AmidaB

Re: Garchen Rinpoche: The Samadhi Empowerment teaching

Post by AmidaB »

Thank you very much.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Thank you! This is perfect. I presume there is no need for lung for this, right?
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Miroku wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:27 am Thank you! This is perfect. I presume there is no need for lung for this, right?
I don't know for sure. It came from here: Garchen Dharma Institute, Taiwan
www.garchen.tw
sillyrabbit

Post by sillyrabbit »

I find this fascinating. So this is a form of self-empowerment? Outside of bodhicitta, is there no requirement for this empowerment since it seems to be a form of "meta" empowerment for other sadhanas?
Namo Amitabha Buddha
:hug:
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

sillyrabbit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:42 am I find this fascinating. So this is a form of self-empowerment? Outside of bodhicitta, is there no requirement for this empowerment since it seems to be a form of "meta" empowerment for other sadhanas?
My guess is, that if there were other requirements, Garchen Rinpoche would have spelled them out.
sillyrabbit

Post by sillyrabbit »

Lhasa wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:23 pm
sillyrabbit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:42 am I find this fascinating. So this is a form of self-empowerment? Outside of bodhicitta, is there no requirement for this empowerment since it seems to be a form of "meta" empowerment for other sadhanas?
My guess is, that if there were other requirements, Garchen Rinpoche would have spelled them out.
Hm, asking again because I'm not sure if "requirement" was the right word. I meant to ask if there is an obligation, like a daily formal practice of the sadhana.
Namo Amitabha Buddha
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

sillyrabbit wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 am
Hm, asking again because I'm not sure if "requirement" was the right word. I meant to ask if there is an obligation, like a daily formal practice of the sadhana.
I have re-read the transcript and I don't find any practice requirement.
sillyrabbit

Post by sillyrabbit »

Lhasa wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:50 am
sillyrabbit wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 am
I have re-read the transcript and I don't find any practice requirement.
Thank you! I didn't read anything about it either. Just making sure I wasn't missing anything.
Namo Amitabha Buddha

Return to “Kagyu”