HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post Reply
zerwe
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 am
Location: North Carolina

HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by zerwe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi all.
Was wondering if anyone had any specifics about the upcoming Yamantaka initiation in Boston this April.
What sort of commitments does HHST typically give? And sort of related to another recent thread; how reconcilable
is receiving this initiation from HHST if one is a Gelug FPMT practitioner? My Lama's suggestion is to seek this initiation
when my mind is ready. I imagine this may be a discussion I need to have with him directly, but I strongly believe that he would not object.

Big Love,
Shaun :namaste:

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 25384
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:52 pm

zerwe wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm
Hi all.
Was wondering if anyone had any specifics about the upcoming Yamantaka initiation in Boston this April.
What sort of commitments does HHST typically give? And sort of related to another recent thread; how reconcilable
is receiving this initiation from HHST if one is a Gelug FPMT practitioner? My Lama's suggestion is to seek this initiation
when my mind is ready. I imagine this may be a discussion I need to have with him directly, but I strongly believe that he would not object.

Big Love,
Shaun :namaste:
All empowerments HHST is giving can be taken without receiving a specific practice commitment.

https://sakya.net/#HHST
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The knowledge imparted through the guru’s instructions that formerly was unknown (avidyā) is vidyā.


—Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle, Longchenpa.

Dranyen
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Dranyen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi- Can anyone advise on what form of Yamantaka this is?

I have reached out to the hosting center to ask, but haven’t heard back.

Thanks!

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 25384
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 pm

Dranyen wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm
Hi- Can anyone advise on what form of Yamantaka this is?

I have reached out to the hosting center to ask, but haven’t heard back.

Thanks!
Vajrabhairava,
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The knowledge imparted through the guru’s instructions that formerly was unknown (avidyā) is vidyā.


—Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle, Longchenpa.

User avatar
conebeckham
Posts: 4630
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by conebeckham » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 pm
Dranyen wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm
Hi- Can anyone advise on what form of Yamantaka this is?

I have reached out to the hosting center to ask, but haven’t heard back.

Thanks!
Vajrabhairava,

13 deity? Solitary? Mal Luk?

I know Sakyas maintain many lineages of VajraBhairava......
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།


"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 25384
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by Malcolm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:40 pm

conebeckham wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 pm
Dranyen wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm
Hi- Can anyone advise on what form of Yamantaka this is?

I have reached out to the hosting center to ask, but haven’t heard back.

Thanks!
Vajrabhairava,

13 deity? Solitary? Mal Luk?

I know Sakyas maintain many lineages of VajraBhairava......
It will either be Mal lug or Rwa Lug.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The knowledge imparted through the guru’s instructions that formerly was unknown (avidyā) is vidyā.


—Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle, Longchenpa.

User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
Posts: 5720
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: HHST Yamantaka initiation 2018

Post by kirtu » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:56 am

Is this at a private house? It looks like one takes the Fichtburg line to Littleton. Can one then get a cab from there to the venue?

Thanks!

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests