Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Because this topic never ceases to be studied throughout the world I believe a new era of correct Practice of Nichiren's Buddhism will enfold and open up the Practice of Faith to many more people!

If you examine this Debate carefully you will see a change in others arguments and also a resistance to it's undeniable truth by those who can't accept reality and steadfastly hold on to their inability to accept what the Practice of Faith means in Nichiren's Teachings.

Nichiren Teaches: :reading:

"The unenlightened man said: “Throughout the more than sixty provinces of Japan, there are many kinds of people and a variety of Buddhist doctrines. What with the Nembutsu priests, the True Word teachers, and the followers of Zen or the Precepts teachings, there is truly hardly a single person who does not slander the correct teaching. But then, why should I criticize other people? My task, it seems to me, is simply to cherish deep faith within my own heart and to look on other people’s errors as no concern of mine.”

The sage replied: “What you say is quite true, and I would be inclined to hold the same opinion. But when we examine the sutras, we find that they tell us not to begrudge our lives [for the sake of the Law], and also say that [one should spread the Buddha’s teachings] even at the cost of one’s life.

The reason they speak in this way is because if one does not hesitate on account of others but propagates the principles of Buddhism just as they are set forth in the sutras, then in an age when there are many people who slander the correct teaching, three types of enemies will invariably appear and in many cases deprive one of life.

But if, as the sutras tell us, one observes deviations from the Buddha’s teachings and yet fails to censure them or to appeal to the ruler to take measures against them, then one is being untrue to the teachings and is not worthy to be looked on as a disciple of the Buddha. “The third volume of the Nirvana Sutra says: ‘If even a good monk sees someone destroying the teaching and disregards him, failing to reproach him, to oust him, or to punish him for his offense, then you should realize that that monk is betraying the Buddha’s teaching.

But if he ousts the destroyer of the Law, reproaches him, or punishes him, then he is my disciple and a true voice-hearer.’

A Sage and Unenlightened Man

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:47 pm

This is why I declare 'I am A 'Teacher of The Law'! Of course this declaration is shocking and appalling to those of little understanding and pretense! Arrogance runs rampant among so called Practioners of Buddhism!

Buddhism is not based on the pursuit of Fame nor Power or anything other than the Enlightenment of Life!

Therefore I share with you Nichiren's Words:

Nichiren Teaches

"The meaning of this passage is that, if a person striving to propagate the correct teaching of the Buddha should hear and see others propounding the teachings of the sutras in a mistaken manner and fail to reproach them himself or, lacking the power to do that, fail to appeal to the sovereign and in this way take measures to correct them, then he is betraying the Buddha’s teaching.

But if, as the sutras direct, he is not afraid of others but censures these slanderers himself and appeals to the sovereign to take measures against them, then he may be called a disciple of the Buddha and a true priest. “Being therefore determined to avoid the charge of ‘betraying the Buddha’s teaching,’ although I have incurred the hatred of others, I have dedicated my life to Shakyamuni Buddha and the Lotus Sutra, extending compassion to all living beings and rebuking slanders of the correct teaching.

Those who cannot understand my heart have tightened their lips and glared at me with furious eyes. But if you are truly concerned about your future existence, you should think lightly of your own safety and consider the Law above all. Thus the Great Teacher Chang-an states, ‘“[A royal envoy . . . would rather], even though it costs him his life, in the end conceal none of the words of his ruler” means that one’s body is insignificant while the Law is supreme. One should give one’s life in order to propagate the Law.’

“This passage is saying that, even if one must give up one’s life, one should not conceal the correct teaching; this is because one’s body is insignificant while the Law is supreme. Though one’s body be destroyed, one should strive to propagate the Law.

“How sad is this lot of ours, that all who are born must perish! Though one may live to a great age, in the end one cannot escape this impermanence."

A Sage and Unenlightened Man

Because I feel this way I have undertook a deep Study of Nichiren's Teachings for the past 36 years. My realization is as faith grows, understanding increases, therefore study is a lifelong process.

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:06 am

Those who Teach 'Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects' which you will find easily by performing a search of the Internet are mistaken and have not Nichiren's Teachings as their guide!

If you conduct a thorough study of Nichiren's Ten Major Writings as designated by Nikko Shonin you will learn for yourself the truth of Nichiren's Buddhism.

Nichiren Teaches in :reading:

Conversation between a Sage and an Unenlightened Man

"“But it is truly difficult to put this sutra, the Lotus, into practice. If there is some essential point to be observed, could you explain it to me?”

The sage replied: “I can tell that your aspiration for the way is very earnest and sincere. The essential thing the Buddhas needed in order to attain the true way or enlightenment is nothing other than the five characters of Myoho-renge-kyo.

It was solely because of these five characters that King Suzudan relinquished his jeweled throne [and attained Buddhahood], and the dragon king’s daughter transformed her reptilian characteristics [into those of a Buddha].

“When we stop to consider it, we find that the sutra itself says, concerning how much or how little of it is to be embraced, that a single verse or phrase is sufficient, and, concerning the length of practice [necessary to reach enlightenment], that one who rejoices even for a moment on hearing it [is certain to become a Buddha].

The eighty thousand teachings in their vast entirety and the many words and phrases of the eight volumes of the Lotus Sutra were all expounded simply in order to reveal these five characters.

When Shakyamuni Buddha in the clouds above the Sacred Mountain, in the mists of Eagle Peak, summed up the essence of the doctrine and entrusted it to the Bodhisattvas of the Earth, what do you suppose that teaching was? It was nothing other than these five characters, the essential Law.

“The six thousand leaves of commentary by T’ien-t’ai and Miao-lo, like strings of jewels, and the several scrolls of exegesis by Tao-sui and Hsing-man, like so much gold, do not go beyond the meaning of this teaching.

If you truly fear the sufferings of birth and death and yearn for nirvana, if you carry out your faith and thirst for the way, then the sufferings of change and impermanence will become no more than yesterday’s dream, and the awakening of enlightenment will become today’s reality.

If only you chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, then what offense could fail to be eradicated? What blessing could fail to come? This is the truth, and it is of great profundity. You should believe and accept it.”

Nichiren
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:29 am

This teaching of Nichiren is most important in the Practice of Buddhism in this The Latter Day of The Law.

Nichiren Teaches :reading:

"Suppose one were to place a needle in the earth point up and throw down tiny mustard seeds at it from the palace of the great king Brahmā in the heavens. One could sooner impale a mustard seed on the point of a needle in this way than encounter the daimoku of the Lotus Sutra. Or suppose one were to place a needle upright on top of the Mount Sumeru in one world and then, standing atop the Mount Sumeru of another world on a very windy day, were to try to cast a thread so that it reached the other mountain and passed through the eye of the needle. One could sooner thread a needle in this way than encounter the daimoku of the Lotus Sutra.

Therefore, when you chant the daimoku of this sutra, you should be aware that it is a more joyful thing than for one who was born blind to gain sight and see one’s father and mother, and a rarer thing than for a man who has been seized by a powerful enemy to be released and reunited with his wife and children.
Question: What passages of proof can be cited to show that one should chant only the daimoku?

Answer: The eighth volume of the Lotus Sutra of the Wonderful Law states that one who accepts and upholds the mere name of the Lotus Sutra will enjoy immeasurable good fortune. The Lotus Sutra of the Correct Law says that, if one hears this sutra and proclaims and embraces its title, one will enjoy merit beyond measure. And the Supplemented Lotus Sutra of the Wonderful Law says that one who accepts and upholds the name of the Lotus Sutra will enjoy immeasurable good fortune. These statements indicate that the good fortune one receives from simply chanting the daimoku is beyond measure.

To accept, uphold, read, recite, take delight in, and protect all the eight volumes and twenty-eight chapters of the Lotus Sutra is called the comprehensive practice. To accept, uphold, and protect the “Expedient Means” chapter and the “Life Span” chapter is called the abbreviated practice. And simply to chant one four-phrase verse or the daimoku, and to protect those who do so, is called the essential practice. Hence, among these three kinds of practice, comprehensive, abbreviated, and essential, the daimoku is defined as the essential practice."
-The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra-

Note that the Teaching of 'Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects' dose not teach the True Doctrine of Nichiren's Buddhism!

Ask yourselves why?

Then take the time to Study this Debate! You will learn more about Nichiren's True Teachings concerning The Practice of Faith!

It is my greatest contribution to the people's of the world! I am 'A Teacher of The Law'

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Note: To begin your Practice of Faith visit:

http://pioneersofamericanbuddhism.com
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:30 am

Nichiren's words say all about this Wonderful Debate On 'Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects'

Even though the truth has revealed itself and mockery is interposed to cover the inadequcies of those who change their stance as defeat drew near

Nichiren Teaches

"This is not something I state now for the first time. For the past twenty years or more I have never spared my voice in shouting it out loud. Well, so be it, so be it!

This letter deals with matters of great importance, so you should ask someone to read this letter and listen carefully. Though others may slander us, we are teachers of the Law who take no heed of such a thing.
With my deep respect,
Nichiren

The eleventh day of the eleventh month in the eleventh year of Bun’ei [1274], cyclical sign kinoe-inu
Reply to Nanjō Shichirō Jirō

Now over 10000 persons have Studied 'Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects'

And this Thread never ceases to be actively Studied!

You can pretend to ignore this but by 'upsetting attachments and creating doubt' I have accomplished my mission of Shakubuku on a massive scale never before presented in this manner!

I am A Teacher of The Law! :reading:

My Vow is steadfast and undeniably profound! :sage:

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge

Note: for those of you truly seeking Nichiren's Teachings I urge you to use this as a Study Guide!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:11 am

Nichiren Teaches: :reading:

"In your letter you ask: "What is signified by the Treasure Tower, where Taho Buddha was seated, appearing from within the earth?" The appearance of this bejeweled stupa [in the eleventh chapter of the Lotus Sutra] is of great importance. In the eighth volume of his Hokke Mongu, the Great Teacher T'ien-t'ai explained the appearance of the Treasure Tower.

He states that it had two distinct functions: to lend credence to the preceding chapters and to pave the way for the revelation to come. Thus, the Treasure Tower appeared in order to verify the theoretical teaching and to introduce the essential teaching. To put it another way, the closed Tower symbolizes the theoretical teaching and the open Tower, the essential teaching.

This represents the two principles of object (kyo) and subject (chi), or reality and wisdom. However, this is extremely complex, so I will not go into further detail now. In essence, the appearance of the Treasure Tower indicates that the three groups of Shakyamuni's disciples attained enlightenment only when they heard the Lotus Sutra and perceived the Treasure Tower within their own lives.

Now Nichiren's disciples are doing the same. In the Latter Day of the Law, there is no Treasure Tower other than the figures of the men and women who embrace the Lotus Sutra. It follows, therefore, that those who chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, irrespective of social status, are themselves the Treasure Tower and likewise they themselves are Taho Buddha.

There is no Treasure Tower other than Myoho-renge-kyo. The daimoku of the Lotus Sutra is the Treasure Tower, that is to say, the Treasure Tower is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

Now the entire body of Abutsu Shonin is composed of the five universal elements2 of earth, water, fire, wind and ku. These five elements are also the five characters of the daimoku. Therefore, Abutsu-bo is the Treasure Tower itself, and the Treasure Tower is Abutsu-bo himself.

No other knowledge is purposeful. It is the Treasure Tower adorned with seven kinds of gems - listening to the true teaching, believing it, keeping the precept, attaining peace of mind, practicing assiduously, unselfishly devoting oneself, and forever seeking self improvement.

You may think you offered gifts to the Treasure Tower of Taho Buddha, but that is not so. You offered them to yourself. You, yourself, are a true Buddha who possesses the three enlightened properties. You should chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with this conviction. Then, the place wherein you dwell and chant daimoku is the place of the Treasure Tower.

The sutra reads: "Wherever one teaches the Lotus Sutra, this Treasure Tower of mine will rise and appear before him." Faith like yours is so extremely rare that I will inscribe the Treasure Tower especially for you. You should never transfer it to anyone but your son. You should never show it to others unless they have steadfast faith. This is the reason for my advent in this world."

On the Treasure Tower

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

jake
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:13 pm

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by jake » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 am

Are you just copy-pasting text from this website? http://nichiren.info/gosho/TreasureTower.htm

If so, why?
“The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone."

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:05 am

jake wrote:Are you just copy-pasting text from this website? http://nichiren.info/gosho/TreasureTower.htm

If so, why?
Because it is a thread on Nichiren's Doctrinal Teachings
Is that beyond your comprehension? :shrug:
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:13 am

As further proof of exclusively chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Nichiren Teaches:

"Question: If ignorant persons should come and ask what path leads to emancipation from the sufferings of birth and death, what teachings of which sutras should one explain for them? What has the Buddha taught concerning this point?

Answer: You should teach them the Lotus Sutra. Thus, for example, the Hosshi chapter says: "If someone should ask you which persons in a future age will be able to attain Buddhahood, you should show him that these very persons in a future age will surely be able to attain Buddhahood." And the Anrakugyo chapter says: "If one should be closely questioned, one should not reply by means of the doctrines of the lesser vehicle, but explain solely by means of the teachings of the great vehicle."

The meaning of these passages is that, if someone should ask what kind of persons are capable of attaining Buddhahood, you should reply that persons who embrace the Lotus Sutra are certain to attain Buddhahood. This represents the Buddha's true intention.

Here a question may arise: "People differ widely in their capacity and inclination. Some will want to hear the Nembutsu teachings, while others will want to hear the Lotus Sutra. If one expounds the Lotus Sutra to those who want to hear about the Nembutsu, what benefit will they derive from it? If someone has come and specifically asked to hear about the Nembutsu, should one insist on teaching that person the Lotus Sutra? The true intention of the Buddha was to preach the Law in accordance with people's capacities so that they could gain benefit thereby, was it not?"

If someone should raise objections of this kind, one should explain as follows. As a matter of principle, in the world of the Latter Day of the Law, without considering whether or not it conforms to the capacity of ignorant persons, one should go ahead and teach them the five characters that compose the title of the Lotus Sutra and enable them to embrace it.

As for the reason, when Shakyamuni Buddha spread the Lotus Sutra long ago as a bodhisattva named Fukyo, the laymen and laywomen, the nuns and the monks, all refused to heed his words. On the contrary, he was cursed and reviled, beaten and driven away, being subjected to numerous types of persecution. But though he was hated and envied, he did not allow it to daunt him in the slightest, but kept on assertively preaching the Lotus Sutra, and for that reason he appeared in our present world as Shakyamuni Buddha.

The persons who had cursed Bodhisattva Fukyo did not find their mouths twisting out of shape, and those who had beaten him likewise suffered no stiffening of their arms. [After death, they fell into hell, but eventually were able to take faith in the Lotus Sutra.]

The Venerable Aryasimha, who inherited Shakyamuni's teachings, was murdered by a Brahman, and the Tripitaka Master Fa-tao was branded on the face and exiled to the region south of the Yangtze River. How much more so, in the Latter Day of the Law, will an insignificant monk who attempts to propagate the Lotus Sutra encounter such difficulties!

Indeed, the sutra makes this very clear. Therefore, although the people may not heed it or may say that it does not suit their capacity, one should nevertheless persist in expounding to them the five-character title of the Lotus Sutra, because there is no other way apart from it to attain Buddhahood."

How Those Initially Aspiring to the Way Can Attain Buddhahood Through the Lotus Sutra

For those who seek Nichiren's Teachings and are unable to spend the time it takes to undergo a thorough study. By gradually studying Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects you will naturally gain an understanding based on your level of Faith and Practice.

This is not a subject to take lightly and create unnecessary friction but rather intelligently ponder and contribute with the goal of truly understanding Faith and how Nichiren's Teachings address the Practice of Buddhism in The Latter Day of The Law!

I expect Persecution from my cause of bringing forth Nichiren's True Intent! I have no fear!

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

User avatar
Lobsang Chojor
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: England

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by Lobsang Chojor » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:33 am

JazzIsTvRicky wrote:
jake wrote:Are you just copy-pasting text from this website? http://nichiren.info/gosho/TreasureTower.htm

If so, why?
Because it is a thread on Nichiren's Doctrinal Teachings
Is that beyond your comprehension? :shrug:
There's no need to be condescending to Jake, it's polite to source material that you are using (also it is in the ToS)
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ

"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 am

Another example of the Practice of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is found in the Gosho 'The Three Obstacles and Four Devils"
Which is included in my extensive Library of Buddhism which I have acquired over the last 36 Years of my Faith-Practice and Study of Nichiren's Buddhism.

Nichiren Teaches:

"There is definitely something extraordinary in the ebb and flow of the tide, the rising and setting of the moon, and the way in which summer, autumn, winter and spring give way to each other. Something uncommon also occurs when an ordinary person attains Buddhahood.

At such a time, the three obstacles and four devils will invariably appear, and the wise will rejoice while the foolish will retreat. I have long been waiting to tell you this, either through my own messenger or by some other means. So I greatly appreciate your sending these messengers to me. I am sure that if you were about to abandon your faith, you would not have sent them. Thinking it may still not be too late, I am writing this letter.

To attain Buddhahood is difficult indeed, more difficult than the feat of placing a needle atop the Mount Sumeru of this world and then casting a thread from atop the Mount Sumeru of another world directly through the eye of this needle. And the feat is even more difficult if it must be done in the face of a contrary wind. The Lotus Sutra states:

A million million ten thousand kalpas, an inconceivable time will pass before at last one can hear this Lotus Sutra. A million million ten thousand kalpas, an inconceivable time will pass before the Buddhas, World-Honored Ones, preach this sutra. Therefore its practitioners, after the Buddha has entered extinction, when they hear a sutra like this should entertain no doubts or perplexities. (LS20)

This passage is extremely unusual even among the twenty-eight chapters of the Lotus Sutra. From the first to the [tenth or] Hosshi chapters, human and heavenly beings, the four kinds of believers and the eight kinds of beings -- those at the stage of near-perfect enlightenment or below -- were many in number, but there was only one Buddha, the Thus Come One Shakyamuni.

Thus, these chapters are of great import but may appear insignificant. The twelve chapters from the [eleventh,] Hoto to the [twenty-second,] Zokurui are the most important of all. This is because in the presence of Shakyamuni Buddha there appeared the treasure tower of Taho Buddha. It was as if the sun had risen in front of the moon. All the Buddhas in the ten directions were seated under the trees, and it seemed as though the light of a fire shone over all the grass and trees of the worlds in the ten directions. It was in this setting that the above passage was expounded."

Nichiren

Sincerely Richard H Brown 'A Teacher of The Law'
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

jake
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:13 pm

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by jake » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:54 pm

JazzIsTvRicky wrote: Because it is a thread on Nichiren's Doctrinal Teachings
Is that beyond your comprehension? :shrug:
Right, but this is a discussion forum. You're just pasting long blocks of text from another website into this forum. I fail to see how this helps anyone understand the topic of the thread. You're not explicating or elucidating what is written. You're just dumping tons of words and not citing the source.

For what it is worth, the Terms of Service of this website state:
TOS wrote:When quoting other people's work please provide a link (when applicable). Do not copy and paste an entire article rather, select and copy a few sentences that are appropriate to the discussion and paste them.
It appears you are also copying entire discussion threads on DW and posting them in other forums, like you did here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... EbaDqRKUuk

Why do you do this?
“The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone."

User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by Minobu » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Lobsang Chojor wrote:
JazzIsTvRicky wrote:
jake wrote:Are you just copy-pasting text from this website? http://nichiren.info/gosho/TreasureTower.htm

If so, why?
Because it is a thread on Nichiren's Doctrinal Teachings
Is that beyond your comprehension? :shrug:
There's no need to be condescending to Jake, it's polite to source material that you are using (also it is in the ToS)
i agree with you
and
thanks jake...i too wonder where people get stuff from and always post where i get stuff from...

but please any knowledge from where ever is vital...lets not squash the message due to the messenger.

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:13 am

The concept of Upsetting Attachments And Arouising Doubt has definitely accomplished its purpose concerning the Subject of this most important Debate/Discussion on Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects'.

I have accomplished what I set out to do which is expose Nichiren's Teachings in a light which allows one to logically and with s sense of purpose read and understand with clarity.

You have all the tools available to research and learn more for yourselves. I have offered Nichiren's Teachings on this subject not mine! All the Gosho's are in name which are easy to find with just a little effort on your part!

With over 10,500 studying this Debate I will begin a fresh study of 'Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects'

If you have any questions concerning Faith, hit me up and I will
do my best to assist you in your quest!

Nichiren Teaches: :reading:

"Many hear about and accept this sutra, but when great obstacles arise, just as they were told would happen, few remember it and bear it firmly in mind. To accept is easy; to continue is difficult. But Buddhahood lies in continuing faith. Those who uphold this sutra should be prepared to meet difficulties. It is certain, however, that they will “quickly attain the unsurpassed Buddha way.”

To “continue” means to cherish Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the most important principle for all the Buddhas of the three existences. The sutra reads, “We will protect and uphold what the Buddha has entrusted to us.”

The Great Teacher T’ien-t’ai stated, “One accepts because of one’s power of faith and continues because of one’s power of constant thought.” Another part of the sutra reads, “This sutra is hard to uphold; if one can uphold it even for a short while I will surely rejoice and so will the other Buddhas.”

A fire burns higher when logs are added, and a strong wind makes a kālakula grow larger. The pine tree lives for ten thousand years, and therefore its boughs become bent and twisted. The votary of the Lotus Sutra is like the fire and the kālakula , while his persecutions are like the logs and the wind.

The votary of the Lotus Sutra is the Thus Come One whose life span is immeasurable; no wonder his practice is hindered, just as the pine tree’s branches are bent or broken. From now on, always remember the words “This sutra is hard to uphold.”

With my deep respect,

Nichiren

The sixth day of the third month in the twelfth year of Bun’ei (1275), cyclical sign kinoto-i

To Shijō Kingo
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:08 am

Nichiren Teaches: :reading:

"Hence it is that each chapter of the sutra begins with the five characters Myoho-renge-kyo in the title, and the sutra concludes with these five characters. And the beginning, the end, and what comes in between are all the seven characters of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

The essential Law that is to be propagated in the Latter Day of the Law is contained in the above paragraph.

Anyone who fails to understand this fact and tries to propagate Buddhism in the Latter Day while leaving out this essential Law will not only be found wanting, but will in addition be going against the true intention of Nichiren. Nichiren’s disciples and lay followers will not benefit by having any special talent or understanding other than this."

OTT

This is so very important in the Practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism!

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

illarraza
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:30 am

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by illarraza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:46 am

JazzIsTvRicky wrote:Nichiren Teaches: :reading:

"Hence it is that each chapter of the sutra begins with the five characters Myoho-renge-kyo in the title, and the sutra concludes with these five characters. And the beginning, the end, and what comes in between are all the seven characters of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

The essential Law that is to be propagated in the Latter Day of the Law is contained in the above paragraph.

Anyone who fails to understand this fact and tries to propagate Buddhism in the Latter Day while leaving out this essential Law will not only be found wanting, but will in addition be going against the true intention of Nichiren. Nichiren’s disciples and lay followers will not benefit by having any special talent or understanding other than this."

OTT

This is so very important in the Practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism!

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo


is this supposed to be a great personal epiphany Richard? I suggest that nearly every person who posts here shares this understanding of Nichiren.

Mark

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:55 am

illarraza wrote:
JazzIsTvRicky wrote:Nichiren Teaches: :reading:

"Hence it is that each chapter of the sutra begins with the five characters Myoho-renge-kyo in the title, and the sutra concludes with these five characters. And the beginning, the end, and what comes in between are all the seven characters of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

The essential Law that is to be propagated in the Latter Day of the Law is contained in the above paragraph.

Anyone who fails to understand this fact and tries to propagate Buddhism in the Latter Day while leaving out this essential Law will not only be found wanting, but will in addition be going against the true intention of Nichiren. Nichiren’s disciples and lay followers will not benefit by having any special talent or understanding other than this."

OTT

This is so very important in the Practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism!

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo


is this supposed to be a great personal epiphany Richard? I suggest that nearly every person who posts here shares this understanding of Nichiren.

Mark
Then why do you proclaim The Ongi Kuden As fake and Unauthentic! This is from The Ongi Kuden Mark! :shrug:

Your slipping Mark! You just got CAUGHT Again!

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Teacher of The Law
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

JazzIsTvRicky
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by JazzIsTvRicky » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:45 am

In reading this Most Important Doctrinal Debate on 'Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects I find the resources and Doctrine offered is quite clear as to Nichiren's Teachings and the Practice of Faith as taught by him!

Yet there are those who insist on mixing the Daimoku with the recitation of Shakyamuni's Lotus Sutra in their practice of Shakubuku.

No where on Nichiren's Teachings dose he say Recitation of Shakyamuni's Lotus Sutra is the purpose of his life's Mission!

phpBB [video]


This is the only Chant or Recitation or Meditation needed according to Nichiren's Buddhism.

When facing The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and Chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo we are correctly reading Nichiren's Lotus Sutra!

I find so many jewels in this Debate which lead to so much more in my Study of Nichiren's Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.

Image

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Teacher of The Law
A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو

illarraza
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:30 am

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by illarraza » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:49 am

JazzIsTvRicky wrote:
illarraza wrote:
JazzIsTvRicky wrote:Nichiren Teaches: :reading:

"Hence it is that each chapter of the sutra begins with the five characters Myoho-renge-kyo in the title, and the sutra concludes with these five characters. And the beginning, the end, and what comes in between are all the seven characters of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

The essential Law that is to be propagated in the Latter Day of the Law is contained in the above paragraph.

Anyone who fails to understand this fact and tries to propagate Buddhism in the Latter Day while leaving out this essential Law will not only be found wanting, but will in addition be going against the true intention of Nichiren. Nichiren’s disciples and lay followers will not benefit by having any special talent or understanding other than this."

OTT

This is so very important in the Practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism!

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Votary of The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo


is this supposed to be a great personal epiphany Richard? I suggest that nearly every person who posts here shares this understanding of Nichiren.

Mark
Then why do you proclaim The Ongi Kuden As fake and Unauthentic! This is from The Ongi Kuden Mark! :shrug:

Your slipping Mark! You just got CAUGHT Again!

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Teacher of The Law
Honmatsu Kukyo-to. The Ongi Kuden is a forgery, regardless of the few gems found within. Certainly not wonderful in the beginning, in the middle, and in the end, as are the Five Major Works. The Ongi Kuden is no different than the other forged Gosho, such as on the True Cause.

Even the forged instrument, Nikko's 26 Admonitions has several gems:

"Those who produce forged writings and say that they are Gosho,...are parasites in the lion's body" -- Nikko Shonin Article 4 of the 26 admonitions

Certainly, even by the time of Nikko there were low lives forging Gosho.

Ok. You win. All Goshos are in Nichiren's hand, there are no forged or altered writings, and all people will attain Buddhahood by following you rather than Nichiren and the Eternal Buddha.

Mark

illarraza
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:30 am

Re: Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects.

Post by illarraza » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:29 am

JazzIsTvRicky wrote:In reading this Most Important Doctrinal Debate on 'Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects I find the resources and Doctrine offered is quite clear as to Nichiren's Teachings and the Practice of Faith as taught by him!

Yet there are those who insist on mixing the Daimoku with the recitation of Shakyamuni's Lotus Sutra in their practice of Shakubuku.

No where on Nichiren's Teachings dose he say Recitation of Shakyamuni's Lotus Sutra is the purpose of his life's Mission!

phpBB [video]


This is the only Chant or Recitation or Meditation needed according to Nichiren's Buddhism.

When facing The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo and Chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo we are correctly reading Nichiren's Lotus Sutra!

I find so many jewels in this Debate which lead to so much more in my Study of Nichiren's Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.

Image

Sincerely Richard H Brown A Teacher of The Law
Is that not Nichiren's last Gohonzon, the Shutei Gohonzon, the principle Gohonzon bestowed by the Nichiren Shu? Why did you choose this Gohonzon for your movement? Do you know why I don't spend more time refuting you Richard? Because there are bigger fish to fry and bigger slanderers such as the SGI, the Nichiren Shoshu, and the Nichiren Shu. But truthfully, you are nothing more than SGI light.

Mark

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nichiren-123, Queequeg and 20 guests