HE Zong Rinpoche Dream

water

HE Zong Rinpoche Dream

Post by water »

Last night I had a dream and HE Zong Rinpoche, the previous one, showed up. He was walking barefoot with a back pack made of American flag fabric. I was so happy and crying in my dream and then I woke up.

Does anyone know if the current HE Zong Rinpoche is coming to America and, if so, where and when?
Guardian/Galaxy

Re: HE Zong Rinpoche Dream

Post by Guardian/Galaxy »

H.E. Zong Rinpoche has visited Jewel Heart Netherlands, so if we are fortunate here at Jewel Heart Ann Arbor, maybe he will come here.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Let's hope the current incarnation does not continue the previous incarnations habit of propitiating a certain gyalpo.

It seems he is tight with HHDL, which is a good sign.

"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

As far as I understood, the current Zong Rinpoche does not engage in that certain controversial practice anymore.
He visits the Tibethouse in Frankfurt regularily, AFAIK.
So, he is connected to Dagyab Rinpoche and enjoys his confidence. Dagyab Rinpoche is a wonderful Rinpoche (a Tulku), one of my teachers, and a complete devotee to HHDL.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

The previous Zong R. was guru to Lama Yeshe of the FPMT. FPMT gave up the practice when HHDL made it an issue. I assumed ZR gave it up at that point.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

smcj wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:18 pm The previous Zong R. was guru to Lama Yeshe of the FPMT. FPMT gave up the practice when HHDL made it an issue. I assumed ZR gave it up at that point.
Yes, I think only the reincarnation of Trijang is problematic in that respect.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:22 pm
smcj wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:18 pm The previous Zong R. was guru to Lama Yeshe of the FPMT. FPMT gave up the practice when HHDL made it an issue. I assumed ZR gave it up at that point.
Yes, I think only the reincarnation of Trijang is problematic in that respect.
This is what I've heard, I believe the current Zong Rinpoche has taught in some FPMT centres.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I have no idea, but I wouldn't bet on it.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Well, he at least mouthed a nonsectarian attitude, saying he and his previous two incarnations was born into Nyingma families etc.
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Losal Samten wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:43 pm Well, he at least mouthed a nonsectarian attitude, saying he and his previous two incarnations was born into Nyingma families etc.
Both of the previous Zong Rinpoche's parents were Ngkapa, according to his biography.

Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

water wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:44 am Last night I had a dream and HE Zong Rinpoche, the previous one, showed up. He was walking barefoot with a back pack made of American flag fabric. I was so happy and crying in my dream and then I woke up.

Does anyone know if the current HE Zong Rinpoche is coming to America and, if so, where and when?
He did in October.

https://gstdl.org/

You might want to ask them when he is returning.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

water wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:44 am Does anyone know if the current HE Zong Rinpoche is coming to America and, if so, where and when?
Zong Rinpoche is teaching in Long Beach California right now.

He has taught there before, maybe about a year ago.

Return to “Gelug”