Letter do ODAISHISAMA

Forum for discussion of East Asian Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Nyedrag Yeshe

Letter do ODAISHISAMA

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe »

Has someone used this service before? If so, how has been your experience? Can someone please explain to me how this works. They do actually read your prayers before the tomb of Kukai? :thanks:
http://www.odaisi.net/enindex.html
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
Fortyeightvows

Re: Letter do ODAISHISAMA

Post by Fortyeightvows »

I would think it's for real...strange to make a website like that though, for sure.

Wouldn't it be funny if it was sociologist or an anthropologist or something doing an experiment. Would that be funny? Even more funny then would be some devotees who totally believed in it, then they would really have something to work with! Just kidding of course (that would be called professionally unethical if they did that)

Give us an update if your prayers come true!
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

PS I don't mean to be joking if your are having a serious matter. Good luck
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:Has someone used this service before? If so, how has been your experience? Can someone please explain to me how this works. They do actually read your prayers before the tomb of Kukai? :thanks:
They say they do.

I visited Koyasan a year ago so I was curious enough to poke around the site. It only consists of 3 or 4 pages and (unless there's something in Japanese which isn't in English) doesn't mention any author or organisation.
The link in the sidebar leads to a big, beautiful, legitimate site about Koyasan :meditate: but that site has no visible affiliation to the prayer site.

:namaste:
Kim
Nyedrag Yeshe

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe »

Kim O'Hara wrote:
Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:Has someone used this service before? If so, how has been your experience? Can someone please explain to me how this works. They do actually read your prayers before the tomb of Kukai? :thanks:
They say they do.

I visited Koyasan a year ago so I was curious enough to poke around the site. It only consists of 3 or 4 pages and (unless there's something in Japanese which isn't in English) doesn't mention any author or organisation.
The link in the sidebar leads to a big, beautiful, legitimate site about Koyasan :meditate: but that site has no visible affiliation to the prayer site.

:namaste:
Kim
That's what I thought! Besides, the site is written in bad english (looks like automatic translation). But english page and japanese are identical. It has a photo of an actual mail box in okunoin that receives actual pilgrim letters to Kukai! I will give it a try and see if I get an answer from Koyasan or Odaishi Sama himself! :namaste:
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Return to “East Asian Buddhism”