Saraswati Lamas

Tenma

Saraswati Lamas

Post by Tenma »

So, unfortunately, I found that Saraswati lineages turn out to usually be within and mostly outside the Gelug lineage at the same time.
Does anyone know of a noncontroversial Gelug Lama with the practice of Saraswati?
amanitamusc

Re: Saraswati Lamas

Post by amanitamusc »

Tenma wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 pm So, unfortunately, I found that Saraswati lineages turn out to usually be within and mostly outside the Gelug lineage at the same time.
Does anyone know of a noncontroversial Gelug Lama with the practice of Saraswati?
Why Geugpa ? You could find terma more easily.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

amanitamusc wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:43 am
Tenma wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 pm So, unfortunately, I found that Saraswati lineages turn out to usually be within and mostly outside the Gelug lineage at the same time.
Really? I thought the Gelugpa was more common than both terma and Sakya combined! With Lama Dawa and Lama Pema dead, I was in doubt of who could give the terma or another form of the Saraswati terma(unless they all require ngöndro, then nevermind). Something simple please without the prerequisite of a retreat or whatnot please.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Tenma wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:41 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:43 am
Really? I thought the Gelugpa was more common than both terma and Sakya combined! With Lama Dawa and Lama Pema dead, I was in doubt of who could give the terma or another form of the Saraswati terma(unless they all require ngöndro, then nevermind). Something simple please without the prerequisite of a retreat or whatnot please.
There is a Lama in Cali that is a student of HH Khempo Jigphun who's terma of Saraswati should
be available.
Any Lama that was trained by HH Khempo JIgphun should have this terma.
I will try to find this Lama's web site.I forgot his name.
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

you may ask any Gelug Geshe or RInpoche for Sarasvati jenangs (blessing initiation) from Rinjung Gyatsa. This goes with simple sadhana and does not necessary requires commitments of daily practice - but it depends on teacher - you need to ask before jenang what comittments are.
There are many centers around the world where you have resident Geshes, or you may also travel to India. Check Lama Zopa Rinpoche centers for example.
Karinos

Post by Karinos »

but in general peaceful form of Sarasvati is not very popular practice in Tibetan Buddhism, however practice of wrathful forms are very popular - Vajravetali (within Yamantaka tantra practices) being one, and Palden Lhamo Magzor Gyalmo as most popular.

Return to “Gelug”