Splendor of an Autumn Moon?

Tenma

Splendor of an Autumn Moon?

Post by Tenma »

Before I continue on, do all the prayers and mantras in Tsongkhapa's book require empowerment? I'm trying to get 2 prayers from it, but can't find a free source.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
jmlee369

Re: Splendor of an Autumn Moon?

Post by jmlee369 »

I don't recall there being any mantras. It's a matter of the deity, for example there's not much point in someone who doesn't have a highest yoga tantra chanting something like the praise to Inner Kalarupa (Praise of the Protector Dharmaraja), but most others like the praises of Buddha or Praise to Amitayus could very much be recited by anyone.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

jmlee369 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:32 am I don't recall there being any mantras. It's a matter of the deity, for example there's not much point in someone who doesn't have a highest yoga tantra chanting something like the praise to Inner Kalarupa (Praise of the Protector Dharmaraja), but most others like the praises of Buddha or Praise to Amitayus could very much be recited by anyone.
In that case, that's good because I'm trying to find the prayer to Saraswati that has some mantra ending at the end of it and the Vajra Saraswati, Light of Wisdom prayer with perhaps its mantra if it has one.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Tenma wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:04 am Before I continue on, do all the prayers and mantras in Tsongkhapa's book require empowerment? I'm trying to get 2 prayers from it, but can't find a free source.
Choose here - mobi or epub: http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=sp ... lumn=title
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Nicholas Weeks wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:01 am
Tenma wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:04 am Before I continue on, do all the prayers and mantras in Tsongkhapa's book require empowerment? I'm trying to get 2 prayers from it, but can't find a free source.
Choose here - mobi or epub: http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=sp ... lumn=title
Thanks! :woohoo:
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Return to “Gelug”