Online Learning

Post Reply
Aspiring.Monk
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Online Learning

Post by Aspiring.Monk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:16 pm

I am curious, does the Drikung Lineage have structured online courses like FPMT or Tergar?

User avatar
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member
Posts: 2078
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Online Learning

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Aspiring.Monk wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:16 pm
I am curious, does the Drikung Lineage have structured online courses like FPMT or Tergar?
Yes, But not quite. There is something new being done at Gar Drolm https://gardrolma.org/gar-drolma-curriculum-offerings/. It has Garchen Rinpoche's blessings.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

Aspiring.Monk
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Online Learning

Post by Aspiring.Monk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Miroku wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 pm
Aspiring.Monk wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:16 pm
I am curious, does the Drikung Lineage have structured online courses like FPMT or Tergar?
Yes, But not quite. There is something new being done at Gar Drolm https://gardrolma.org/gar-drolma-curriculum-offerings/. It has Garchen Rinpoche's blessings.
Thank you Miroku. This is exactly what I was looking for. I like there are only 2 courses, makes it much simpler. I found the FPMT and Tergar sites to be too cluttered with different courses and no advice on where to really start.

User avatar
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member
Posts: 2078
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Online Learning

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:13 am

Aspiring.Monk wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:42 pm
Miroku wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 pm
Aspiring.Monk wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:16 pm
I am curious, does the Drikung Lineage have structured online courses like FPMT or Tergar?
Yes, But not quite. There is something new being done at Gar Drolm https://gardrolma.org/gar-drolma-curriculum-offerings/. It has Garchen Rinpoche's blessings.
Thank you Miroku. This is exactly what I was looking for. I like there are only 2 courses, makes it much simpler. I found the FPMT and Tergar sites to be too cluttered with different courses and no advice on where to really start.
Yes they are. :D I would really love to try the stages of neditation one. Looks really interesting!
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

Aspiring.Monk
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Online Learning

Post by Aspiring.Monk » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:10 pm

Miroku wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:13 am
Aspiring.Monk wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:42 pm
Miroku wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 pm


Yes, But not quite. There is something new being done at Gar Drolm https://gardrolma.org/gar-drolma-curriculum-offerings/. It has Garchen Rinpoche's blessings.
Thank you Miroku. This is exactly what I was looking for. I like there are only 2 courses, makes it much simpler. I found the FPMT and Tergar sites to be too cluttered with different courses and no advice on where to really start.
Yes they are. :D I would really love to try the stages of neditation one. Looks really interesting!

I'll probably do that one first as I have trouble meditating. Then I'll move on to Essence of the Mahayana.

Thank you again.

Post Reply

Return to “Kagyu”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests