(so I already hold him up in my mind as a guru of mine), but I don't want to take on too serious a commitment, since I already have trouble doing all the practices I have taken up.
"Too serious a commitment" and Garchen Rinpoche aren't usually even in the same sentence. I honestly can't think of another guru who ensures that his disciples don't get stressed to such a degree. As for your commitments to practices you've already gotten, Rinpoche would tell you "Don't let Dharma become your hell."

Garchen Guru constantly says the all deities arise from the Dharmakaya and are the same in essence, so accomplishing one deity accomplishes them all. It might be advisable to really dig deep into one practice rather than spread yourself perhaps too thin. Of course you should consult the lamas you've received these practices from rather than take my word for it, but i have a feeling they'll agree with Rinpoche on this...
I want to watch the livestream to form a stronger connection with Garchen Rinpoche, and being an utterly unrealized practitioner, to gain more insight into the nature of mind.
Both these things will most definitely happen for you if you tune in to the webcast. I speak from experience.
Also, it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, what is the timing for the livestream everyday?
I can't say for certain, but usually the schedule at GBI seems to be 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, lunch break, and teachings again from 2:30 to 5:00 p.m. it varies, though.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Rinchen Samphel

Post by Rinchen Samphel »

Thank you for this Palzang! :bow:
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Hey, I'm simply happy if anything i say is of benefit to someone else ;)

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
kausalya

Post by kausalya »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:17 am I can't say for certain, but usually the schedule at GBI seems to be 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, lunch break, and teachings again from 2:30 to 5:00 p.m. it varies, though.
Would that be 9 am Mountain Time?
(Shantideva)
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Thank you Palzang, that puts my mind at ease. :)
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Today it starts at 9am PDT. So in 3 and half hours if I am correct. Looking forward to those teachings! :twothumbsup:

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
kausalya

Post by kausalya »

Miroku wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:25 pm Today it starts at 9am PDT. So in 3 and half hours if I am correct. Looking forward to those teachings! :twothumbsup:
I was under the impression that the Institute is located in Chino Valley, AZ... but time-zones have never been my forte.
(Shantideva)
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

kausalya wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:05 pm
Miroku wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:25 pm Today it starts at 9am PDT. So in 3 and half hours if I am correct. Looking forward to those teachings! :twothumbsup:
I was under the impression that the Institute is located in Chino Valley, AZ... but time-zones have never been my forte.
That's how it was on FB. Maybe they made a mistake. But yeah it is in Arizona. Don't know I am but a humble European and as such I say you Americans have waaaay too many time zones. :P

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
kausalya

Post by kausalya »

Miroku wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:30 pm
kausalya wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:05 pm
That's how it was on FB. Maybe they made a mistake. But yeah it is in Arizona. Don't know I am but a humble European and as such I say you Americans have waaaay too many time zones. :P
If I had to guess, I made the mistake :lol:
(Shantideva)
DannyDevitoFan

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

Is it just me or are they not streaming yet?
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

I am refreshing the channel and I don't see anything.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

It's live.

Return to “Kagyu”