Drikung Live-streaming Resources

Ogaf

Drikung Live-streaming Resources

Post by Ogaf »

Hallo folks, if you're a follower of the various Drikung live-streamed teachings, you will no doubt be aware that one of the most common questions raised in the live-chat is 'where can I find a copy of the text?'
In the hopes of making things a little easier for those not familiar with the available online resources, I have just created a Facebook group in order to share a variety of resources amongst the live-streaming sangha.
The group name is 'Drikung Live-Streaming Sangha Resources.' Not the most catchy title, but once it has a fair bit of content it will at least do what it says on the tin.

O :anjali:
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Drikung Live-streaming Resources

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Thank you! Great idea. :)
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

So should i simply add myself or request an invitation? :tongue:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Ogaf

Post by Ogaf »

Heck, I'm wondering how long until I hand over group adminstration to you :tongue:
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Good idea. Join request sent. :)
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Palzang Jangchub

Ogaf wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:30 am Heck, I'm wondering how long until I hand over group adminstration to you :tongue:
I wouldn't take over for you, but I'll gladly co-admin. Why not? I'm already admining several FB pages and groups, lol :rolleye:

Btw, I've invited about 100 of my Drikungpa friends on Facebook, and haven't made it passed the letter K...

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:21 pmBtw, I've invited about 100 of my Drikungpa friends on Facebook, and haven't made it passed the letter K...
What's the origin of Drikungpas taking Konchog as the main lineage naming convention?
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Palzang Jangchub

For a while I thought it waa because of the name of our lineage founder, Ratnashri... However recently i have begun to question if this is the reason or not.

More and more i've noticed that Könchok is being interpreted as Könchok Sum ("Three Jewels"). And Jigten Sumgön's proper Tibetan name isn't Könchok Pal but Rinchen Pal, so one would expect Rinchen to be the common name of Drikungpas.

TL;DR: I'm not so sure anymore...

Return to “Kagyu”