HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post Reply
zerwe
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 am
Location: North Carolina

HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by zerwe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi all.
Was wondering if anyone had any specifics about the upcoming Yamantaka initiation in Boston this April.
What sort of commitments does HHST typically give? And sort of related to another recent thread; how reconcilable
is receiving this initiation from HHST if one is a Gelug FPMT practitioner? My Lama's suggestion is to seek this initiation
when my mind is ready. I imagine this may be a discussion I need to have with him directly, but I strongly believe that he would not object.

Big Love,
Shaun :namaste:

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27526
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:52 pm

zerwe wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm
Hi all.
Was wondering if anyone had any specifics about the upcoming Yamantaka initiation in Boston this April.
What sort of commitments does HHST typically give? And sort of related to another recent thread; how reconcilable
is receiving this initiation from HHST if one is a Gelug FPMT practitioner? My Lama's suggestion is to seek this initiation
when my mind is ready. I imagine this may be a discussion I need to have with him directly, but I strongly believe that he would not object.

Big Love,
Shaun :namaste:
All empowerments HHST is giving can be taken without receiving a specific practice commitment.

https://sakya.net/#HHST
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Dranyen
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Dranyen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi- Can anyone advise on what form of Yamantaka this is?

I have reached out to the hosting center to ask, but haven’t heard back.

Thanks!

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27526
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 pm

Dranyen wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm
Hi- Can anyone advise on what form of Yamantaka this is?

I have reached out to the hosting center to ask, but haven’t heard back.

Thanks!
Vajrabhairava,
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

User avatar
conebeckham
Posts: 4795
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by conebeckham » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 pm
Dranyen wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm
Hi- Can anyone advise on what form of Yamantaka this is?

I have reached out to the hosting center to ask, but haven’t heard back.

Thanks!
Vajrabhairava,

13 deity? Solitary? Mal Luk?

I know Sakyas maintain many lineages of VajraBhairava......
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།


"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27526
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:40 pm

conebeckham wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 pm
Dranyen wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm
Hi- Can anyone advise on what form of Yamantaka this is?

I have reached out to the hosting center to ask, but haven’t heard back.

Thanks!
Vajrabhairava,

13 deity? Solitary? Mal Luk?

I know Sakyas maintain many lineages of VajraBhairava......
It will either be Mal lug or Rwa Lug.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by kirtu » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:56 am

Is this at a private house? It looks like one takes the Fichtburg line to Littleton. Can one then get a cab from there to the venue?

Thanks!

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Sennin
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Sennin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:13 am

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:52 pm
zerwe wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm
Hi all.
Was wondering if anyone had any specifics about the upcoming Yamantaka initiation in Boston this April.
What sort of commitments does HHST typically give? And sort of related to another recent thread; how reconcilable
is receiving this initiation from HHST if one is a Gelug FPMT practitioner? My Lama's suggestion is to seek this initiation
when my mind is ready. I imagine this may be a discussion I need to have with him directly, but I strongly believe that he would not object.

Big Love,
Shaun :namaste:
All empowerments HHST is giving can be taken without receiving a specific practice commitment.

https://sakya.net/#HHST
Will Vajrayogini have commitment?
Go no paradigm! ;)

User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by kirtu » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:11 am

KrisW wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:13 am
Will Vajrayogini have commitment?
VY will definitely have a commitment.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27526
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:41 pm

kirtu wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:56 am
Is this at a private house? It looks like one takes the Fichtburg line to Littleton. Can one then get a cab from there to the venue?

Thanks!

Kirt
It is not a private house, it is a motel. It is very difficult to get their by public transportation, but yes, one could get an cab or an uber.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Punya
Posts: 1211
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Punya » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Vajrayogini Changchog Ceremony to purify the negativities of the deceased to achieve higher rebirth and liberation.
Can anyone say more about this ceremony and it's origins? I've heard of something like this before. If we have to purify our own negativities in this life, how is it possible for a master to help the deceased?
May the stupid meditators be awakened from the sleep of ignorance;
May the attacks of the logicians with their sophistries be vanquished.

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche in The Rain of Wisdom

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27526
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Punya wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 pm
Vajrayogini Changchog Ceremony to purify the negativities of the deceased to achieve higher rebirth and liberation.
Can anyone say more about this ceremony and it's origins? I've heard of something like this before. If we have to purify our own negativities in this life, how is it possible for a master to help the deceased?
These rites are all based on the Sarvadurgatipariśodana tantra. They involve giving the deceased a kind of abhiśekha.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by kirtu » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:41 pm
kirtu wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:56 am
Is this at a private house? It looks like one takes the Fichtburg line to Littleton. Can one then get a cab from there to the venue?

Thanks!

Kirt
It is not a private house, it is a motel. It is very difficult to get their by public transportation, but yes, one could get an cab or an uber.
Thanks!

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Punya
Posts: 1211
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Punya » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Thanks Malcolm. Do you know if the deceased person has to be recently deceased ie within the 49 days, and is it possible to request their inclusion without attending the ceremony?
May the stupid meditators be awakened from the sleep of ignorance;
May the attacks of the logicians with their sophistries be vanquished.

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche in The Rain of Wisdom

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27526
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Punya wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 pm
Thanks Malcolm. Do you know if the deceased person has to be recently deceased ie within the 49 days, and is it possible to request their inclusion without attending the ceremony?
Can be for anyone who is deceased, no matter how long.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Punya
Posts: 1211
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Punya » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 pm
Punya wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 pm
Thanks Malcolm. Do you know if the deceased person has to be recently deceased ie within the 49 days, and is it possible to request their inclusion without attending the ceremony?
Can be for anyone who is deceased, no matter how long.
Curious. Wouldn't the vast majority have moved on to a new life and therefore no longer be "deceased".
May the stupid meditators be awakened from the sleep of ignorance;
May the attacks of the logicians with their sophistries be vanquished.

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche in The Rain of Wisdom

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27526
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Punya wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 pm
Punya wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 pm
Thanks Malcolm. Do you know if the deceased person has to be recently deceased ie within the 49 days, and is it possible to request their inclusion without attending the ceremony?
Can be for anyone who is deceased, no matter how long.
Curious. Wouldn't the vast majority have moved on to a new life and therefore no longer be "deceased".
It doesn't matter, it is always beneficial.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Punya
Posts: 1211
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Punya » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:39 pm
Punya wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 pm


Can be for anyone who is deceased, no matter how long.
Curious. Wouldn't the vast majority have moved on to a new life and therefore no longer be "deceased".
It doesn't matter, it is always beneficial.
Ok. Thanks a lot for answering my questions.
May the stupid meditators be awakened from the sleep of ignorance;
May the attacks of the logicians with their sophistries be vanquished.

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche in The Rain of Wisdom

Sennin
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Sennin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:46 pm

buddha.jpg
buddha.jpg (112.41 KiB) Viewed 653 times
Go no paradigm! ;)

Sennin
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Sennin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Go no paradigm! ;)

Post Reply

Return to “Sakya”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests