What tradition of Buddhism does Master Jun Hong Lu belong to?

Forum for discussion of East Asian Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
KiwiNFLFan

What tradition of Buddhism does Master Jun Hong Lu belong to?

Post by KiwiNFLFan »

I came across the website Guan Yin Citta, which is based on the teachings of Master Jun Hong Lu. I was wondering what form of Buddhism he practices. Is this standard Chinese Buddhism or a particular group with different teachings? He teaches, among other things, the practice of burning paper houses as an offering.

I'd like to find out more about this form of Buddhism.
Fortyeightvows

Re: What tradition of Buddhism does Master Jun Hong Lu belong to?

Post by Fortyeightvows »

We can debate what "standard buddhism" is, but I think no matter whatever we can agree is 'standard buddhism'- this probably is not that.

You can find videos of his events online. I think they are worth watching a few, or listen to his radio show.
Better to hear what the man himself has to say then what other have to say about him!

His events are always free. I've wanted to go, just to check it out but my wife won't let me. :tantrum:
KiwiNFLFan

Post by KiwiNFLFan »

So his teachings don't fit into Pure Land or Chan Buddhism? Is his focus on Guan Yin unusual for Chinese Buddhism?
如傑優婆塞

Post by 如傑優婆塞 »

There's this thread..
Kungkm7901

Post by Kungkm7901 »

Irregardless of whether Master Lu is right or wrong ....I think we should observe what he have contributed to mankind and so far as his followers I think he has helps and rescued thousands of people from sickness suffering etc n all everyone including the poor hv benefits alot ....his teachings might not be align to our beliefs but if he has done alot of goodness n helps the helpless should we be grateful n thank him cos if we say we r right n he is wrong ...in comparison I think many sick trouble suffering people r relieve that he can rescue them while we the righteousness couldn't help much....
So pls do some soul searching n help him n support him so that more people can e rescued......let's be honest with ourselves....b4 Master Lu existance all those who hv suffered hv no idea how to solve their problems.....so be more gracious in our outlook n not challenged who is right or wrong.
cjdevries

Post by cjdevries »

agreed. Some people have completely changed their lives with Guan Yin Citta. For some people with schizophrenia, etc. there is no other cure.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
Taikor.Taikun

Post by Taikor.Taikun »

Definitely not Chaan because he discourage meditation.

It is possible that the Bodhisattva open a new dharma door to help human. Its methods r easier for most people but the it doesnt stray from the main principles
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Taikor.Taikun wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:53 am he discourage meditation.
I visited one of his temples some months back- was surprised to see a sign in the shrine room telling people not to mediate here. Was also surprised that they had the tai sui enshrined there.
Taikor.Taikun

Post by Taikor.Taikun »

I also visited their centre. Influenced by my mum which i observe for 2 years n i find some of Master Lu’s speech makes so much sense. So i begin to explore this new dharma door. So far so good. The only problem i find is he tend to raise his voice when talking to some people asking questions. Not very serious though but i felt he can tone down a bit

Return to “East Asian Buddhism”