Norbu House & Domo Geshe Rinpoche

DGA
Former staff member

Norbu House & Domo Geshe Rinpoche

Post by DGA »

I have no idea who Domo Geshe Rinpoche is (someone claiming to be a tulku in Wisconsin).

I stumbled on this fundraising site where she is attempting to raise money to build a hospice. I like the idea of a Buddhist hospice. We've been discussing this sort of thing in other threads: if you want a stable Buddhist community in North America, we need to work toward infrastructure like this.

Anyway, thoughts?

http://www.indiegogo.com/buildnorbu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Josef

Re: Norbu House & Domo Geshe Rinpoche

Post by Josef »

This woman is a known fraud. The only hospice care your money will most likely provide is to her bank account.

Here is the actual Domo Geshe tulku:
http://www.domogesherinpoche.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Josef on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
plwk

Post by plwk »

Jikan, it's a dizzying issue... :rolleye:

The alleged fraud here but there's also this and that... so go figure...
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

See, that's the thing about self-declared tulkus. Is it the same one as before in a new incarnation, or is it a different one every time? The mind boggles. :shrug:

I still think she has a good idea here in establishing a hospice on Buddhist principles, bracketing the question of whether our friend in Wisconsin is competent to take on such a project.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Jikan wrote: http://www.indiegogo.com/buildnorbu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Notice also that you can leave comments on the fundraising site above. In case anyone's in a :stirthepot: spirit.
Caz

Post by Caz »

This women is certainly a self recognised fraud. :spy:
See many articles here investigating.
http://www.infinitenetworks.com/node/189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Reincarnation of His Holiness Domo Geshe Rinpoche was recognised by Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul rinpoche he was infact responsible for the search because of their two incarnations very close ties to one and other as the Dunkar Gonpa society outlines this is certainly His Holiness Domo Geshe rinpoches reincarnation. No plans wherever disclosed for him to force his consciousness upon this women also known as Majory Dadak and amongst other names. His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche or His Holiness the Dalai lama do not recognise this women as being a continuation of Domo Geshe Rinpoche.
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Jikan wrote: I still think she has a good idea here in establishing a hospice on Buddhist principles, bracketing the question of whether our friend in Wisconsin is competent to take on such a project.
I would be willing to bet that the project is a scam.
Anyone who fakes their status as a spiritual teacher does it either because they are mentally ill, seeking to take advantage of others, or both.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Nangwa wrote:
Jikan wrote: I still think she has a good idea here in establishing a hospice on Buddhist principles, bracketing the question of whether our friend in Wisconsin is competent to take on such a project.
Anyone who fakes their status as a spiritual teacher does it either because they are mentally ill, seeking to take advantage of others, or both.
I'm not proposing she do it, and I'm not claiming she's competent to help people die.

I'm proposing that someone who knows what he or she does gets started on it, because there's a need.
Caz

Post by Caz »

Nangwa wrote:
She is highly questionable indeed. Ive heard some have considered launching legal proceedings against her for identity theft.
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Curious: a few hours ago I made a comment on the IndieGoGo link for this project that included a link to this DharmaWheel thread. It's since been taken deleted... :rolling:
Caz

Post by Caz »

Jikan wrote:Curious: a few hours ago I made a comment on the IndieGoGo link for this project that included a link to this DharmaWheel thread. It's since been taken deleted... :rolling:
No suprise there...People should really investigate her throughly. :oops:

Tilopa

Post by Tilopa »

Caz wrote: No suprise there...People should really investigate her throughly. :oops:
There's no shortage of fake lamas in this degenerate age.
Last edited by Tilopa on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tilopa

Post by Tilopa »

Jikan wrote: I'm not proposing she do it, and I'm not claiming she's competent to help people die.

I'm proposing that someone who knows what he or she does gets started on it, because there's a need.
http://www.hmt.org.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cittamanihospice.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tilopa wrote:
Caz wrote:
Jikan wrote:Curious: a few hours ago I made a comment on the IndieGoGo link for this project that included a link to this DharmaWheel thread. It's since been taken deleted... :rolling:
No suprise there...People should really investigate her throughly. :oops:
There's no shortage of fake lamas around in this degenerate age.

There never has been [a shortage of fake lamas], this is why the tantras are full of instructions to about the qualifications of a proper guru, as well as a proper student.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Sadly, I fear there's a shortage of real students. I'm not satisfied with my own practice.

Apropos of group karma: is it possible that sometimes we get the "teachers" we deserve?

Contrariwise, it seems to me that the authentic masters I've had the good fortune to meet endure a tremendous load of bullshit, making very real and difficult sacrifices, just to transmit these teachings to an uneven (ahem) sangha. Anyone who would want to fake their way into that role should consider a course of psychoanalysis.
Caz

Post by Caz »

Tilopa wrote:
Caz wrote: No suprise there...People should really investigate her throughly. :oops:
There's no shortage of fake lamas in this degenerate age.
There are a great many who fain compassion but have darker intentions. :rolleye:

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

"feign," Caz.
:smile:

There are also those with the best of intentions, but with some sort of obstacle. Even outside of "Lamas" and Buddhists, we can see this...I was watching TV last night and they were talking about the guy who wrote "Three Cups of Tea." I think he has some good intentions, and has done many good things...but there are some questionable issues regarding finances, and honesty, as well. I don't know that his intentions are in any way "dark," they're just.....somewhat deluded. Or selfish. Or something.

It's my experience that there are just a few true "scam artists" in the Dharma, actually...those with "dark intentions," feigning compassion..but there are plenty of folks with good intentions, but with a mix of results or activity.

In the case of this woman, I tend to think there's a bit of mental instability involved.....I dunno.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Caz

Post by Caz »

conebeckham wrote:"feign," Caz.
:smile:

There are also those with the best of intentions, but with some sort of obstacle. Even outside of "Lamas" and Buddhists, we can see this...I was watching TV last night and they were talking about the guy who wrote "Three Cups of Tea." I think he has some good intentions, and has done many good things...but there are some questionable issues regarding finances, and honesty, as well. I don't know that his intentions are in any way "dark," they're just.....somewhat deluded. Or selfish. Or something.

It's my experience that there are just a few true "scam artists" in the Dharma, actually...those with "dark intentions," feigning compassion..but there are plenty of folks with good intentions, but with a mix of results or activity.

In the case of this woman, I tend to think there's a bit of mental instability involved.....I dunno.

Ah cheers Conebeckham...sorry im a product of a bad education system :shrug:
I would agree with you I think I dont know others minds but I might go with well meaning but deluded. :popcorn:

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I was an English Major. It's a curse.

:shrug: No worries, mate. I agree, there's probably some good intentions there, and a lot of......other stuff.

Like most of us!
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Ven. Lozang Gyaltsan

Post by Ven. Lozang Gyaltsan »

I would like to weigh-in on this topic and perhaps shed some light on it. With respect to whether or not she is 'drong-jug' emanation of the previous Domo Geshe: I do not, unequivocably, know the answer to this question and neither do any of you! None of us is even remotely qualified to make such a statement. Drong-jug emanations are rare but not unheard of; the present H.E. Jetsun Dhampa Hogtugtu is such. Anyone suggesting that the previous Domo Geshe was incapable of emanating more than one rebirth knows nothing of this enlightened being and even less of the tulku system. Both Trijang Dorje Chang and HHDL have each recognized a different 'official' incarnation. Tell me, please, which of these recognitions is the fraud? I have yet to hear that either of them has made a public statement labeling her a fraud. In order to claim that she is a fraud one would have to know what is in her heart and anyone claiming to know that would not be speaking truthfully but repeating the words of another, who also does not really know. We should be more suspicious of someone who claims to know what is in the heart of another than of her claim. I'm not suggesting that the claim go unexamined just that no one qualified has yet examined it. And until this is done any proclamation that she is a fraud is pretentious, at best, and most certainly of suspect motive.
With respect to the projects she is trying to fund: I have know her for many years, long before this controversy arose. In all those years I have never found any deception in her. I am not, in the traditional Vajrayana understanding, one of her 'students'. I have taken teachings from her and been in retreat. I can state, uneqivocably, that the projects her groups funds are real and that the funds donated to her group go to these projects.
I suggest you decide for yourself by listening to her teachings, whether or not she is a Lama you should follow. Further, you should wait until either Trijang Dorje Chang or HHDL [depending on your affiliation] make some official statement before proclaiming her to be a fraud. If you are a Vajrayana practitioner, I can provide you with a copy of both Boddhisattva and Tantric Root Vows you took since you have obviously failed to read them often enough or, failiong that, you have obviously chosen to ignore them. If you are not following the Vajrayana path, none of this is any of your concern. Find something that is. at least, constructive to do with your time, because you are wasting ours...

Return to “Gelug”