Lifespan of the Tathāgata in Sanskrit

Forum for discussion of East Asian Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Coëmgenu

Lifespan of the Tathāgata in Sanskrit

Post by Coëmgenu » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:13 pm

Greetings all,

Because I am a bit of a Sanskrit enthusiast, I was wondering if anyone happened to know if there was a Latin-character Sanskrit edition of the Lotus Sutra available online. I'm not quite fluent in reading devanāgarī or Siddhaṃ yet.

I am particularly wondering if my favourite chapter, Lifespan of the Tathāgata, has a Sanskrit version that anyone would know how to find on the internet.

:anjali:
-Caoimhghín
नस्वातो नापिपरतो नद्वाभ्यां नाप्यहेतुतः उत्पन्ना जातु विद्यन्ते भावाः क्वचन केचन
There absolutely are no things, nowhere and none, that arise anew, neither out of themselves, nor out of non-self, nor out of both, nor at random.
सर्वं तथ्यं न वा तथ्यं तथ्यं चातथ्यम् एव च नैवातथ्यं नैव तथ्यम् एतद् बुद्धानुशासनम्
All is so, or all is not so, both so and not so, neither so nor not so. This is the Buddha's teaching.

一切實非實亦實亦非實
非實非非實是名諸佛法

Coëmgenu

Re: Lifespan of the Tathāgata in Sanskrit

Post by Coëmgenu » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:57 am

नस्वातो नापिपरतो नद्वाभ्यां नाप्यहेतुतः उत्पन्ना जातु विद्यन्ते भावाः क्वचन केचन
There absolutely are no things, nowhere and none, that arise anew, neither out of themselves, nor out of non-self, nor out of both, nor at random.
सर्वं तथ्यं न वा तथ्यं तथ्यं चातथ्यम् एव च नैवातथ्यं नैव तथ्यम् एतद् बुद्धानुशासनम्
All is so, or all is not so, both so and not so, neither so nor not so. This is the Buddha's teaching.

一切實非實亦實亦非實
非實非非實是名諸佛法

Return to “East Asian Buddhism”