Karmapa Thaye Dorje regarding Shamar rebirth

ThreeVows

Karmapa Thaye Dorje regarding Shamar rebirth

Post by ThreeVows »

Apparently Thaye Dorje has advised his students to stop saying aspiration prayers regarding the rebirth and recognition of the Shamar tulku.

From the bottom of the linked page:

“...In conclusion, His Holiness also advised the KIBI sanghas from today onwards to discontinue recitation of Swift Rebirth Prayer for His Holiness 14th Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche.”

http://www.kibi-edu.org/news/kibi-stude ... th-karmapa
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Karmapa Thaye Dorje regarding Shamar rebirth

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hm, that is interesting. Can't help but wonder what it means.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

Miroku wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:11 pm Hm, that is interesting. Can't help but wonder what it means.
The obvious implication to me would be that, at least from the perspective of that ‘side’, the rebirth has been found.
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

Seeker12 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 pm Apparently Thaye Dorje has advised his students to stop saying aspiration prayers regarding the rebirth and recognition of the Shamar tulku.

“...In conclusion, His Holiness also advised the KIBI sanghas from today onwards to discontinue recitation of Swift Rebirth Prayer for His Holiness 14th Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche.”

Oh wow! I never saw that coming. :roll:
This is not the wrong life.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Knotty Veneer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:46 pm
Seeker12 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 pm Apparently Thaye Dorje has advised his students to stop saying aspiration prayers regarding the rebirth and recognition of the Shamar tulku.

Why this reaction? Did you expect some plot twists or are you just against the idea that his son might be a Shamar Rinpoche? :D
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

Miroku wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:51 pm
Knotty Veneer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:46 pm
Why this reaction? Did you expect some plot twists or are you just against the idea that his son might be a Shamar Rinpoche? :D
The whole situation was obvious (not 100% certain, but totally obvious) that Thaye Dorje + wife = children; if and when male, recognition of best tulku-hood available at the time.

Jobs for the boys.

Follow the money, follow the power, keep it in the family.

Inspiring, not.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
gyamtsotrinle

Post by gyamtsotrinle »

Sometimes when I read some contributions of some people I really wonder if these people are really dharma practicioner and I am sad because of these hidden anger, jealousy and so on. I am sorry to say this. Instead of this we should support each others and enjoy from posibillity to practice genuine dharma and meetings the precious lamas. I am really not happy about all of this, even in this time.
all the best
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

gyamtsotrinle wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:05 am Sometimes when I read some contributions of some people I really wonder if these people are really dharma practicioner and I am sad because of these hidden anger, jealousy and so on. I am sorry to say this. Instead of this we should support each others and enjoy from posibillity to practice genuine dharma and meetings the precious lamas. I am really not happy about all of this, even in this time.
all the best
I guess you mean my cynical comment. Yes, it's cynical. Why? Look at what happens. Belief in the tulku system (and I DO think there is something in it) is NOT a requirement for the practice of Dharma of any vehicle.

The whole "keep it in the family thing" is the elephant in the room.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
gyamtsotrinle

Post by gyamtsotrinle »

It is not about tulku system in this manner. It si about attitude. Everything what comes from Karmapa Thaye Dordze´s side is wrong, evil and so on. I suppoose in a case when Situpa would find on side of H.H Urgyen Trinle tulku of Shamarpa it would be ok, yeah? But please, I do not want to continue in arguing, it is not correct, specially after meeting two Karmapas since they want to do everything good for lineage and dharma itself.
All the best
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Sorry, but this is not going to turn into another "Is the tulku system valid?" discussion.

Nor is it going to turn into yet another "My tulku is better than your tulku" shit-slinging festival.

Thread locked.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Kagyu”