Ayang Rinpoche's Achi Empowerment

Motova

Ayang Rinpoche's Achi Empowerment

Post by Motova »

Does anyone know what potential this empowerment gives in regards to different practices?

For example, I might be wrong, but I remember reading Achi maybe be practiced as a Guru, Yidam, Dakini, and Dharmapala which is very very interesting.

Would I have to receive more Achi empowerments or is the one Ayang Rinpoche gives all one needs?

Thank you.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Fortyeightvows

Re: Ayang Rinpoche's Achi Empowerment

Post by Fortyeightvows »

The goddess is the goddess is the goddess
Motova

Post by Motova »

Fortyeightvows wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:19 pm The goddess is the goddess is the goddess
:focus:
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

You need to identify which empowerment you received form the source, or from someone close to the source, to know for sure.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Motova

Post by Motova »

conebeckham wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:56 am You need to identify which empowerment you received form the source, or from someone close to the source, to know for sure.
Thank you Cone, that makes sense.
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

There are many transmissions of Achi practices within the Drikung lineage, including sadhanas attributed to Achi herself, pure visions revealed by the previous Tritsab Rinpoche, etc., etc. I've not heard of there being different empowerments, but perhaps I've simply not encountered the circumstances to know. Practice texts can range from a few pages to sadhanas that take a whole day to complete.

Whether you are looking to practice Achi in a more elaborate or concise way, her protection and blessings are swift. As with all enlightened Dharmapalas and Yidams, for her there is no such thing as near and far, so whenever you invoke her she will come out of her limitless compassion, just like Guru Rinpoche being at your doorstep if you have faith and devotion. This is according to some recent teachings given by Drupon Thinley Nyingpo Rinpoche in Vermont at DDCV.

Whatever the case, the Achi sadhana that I received transmission of from Lama Gursam is one of the most beautifully worded texts I've read and practiced. It even comes with a commentary!

http://vajrapub.com/product/achi-from-p ... ollection/

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

Return to “Kagyu”