Any independent Nichiren Buddhists here?

dude

Re: Any independent Nichiren Buddhists here?

Post by dude » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:46 am

I rejoice that we all have this relationship with the sutra from past lives.
That's worth more than riches or titles.
No matter doctrinal differences, I think we all agree that the practice works.
Nichirensghost, if you're new, welcome, and thank you for sharing.

tkp67

Post by tkp67 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:31 pm

This practice has manifested in a way I can't begin to articulate. Understanding has unfolded and quickened in ways I didn't know to be possible. The potency of this buddhism is beyond remarkable.

As an independent I was able to focus the power of shakubuku as a means to cut through my own ignorance as I had no doubt in the existence. I have spent the last ten years propagating Nam Myoho Renge Kyo in my own life because I wanted to understand this practice at its core before I sowed these seeds in the hearts and minds of others. I have simply been propagating them in my own.

This has brought around many deep reconciliations and understands. I have been blessed however because I had all the causes I needed. I had lifetimes of suffering to draw from. Lifetimes of delusion. None of this is meant in the supernatural context.

It is close to impossible for me to fathom how incredibly impossible the suffering I encountered could be transcended. I can see it reflected in those around me. My challenges are changing from delivering myself from suffering to learning how to express it without words, to simply let it exude as part of my being. This is challenging because I want to verbalize my experiences out of how they make me feel. Instead I will focus that energy in a such a way it becomes palpable to those who experience it. Let my being bring comfort to them as a living example of the the treasure tower realized.

I sought to eliminate the sufferings of others my whole life. I have introduced and help sustain the practice in others and have propagated the sutra, know that some I introduced have read it entirely. I can only hope to spend the rest of my life growing this capacity according and out of respect/ to pay my debt to all the buddhas.

The great equanimity in Shakyamuni's heart leaves me seeing all beings as the same, paths inseparable and the division a matter of the mind. This is not a proclamation to change the practice or the priority of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo to open minds trapped in fundamental ignorance but rather acknowledgment of the perfect mind of buddha which does not discriminate or distinguish between sentient beings in regards to superior/inferior.

The mother/father of this world love all sentient life with absolute equanimity. If we don't embrace these teachings with that equanimity as a part of our being the fundamental ignorance we need to first dispel is out own.

I will cherish and propagate the teachings transmitted in the treasure tower and hopefully have the capacity to chant nam myoho renge kyo unto my last breath.

tkp67

Post by tkp67 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 am

I went to meditate in nature yesterday in an region recognized, blessed and occupied by more than one tradition because of this very nature.

I was there to abide for a while, simply enjoying the splendor of this nature with no other mind present but mine. I had been drawn here away from my family over the past year for reasons I couldn't put words other than subliminal path.

I then chanted deeply to this nature, in the absolute peak of expression that can only be experienced on an afternoon, in a place like this, at a time like this. As I sit there in chanting to dispel ignorance to reveal pure, boundless equanimity I realized there was none to dispel and found it was in that nature I did abide. In the pure, boundless, equanimity of empty conscious from where all nature arises.

tkp67

Post by tkp67 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:32 am

An incredible ancillary and perhaps worldly testimony to the medicine of the Buddha is that I was born with 130 allergies (documented) and suffered horrifically and sat in a field of golden rod breathing perfectly and as the last year has revealed many of my body functions are changing and improving and I am noticing and caring in ways to facilitate my healing that I wasn't capable of before.

The more and more I expose my mind to the mind of Buddha through any of the teachings the more it actually changes me on a cellular level.

dude

Post by dude » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:46 am

tremendous

Return to “Nichiren”