Links and references

The Cicada

Links and references

Post by The Cicada » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:41 am

I would like to propose a sticky thread for this subforum where we can post links and references pertinent to the study of Nichiren Buddhism.

Queequeg
Global Moderator

Re: Links and references

Post by Queequeg » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:47 am

Great idea.
Those who, even with distracted minds,
Entered a stupa compound
And chanted but once, “Namo Buddhaya!”
Have certainly attained the path of the buddhas.

-Lotus Sutra, Expedient Means Chapter

I think each human being has things to find out in his own life that are inescapable. They’ll find them out the easy way or the hard way, or whatever.
-Jerry Garcia

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:33 pm

it was metnioned by Q that there are other nichiren forums where we can be more hostile..

does anyone know where i can find this..

maybe it's more for me at this juncture :tongue: :stirthepot: :woohoo: :toilet:

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:02 pm

check out the file section and photo section of this yahoo forum
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GohonzonInfo/info

illarraza

Post by illarraza » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:25 am

The Cicada wrote:I would like to propose a sticky thread for this subforum where we can post links and references pertinent to the study of Nichiren Buddhism.
You know Minobu, you are welcome to have your say on my blog but whatever it is that you posit should be backed up with the Three Proofs.

Mark

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:37 pm

illarraza wrote:
The Cicada wrote:I would like to propose a sticky thread for this subforum where we can post links and references pertinent to the study of Nichiren Buddhism.
You know Minobu, you are welcome to have your say on my blog but whatever it is that you posit should be backed up with the Three Proofs.

Mark
thanks mark :)

Queequeg
Global Moderator

Post by Queequeg » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Should have done this a while ago-

So, with the winter break coming up, I am looking forward to having some time on my hands (hopefully) to do some house keeping, including doing something with this sticky post. I am going to amend the top post in this thread - Cicada, looks like you will get to go down as the Great Librarian - to add the links so we have them available right at the top. If anyone has anything to add, please post in the thread and we'll put it into the lead post.

This should have been added - http://pounceatron.dreamhosters.com/nic ... /home.html

This is our pal Narwhal's great contribution - hosting of the now defunct nichirenscoffeehouse.net site.

:applause:
Those who, even with distracted minds,
Entered a stupa compound
And chanted but once, “Namo Buddhaya!”
Have certainly attained the path of the buddhas.

-Lotus Sutra, Expedient Means Chapter

I think each human being has things to find out in his own life that are inescapable. They’ll find them out the easy way or the hard way, or whatever.
-Jerry Garcia

The Cicada

Post by The Cicada » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 am

Queequeg wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:27 pm
Cicada, looks like you will get to go down as the Great Librarian - to add the links so we have them available right at the top.
I was really aiming to be the Diogenes of Buddhism in the West seeing as the current state of our culture is often much ado about dukkha.

I've been meaning to come back to this thread with a list of pertinent links but haven't gotten around to it yet. Obviously. I anticipate I'll get around to it within this very lifetime, I swear.

:namaste:

Return to “Nichiren”