Inner offering

Tigersnest

Inner offering

Post by Tigersnest » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Regarding blessing the inner offering would it be possible to receive some advice regarding properly preparing the external offering in the Kapala many thanks !

conebeckham

Re: Inner offering

Post by conebeckham » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:13 pm

You need some dudtsi from your lama.......assuming you're talking about the physical contents of the kapala, that, and some alcohol of some sort, is all you need. I use Vodka...it makes less of a stain when you're flicking drops of it all over your shrine room.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

Tigersnest

Post by Tigersnest » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:09 am

Ok I have Dutsi, and is there a amount to consume, most instruction says taste, also if the inside of Kapala is not painted does it need to be , thank for your help

jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:24 am

I don't think it needs to be painted, but what I have seen in practice is that the nectar is only placed in the kapala during the session, and at other times kept in a small bottle, but that might just be because there's a greater risk of spilling. When it says taste, it is just a single drop on your left ring finger. As for the dudtsi pill, make sure it is the inner offering pill.

Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:41 am

the instructions given by jmlee above are correct.

this is almost more then should be shared online. these are the parts of vajrayana which are secret. that is to say you could probablity dig it up in some academic text- but these types of instructions are made best recieved from your masters and your fellow practicioners.

jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:04 am

Yeah, slightly uneasy but I figured without context, most people will not understand. Also, to clarify, I am assuming that the kapala is metal.

Tigersnest

Post by Tigersnest » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:00 am

Ok yes what I have seen are the small metal ones thanks

Tsongkhapafan

Post by Tsongkhapafan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:44 pm

You can just use a small container like a jam jar with a lid for your inner offering, some alcohol and a nectar pill and you're good to go. :smile:

greenjonin

Post by greenjonin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:12 am

I use those little vodka crystal skull bottles to put the inner offering in. Next best thing to owning a kapala maybe as at least it's still skull related!