Source of Indra's Net?

Forum for discussion of East Asian Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Coëmgenu

Re: Source of Indra's Net?

Post by Coëmgenu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:21 am

I think my treatment of Luke was more damaging to myself than a thousand slanderings of the Buddha. Intentional or not.
如無為、如是難見、不動、不屈、不死、無漏、覆蔭、洲渚、濟渡、依止、擁護、不流轉、離熾焰、離燒然、流通、清涼、微妙、安隱、無病、無所有、涅槃。
Like this is the uncreated, like this is that which is difficult to realize, with no moving, no bending, no dying. Utterly lacking secretions and smothered in the dark, it is the island shore. Where there is ferrying, it is the crossing. It is dependency's ceasing, it is the end of circulating transmissions. It is the exhaustion of the flame, it is the ending of the burning. Flowing openly, pure and cool, with secret subtlety, and calm occultation, lacking ailment, lacking owning, nirvāṇa.
Asaṁskṛtadharmasūtra, Sermon on the Uncreated Phenomenon, T99.224b7, Saṁyuktāgama 890

PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:32 am

_/\_
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

For posts from this user, see Karma Dondrup Tashi account.

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:35 am

PuerAzaelis wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:32 am
_/\_
I thank you for your sympathy and prayers, but the only way to right what I have done is to help Luke. And he does not want me help, hating me as he does. So all I can do is know that what I did was a profound wrong, and have the wisdom and resolve to not seek revenge again.
Like this is the uncreated, like this is that which is difficult to realize, with no moving, no bending, no dying. Utterly lacking secretions and smothered in the dark, it is the island shore. Where there is ferrying, it is the crossing. It is dependency's ceasing, it is the end of circulating transmissions. It is the exhaustion of the flame, it is the ending of the burning. Flowing openly, pure and cool, with secret subtlety, and calm occultation, lacking ailment, lacking owning, nirvāṇa.
Asaṁskṛtadharmasūtra, Sermon on the Uncreated Phenomenon, T99.224b7, Saṁyuktāgama 890

PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:06 am

Well it was also a bow of deep respect for posting.
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

For posts from this user, see Karma Dondrup Tashi account.

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:10 am

PuerAzaelis wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:06 am
Well it was also a bow of deep respect for posting.
Then I thank you without the caveats.

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:18 am

Two points of clarification regarding this tangent. Rest assured, the Luke Sutcliffe is not the individual's real name. He spent less than 24 hours in holding, though that does not lessen the wrongness of the situation. It was long, long ago. Alas, though, IMO this demonstrates the point made in the earlier tangent in a very graphic way.

Hopefully that is the end of such tangents here!

rory

Post by rory » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:53 am

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:17 am
Coëmgenu wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:10 am
Unfortunately, I have done far worse in my life already than slandering the Buddhadharma.
There is nothing worse than slandering Buddhadharma. Slandering Buddhadharma is like killing your parents, etc.
Oh please he wrote a limerick, give it a rest Malcolm! Slandering the Buddhadharma would be like coming to the NIchiren forum and arguing so that people there lost faith...gee have you done that? Stick to criticizing the Tibetan buddhists that need and want authority figures to tell them what to do...
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/

Return to “East Asian Buddhism”