Death of Shalu Buton reincarnation, Tenzin Gendun Chokyi Nyima

Temicco

Death of Shalu Buton reincarnation, Tenzin Gendun Chokyi Nyima

Post by Temicco »

From a notice from Shalu monastery, written in Tibetan, that somebody sent me. I don't know who it's about, but maybe somebody here does. Any errors in translation are my own:

"Sad news of the passing of the supreme Tenzin Gendun Chokyi Nyima, nirmanakaya of the omnicient Shalu Buton:

Supreme nirmanakaya of Buton, the supreme Tenzin Gendun Chokyi Nyima, was born in 1975 in Gangtok to father Amdo Khandro and mother Tsewang Zangmo. At just five or six years old, the great supreme Kyapgon HHDL recognized him as the reincarnation of Buton Chokyi Trinlay Thubten Nyima, and gave him the novice vows and precepts.

Then, at the monastic centre Drepung Loselling, he was initiated into the dharma, and having been guided by virtuous friends headed by The 103rd Ganden Tritok, the supreme Jetsun Lozang Tenzin, he was taught the Madhyamaka.
Soon after, led by the great supreme Kyapgon HHDL together with Sakya Dakchen, 18 Trichen Rinpoche, he had the fortune of studying the complete sections of tantra, as well as lamrim, wang, lung, menngak, and so on.
After that, he was taught at the Dharamsala college of logic.

In the year 2013, he went to France and stayed there. Sadly, in the year 2018, on the evening of October 14th at 10:16, he passed away due to sickness in a major French hopsital. Furthermore, the reincarnation Nyinche Wangpo quickly makes prayers for the benefit of the teachings and the beings in general, and in particular for us teachers and students of the Bu tradition.

From the general assembly of Shalu monastery, on October 16, 2018."
"Deliberate upon that which does not deliberate."
-Yaoshan Weiyan (tr. chintokkong)

若覓真不動。動上有不動。
"Search for what it really is to be unmoving in what does not move amid movement."
-Huineng (tr. Mark Crosbie)

ཚེ་འདི་ལ་ཞེན་ན་ཆོས་པ་མིན། །
འཁོར་བ་ལ་ཞེན་ན་ངེས་འབྱུང་མིན། །
བདག་དོན་ལ་ཞེན་ན་བྱང་སེམས་མིན། །
འཛིན་པ་བྱུང་ན་ལྟ་བ་མིན། །

Return to “Sakya”