german prosecution office investigates Ole Nydahl for incitement to hatred

crazy-man

Post by crazy-man »

The public prosecutor's office in Kempten has initiated investigations against the Buddhist Lama Ole Nydahl. He is said to have repeatedly rushed against Islam and praised right-wing political movements.
The reason for the investigation against Buddhist Lama Ole Nydahl is the statement of the representative of Diamond Way Buddhism in front of more than 1,000 spectators: "Others had Hitler and Stalin, we have Islam. It's all the same."
Repeated derogatory remarks about Islam

At a summer course at the Europe Center of Diamond Way Buddhists in Immenstadt (district of Oberallgäu), 77-year-old Nydahl is also said to have expressed himself disparagingly about Islam and praised right-wing political movements on several occasions. Susanne Fritzsche, spokeswoman for the public prosecutor's office in Kempten, told the Bavarian Broadcasting Corporation (Bayerischer Rundfunk) that the statements are "currently being "checked for their relevance under criminal law".
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
https://www.br.de/nachrichten/schwaben/ ... t-100.html

more infos in german
https://allgaeu-rechtsaussen.de/2018/08 ... den-islam/
https://allgaeu.life/videos_artikel,-bu ... 30349.html
https://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/ba ... 32616.html
http://blog.buddhistische-sekten.de/ole ... ismus-dbu/
Natan

Re: german prosecution office investigates Ole Nydahl for incitement to hatred

Post by Natan »

Crazy. Everyone knows Islam is a barrel of monkeys.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

crazy-man wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:17 pm
The public prosecutor's office in Kempten has initiated investigations against the Buddhist Lama Ole Nydahl. He is said to have repeatedly rushed against Islam and praised right-wing political movements.
The reason for the investigation against Buddhist Lama Ole Nydahl is the statement of the representative of Diamond Way Buddhism in front of more than 1,000 spectators: "Others had Hitler and Stalin, we have Islam. It's all the same."
Repeated derogatory remarks about Islam ....
It took them long enough .... he's been making these remarks for something like 20 years now ....
He is said to have repeatedly rushed against Islam and praised right-wing political movements.
The translation should be : "He is said to have repeatedly agitated [or incited, spoken out against] against Islam and praised right-winged political movements."

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

kirtu wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:01 am .....................................
It took them long enough .... he's been making these remarks for something like 20 years now ....

Kirt
Since 30 years... more or less
Lost In Transmission
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

He's comparing a religion that has a variety of diverse interpretations to two of the worst dictators of the 20th Century.. What gives??

In the 90ies, they had Dumb&Dumber and now we have Ole Nydahl sort of thing...

How is this even remotely relevant to a Dharma talk? "Let's hate on our Muslim neighbors, that's good Buddhist practice right?"
Last edited by Dan74 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

It seems like a better buddhist practice than using force and threats of force to suppress free speech.

"Took them long enough" :roll:
Bristollad

Post by Bristollad »

Fortyeightvows wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:26 am It seems like a better buddhist practice than using force and threats of force to suppress free speech.

"Took them long enough" :roll:
It seems poetic justice since Diamond Way has used the German legal system to try and silence critics of Ole Nydahl.
The antidote—to be free from the suffering of samsara—you need to be free from delusion and karma; you need to be free from ignorance, the root of samsara. So you need to meditate on emptiness. That is what you need. Lama Zopa Rinpoche
Natan

Post by Natan »

He does a lot of teaching for not having done any retreat. Read his bio. He attracts pretty wives. I don’t know about “Diamond” not exactly the right word choice. But hey whatevs.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
MatthewAngby

Post by MatthewAngby »

But is it Not true? Sometimes the truth may hurt, or perhaps not accepted by public. Haven’t you heard that all non believers must be killed in Islam, for they follow the Old Testament? I personally find nothing wrong with what he says, except for the fact he might have said it at the wrong time.
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

He's always been the Donald Trump of Western Buddhism.

I don't think anyone is surprised.
This is not the wrong life.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

MatthewAngby wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 am But is it Not true?
No it is not true.
I personally find nothing wrong with what he says, except for the fact he might have said it at the wrong time.
Just because you agree with something, that does not make it true.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Tibetan Muslims lived in relative harmony in Tibet as a minority culture. And let's just disabuse you of the notion that "all Muslims are bad people" right now. Would you appreciate it if anyone made a sweeping generalization about everyone who was your ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other detail that helps form your identity, just to serve their narrative and whip people up into a frenzy to take you and your kind out? No, didn't think so.

What you and Ole Nydahl are doing is painting an entire world religion and its millions of practitioners across all demoninations and nations due to the actions of a few. Do the same people maligning Islam go around claiming that Christianity is evil, too? There have been just as many crusades of intolerance and mass murder in the name of the compassionate Christ, and Chistian gunmen who shoot up places are much more common here in the U.S. but are never called domestic terrorists.

If you're willing to call for the downfall of all Muslims based on the actions of a few extremists who are pissed because we screwed them over due to politics, you're incurring a ton of negative karma, pal. Better do some Chöd and wipe away that karmic debt while you still can, bro. Otherwise you might be reborn a Muslim someday and have to find out what it's like to face such bigotry and anti-Muslim sentiment for simply praying five times a day and trying to better yourself.

All religious practitioners, whether Buddhist or not, are the spiritual community of the Sangha if they're seeking to be more loving and compassionate. That's Garchen Rinpoche's take. I agree wholeheartedly, and believe that's a great way to stop seeing the world through a sectarian lens.

I had a Sunni Muslim girlfriend at one point, and also I have several women Muslim friends (some who converted in, others who were born into Muslim families). All of them are exceedingly nice and warm-hearted. Your argument simply doesn't hold water, and only reveals your ignorance and the contents of your heart.

Best of luck with all that, MatthewAngby!

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

The next off-topic attempt to engage in Muslim bashing will incur warnings and suspensions.

Stay on topic people.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:51 pm Tibetan Muslims lived in relative harmony in Tibet as a minority culture. And let's just disabuse you of the notion that "all Muslims are bad people" right now. Would you appreciate it if anyone made a sweeping generalization about everyone who was your ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other detail that helps form your identity, just to serve their narrative and whip people up into a frenzy to take you and your kind out? No, didn't think so.

What you and Ole Nydahl are doing is painting an entire world religion and its millions of practitioners across all demoninations and nations due to the actions of a few. Do the same people maligning Islam go around claiming that Christianity is evil, too? There have been just as many crusades of intolerance and mass murder in the name of the compassionate Christ, and Chistian gunmen who shoot up places are much more common here in the U.S. but are never called domestic terrorists.

If you're willing to call for the downfall of all Muslims based on the actions of a few extremists who are pissed because we screwed them over due to politics, you're incurring a ton of negative karma, pal. Better do some Chöd and wipe away that karmic debt while you still can, bro. Otherwise you might be reborn a Muslim someday and have to find out what it's like to face such bigotry and anti-Muslim sentiment for simply praying five times a day and trying to better yourself.

All religious practitioners, whether Buddhist or not, are the spiritual community of the Sangha if they're seeking to be more loving and compassionate. That's Garchen Rinpoche's take. I agree wholeheartedly, and believe that's a great way to stop seeing the world through a sectarian lens.

I had a Sunni Muslim girlfriend at one point, and also I have several women Muslim friends (some who converted in, others who were born into Muslim families). All of them are exceedingly nice and warm-hearted. Your argument simply doesn't hold water, and only reveals your ignorance and the contents of your heart.
:good:
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Straight after my warning three people posted off topic remarks concerning Islam.

This thread was not about Islam, it was about Ole Nydhal and his hate filled rhetoric.

As such this thread lead to three people receiving suspensions and it being locked.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Return to “Kagyu”