What does it mean, "All other Buddhas are followers of Shakyamuni Buddha?

illarraza

What does it mean, "All other Buddhas are followers of Shakyamuni Buddha?

Post by illarraza »

"Again, if we consider the question of how long it has been since these various Buddhas attained the fruit of Buddhahood, then we will find that there are some who became Buddhas ten kalpas ago, others a hundred kalpas or a thousand kalpas ago. But in the case of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings, it has already been a period of numberless major world system dust particle kalpas since he became a Buddha of perfect enlightenment and complete reward. The Thus Come One Mahāvairochana, the Thus Come One Amida, the Thus Come One Medicine Master, and all the other Buddhas of the ten directions are followers of Shakyamuni, the lord of teachings and our original teacher. He is like the moon in the sky that is reflected in ten thousand different bodies of water."

This scriptural reference, it seems to me, destroys Taisekeji's Nichiren as True Buddha doctrine.

What do you think?

Mark
ItsRaining

Re: What does it mean, "All other Buddhas are followers of Shakyamuni Buddha?

Post by ItsRaining »

And the Earth shook in the six different ways as this great teaching of expounded upon....
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

illarraza wrote:"Again, if we consider the question of how long it has been since these various Buddhas attained the fruit of Buddhahood, then we will find that there are some who became Buddhas ten kalpas ago, others a hundred kalpas or a thousand kalpas ago. But in the case of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings, it has already been a period of numberless major world system dust particle kalpas since he became a Buddha of perfect enlightenment and complete reward. The Thus Come One Mahāvairochana, the Thus Come One Amida, the Thus Come One Medicine Master, and all the other Buddhas of the ten directions are followers of Shakyamuni, the lord of teachings and our original teacher. He is like the moon in the sky that is reflected in ten thousand different bodies of water."

This scriptural reference, it seems to me, destroys Taisekeji's Nichiren as True Buddha doctrine.

What do you think?

Mark
before reading the rest of the thread .....
Some say
The Thus Come One Mahāvairochana, the Thus Come One Amida, the Thus Come One Medicine Master, and all the other Buddhas of the ten directions
are all Lord Sakyamuni Buddha. Pretty sure Medicine Buddha from the Lotus sutra is.

This incredible long time the first time i read it in it's entirety in the Hurvitz translation i thought wow...we've been around this long ...and even longer...it's a trick to get you to think in terms of how long you have been around and how much karma you need to change...maybe not a trick ...but you get what i mean metaphorically .

and then like whilst Lord Sakyamuni was still some shrub without an inclining to dharma practice other Buddhas had long gone...and they too could use the same time period mentioned in the Lotus. and a gazzillion trillion magillion buddhas ago whom each had to go through that length of time as mentioned in the lotus and still you ain't even close to when this all started....thats the thing...

now as for the Buddha of Kuon Ganjo , or the primordial Buddha ...it's up to debate....sometimes when i try to think like ..

from the ultimate reality we get all these expressions of it... such as trees and ichinen sanzen and people and suns and everything....i think well thats primordial something or other.... from which everything is an expression of ...so why not a primordial buddha ....but then i think....
nah a buddha is just ...whoooops did i say "is just "..... A buddha is a sentient who is awakened to the ultimate reality which is Myoho Renge Kyo...

man if only i could understand that there is an ultimate reality...Does Nichiren Shonin ever talk of such a thing?..is there mention of it in The Lotus Sutra?
For If Nichiren Shonin did indeed talk of the ultimate reality ...well maybe i can go there...with my head....it's just that i am terrified of thinking in terms of something that all things come from....A Rinpoche said i was hung up on thinking there was this underlying thing that it all comes from...

So.

The Buddha never spoke of God the creator...talked of gods but that is different...maybe it just does not matter for us to think about such stuff...

hopefully someone read this whole post and feels like helping me.
illarraza

Post by illarraza »

Nichiren answers all our questions about Shakyamuni Buddha of the Juryo Chapter of the Lotus Sutra

Who transferred Namu Myoho renge kyo to the four great bodhisattvas?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who is the original teacher for all people?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who is the father, teacher and sovereign of all sentient beings?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who is the Original Buddha?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

"We are emanations of whom?"
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

We are disciples of whom?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who attained Enlightenment in the infinite past and has been teaching Myoho renge kyo to all beings since that time?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who left us the medicine?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who revealed the Gohonzon?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who is the foremost being?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Thanks to whom may one become a monk or a nun?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

The Gohonzon is an image of what?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

To whom do we owe the most gratitude?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

What and whom should be the object of Worship?
"Namu Myoho renge kyo and Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

To what and whom should we dedicate our lives?
"Lotus Sutra and Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who entrusted Myoho renge kyo to the Bodhisattvas of the Earth?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who received the royal command of Shakyamuni Buddha?
"I"(Nichiren Daishonin)

Who is the leader and teacher of all human beings?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Whose intent is Myoho renge kyo?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who is the foremost sage?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

From whom does the doctrine of universal Buddha-nature derive?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who is the most filial of the Buddhas?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who is it that alone fulfills the three functions of Sovereign, Teacher and Parent of all mankind?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren

Who originally became enlightened to Namu Myoho renge kyo in the infinite past?
"Shakyamuni" -- Nichiren
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

if you could give the actual quotes from that list i think i might have something to add to the thread
kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Oh man, that q&a had me laughing.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

kilowatt wrote:Oh man, that q&a had me laughing.
really ..i get humour but not yours in this case.
how so.

this is extremely important stuff he brings to the table.
On so many sides are Nichiren's Teachings challenged.
kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

I just thought the straightforward and directness of the post was funny.

Though I do want to know why you think Nichiren's teachings are being challenged .
JazzIsTvRicky

Post by JazzIsTvRicky »

Ask yourselves why?

Taho and all the Buddha's of the Ten Directions had to co sign what Shakyamuni's Lotus Sutra said was true?

Because they were taught 'The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' By Nichiren Daishonin

A فوتاري أوف ذي غوهونزون أوف نام ميوهو رينج كيو
illarraza

Post by illarraza »

JazzIsTvRicky wrote:Ask yourselves why?

Taho and all the Buddha's of the Ten Directions had to co sign what Shakyamuni's Lotus Sutra said was true?

Because they were taught 'The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo' By Nichiren Daishonin

A Nichiren Shoshu footnote [and previous SGI footnote] asserts, "The white ox signifies the Dai Gohonzon". These groups and several Fuji School individuals assert many things of which there is no documentary, theoretical, nor actual proof. According to the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin, the white ox is the One Supreme Vehicle of Buddhahood expounded in the Parable of the Burning House, Lotus Sutra Chapter 3. Also, according to the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren, the Original Eternal Buddha is Shakyamuni.

There are hundreds examples of mass psychosis, alien abductions, revelations of Jesus, the devil, and near death experiences. The problem with such claims is that there is no documentary, theoretical, nor actual proof. Remarkable but un-provable claims of Buddhist attainments, miracles, or even doctrine is the reason that Nichiren enjoined us to the Sutra, the manifest reality of the Buddha's Enlightenment.

Actual proof as a standard for the superiority of a religion or philosphy is the most important of the three proofs [documentary, theoretical, and actual]. There must be a way to establish actual proof or all philosophies and religions would be equally valid. There are several ways to establish actual proof. Historicity is one way but as a retrospective device, it is not as powerful as a prospective device such as a rain challenge, prophecies, predictions, and formal debates. Likewise, thusness, or the actuality of a teaching and the behavior of the believers of a particular teaching is an important aspect of actual proof. For example, there is not one exhortation to violence in the Lotus Sutra and the non-violent behavior of the votaries of the Lotus Sutra can be contrasted with the call for violence in the Bible and Q'uran and the actual violence perpetrated by Muslims, Christians, and Jews. Merely leading an ethical life and performing good deeds is a less powerful standard of actual proof because followers of all religions are capable of adhering to this standard.

An example of the truth of actual fact:

"The five senior priests disregarded many Gosho, including most of Nichiren Daishonin's letters on account of their being written in a mix of Chinese Characters and Japanese phonetic syllabary. They also slandered Nikko Shonin for revering the Daishonin's writings as "Gosho" and for delivering lectures on them.They went so far as to bleach the paper on which the Daishonin had written certain Gosho (so that it could be reused for other purposes), or else consigned them to flames. Further they labeled as forged writings and repudiated those Gosho that showed their own ideas in a disadvantageous light." -- Daisaku Ikeda

No one has saved and preserved more Gosho, including disputed ones, than the five senior priests, Toki Jonin, their disciples, and the schools they founded. Without the efforts of the Five Senior Priests and the "orthodox" sects, there would be few writings, no Major Works, and no Gosho Zenshu. All the theoretical and documentary proof in the world, let alone the lies and hearsay of Taisekiji and the Soka Gakkai, can not touch the truth of actual fact.

Mark
JazzIsTvRicky

Post by JazzIsTvRicky »

Since Nichiren is The True Buddha of Kuon Ganjo and Shakyamuni and Taho were his Disciples as well as all the Buddha’s of the Ten Directions, The essence of this thread is an untruth!

Since Taho and all the Buddha’s from the Ten Directions had to co-sign Shakyamuni’s Lotus Sutra it means they all were taught it by Nichiren who appeared in This Day and revealed the Three Great secret Laws and Inscribed The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

I suggest you read Mr. Josei Toda’s Lectures which are available here:
http://www.geocities.ws/chris_holte/Bud ... l#contents

I find the Gosho most interesting and indeed a guide to reading Shakyamuni’s Lotus Sutra which if read by itself would be futile in your pursuit of Enlightenment👀🙏
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

JazzIsTvRicky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 am Since Nichiren is The True Buddha of Kuon Ganjo
Define Buddha of Kuon Ganjo
and Shakyamuni and Taho were his Disciples as well as all the Buddha’s of the Ten Directions,
how do you come to that conclusion and statement?
Since Taho and all the Buddha’s from the Ten Directions had to co-sign Shakyamuni’s Lotus Sutra

define had to co sign .
it means they all were taught it by Nichiren who appeared in This Day and revealed the Three Great secret Laws and Inscribed The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
How did the Buddha Kuon Ganjo teach . What Kaya Body did he use and what proof of this do you have.
revealed the Three Great secret Laws
What were the Three Great secret Laws , and when in the distant past did he teach Shakyamuni and Taho as well as all the Buddha’s of the Ten Directions,

where did you get this information
The essence of this thread is an untruth!
if you can honestly and clearly answer the above maybe we can see why you made this statement.
illarraza

Post by illarraza »

JazzIsTvRicky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 am Since Nichiren is The True Buddha of Kuon Ganjo and Shakyamuni and Taho were his Disciples as well as all the Buddha’s of the Ten Directions, The essence of this thread is an untruth!

Since Taho and all the Buddha’s from the Ten Directions had to co-sign Shakyamuni’s Lotus Sutra it means they all were taught it by Nichiren who appeared in This Day and revealed the Three Great secret Laws and Inscribed The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

I find the Gosho most interesting and indeed a guide to reading Shakyamuni’s Lotus Sutra which if read by itself would be futile in your pursuit of Enlightenment👀🙏
Not according to the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren:

http://markrogow.blogspot.com/2015/11/l ... k-all.html

Who cares what the blasphemer Toda thinks? Only you, the SGI and the Nichiren Shoshu.

Mark
JazzIsTvRicky

Post by JazzIsTvRicky »

Minobu wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:47 pm
JazzIsTvRicky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 am Since Nichiren is The True Buddha of Kuon Ganjo
and Shakyamuni and Taho were his Disciples as well as all the Buddha’s of the Ten Directions,
Since Taho and all the Buddha’s from the Ten Directions had to co-sign Shakyamuni’s Lotus Sutra

define had to co sign .
it means they all were taught it by Nichiren who appeared in This Day and revealed the Three Great secret Laws and Inscribed The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
How did the Buddha Kuon Ganjo teach . What Kaya Body did he use and what proof of this do you have.
What were the Three Great secret Laws , and when in the distant past did he teach Shakyamuni and Taho as well as all the Buddha’s of the Ten Directions,

if you can honestly and clearly answer the above maybe we can see why you made this statement.
For one time in your life read Toda’s Lectures and I wonder, Why are you always in the Lower Life Conditions?

I think I know👀
JazzIsTvRicky

Post by JazzIsTvRicky »

illarraza wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:14 pm
JazzIsTvRicky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 am Since Nichiren is The True Buddha of Kuon Ganjo and Shakyamuni and Taho were his Disciples as well as all the Buddha’s of the Ten Directions, The essence of this thread is an untruth!

Not according to the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren:

http://markrogow.blogspot.com/2015/11/l ... k-all.html

Who cares what the blasphemer Toda thinks? Only you, the SGI and the Nichiren Shoshu.

Mark
You obviously care otherwise why respond with such venom :shrug:

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

JazzIsTvRicky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:58 pm
Minobu wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:47 pm

define had to co sign .

For one time in your life read Toda’s Lectures and I wonder, Why are you always in the Lower Life Conditions?

I think I know👀
ok so you just don't know or are too embarrassed to admit that you are just defending fairy tales and made up as you go stuff .

so you need to negate me with this
Why are you always in the Lower Life Conditions?
you just verified what all the PM's i get about you have told me. I did try to defend you but ...now , what can i say ...too many times you dodge the questions.
toodles, enjoy posting with zero people reading your stuff now.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Straight forward:

From Lotus Sutra Chapter 11:
At that time Bodhisattva Mahāpratibhāna spoke to the Buddha through the Tathāgata’s transcendent powers, saying: “O Bhagavat! We all want to see this buddha’s form.”

The Buddha answered Bodhisattva Mahāsattva Mahāprati bhāna, saying:

“This Buddha Prabhūtaratna made a great vow, saying: Whenever my jeweled stupa appears in the presence of a buddha in order to hear the Lotus Sutra, if that buddha wants to show my form to the fourfold assembly he should gather into one place all his magically created forms that are teaching the Dharma in the worlds of the ten directions. After that my form will appear.

“O Mahāpratibhāna! I shall now gather all my magically created forms who are teaching the Dharma in the worlds of the ten directions.”

Mahāpratibhāna spoke to the Buddha, saying: “O Bhagavat! We also strongly wish to see the Bhagavat’s magically created forms, to honor and pay homage to them!”

Then the Buddha emitted a ray of light from the tuft of white hair between his eyebrows; and they immediately saw the buddhas in five hundred myriads of koṭis of nayutas of lands in the eastern direction equal in number to the sands of the Ganges River. In these lands the soil was of crystal and adorned with treasure trees and jeweled garments; and these lands were full of innumerable thousands of myriads of koṭis of bodhisattvas. Jeweled drapes were hung everywhere and were covered with jeweled nets. All the buddhas in these lands were teaching the Dharma in most harmonious voices. They also saw immeasurable thousands of myriads of koṭis of bodhisattvas, filling all the lands and teaching the Dharma to sentient beings.

The other directions to the south, north, and west, the four intermediary directions, and the upper and lower regions were also illuminated by the ray of light emitted from the tuft of white hair between the Buddha’s eyebrows; and they were also exactly like this.

Then all the buddhas in the ten directions each addressed the assembly of bodhisattvas, saying: “O sons of a virtuous family! We will now go to the place where Śākyamuni is in the sahā world and pay homage to the jeweled stupa of the Tathāgata Prabhūtaratna.”

At that time the sahā world was immediately purified; the earth was of lapis lazuli, adorned with jeweled trees, its roads laid out like a chessboard and bordered with golden cords; and there were no villages, towns, cities, oceans, rivers, mountains, streams, forests, or groves. Very precious incense was burning, māndā rava flowers were spread everywhere on the earth, and it was covered with jeweled nets and drapes from which jeweled bells hung. With the exception of this assembly the devas and human beings were all moved to other lands.

Then the buddhas each took one great bodhisattva as an attendant and arrived under a jeweled tree in the sahā world. Each jeweled tree was five hundred yojanas in height and adorned with branches, leaves, blossoms, and fruits in their proper turn. Under all these jeweled trees were lion seats five yojanas in height that were adorned with great jewels. The buddhas each sat cross-legged on these seats. They sat one after another in this way, filling the great manifold cosmos. Yet the separate forms of Śākyamuni Buddha of even one direction had not all arrived yet.

At that time Śākyamuni Buddha, wanting to be able to receive all of his magically created forms, transformed and purified two hundred myriads of koṭis of nayutas of lands in each of the world-systems in the eight directions. There were no hells, hungry ghosts, animals, or asuras; and all the devas and humans were moved to other lands.

In these transformed lands the earth was made of lapis lazuli and adorned with jeweled trees. These trees were five hundred yojanas in height and were adorned with branches, leaves, blossoms, and fruits in their proper turn. Under every tree was a jeweled lion seat five yojanas in height which was adorned with various jewels. There were no oceans, rivers, or great mountain kings such as Mount Mucilinda, Mount Mahāmucilinda, Mount Cakravāḍa, Mount Mahācakravāḍa, or Mount Sumeru. The lands were all made into one buddha world throughout. The jeweled earth was level and covered everywhere with jewel-studded drapes. Banners and umbrellas were set up, precious incense was burning, and heavenly jeweled flowers covered the ground everywhere.

Then Śākyamuni Buddha again transformed and purified two hundred myriads of koṭis of nayutas of lands in each of the eight directions so that the buddhas could come and sit. There were no hells, hungry ghosts, animals, or asuras; and the devas and humans were moved to other lands.

In the transformed lands the earth was of lapis lazuli and adorned with jeweled trees. The trees were five hundred yojanas in height and were adorned with branches, leaves, blossoms, and fruits in their proper turn. Under these trees were jeweled lion seats that were five yojanas in height and decorated with great jewels. There were no oceans, rivers, or great mountain kings such as Mount Mucilinda, Mount Mahāmucilinda, Mount Cakravāḍa, Mount Mahācakravāḍa, or Mount Sumeru. The lands were all made into one buddha world throughout. The jeweled earth was level and covered everywhere with jewel-studded drapes. Banners and umbrellas were set up, precious incense was burning, and heavenly jeweled flowers covered the ground everywhere.

Then the magically created forms of Śākyamuni Buddha, which had been teaching the Dharma in the hundreds of thousands of myriads of koṭis of nayutas of lands in the east, equal in number to the sands of the Ganges River, gathered here.

In this way all the buddhas in the ten directions gradually came until all were assembled, sitting in the eight directions.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
JazzIsTvRicky

Post by JazzIsTvRicky »

Queequeg wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:27 pm Straight forward:

From Lotus Sutra Chapter 11:
At that time Bodhisattva Mahāpratibhāna spoke to the Buddha through the Tathāgata’s transcendent powers, saying: “O Bhagavat! We all want to see this buddha’s form.”

The Buddha answered Bodhisattva Mahāsattva Mahāprati bhāna, saying:

“This Buddha Prabhūtaratna made a great vow, saying: Whenever my jeweled stupa appears in the presence of a buddha in order to hear the Lotus Sutra, if that buddha wants to show my form to the fourfold assembly he should gather into one place all his magically created forms that are teaching the Dharma in the worlds of the ten directions. After that my form will appear.

“O Mahāpratibhāna! I shall now gather all my magically created forms who are teaching the Dharma in the worlds of the ten directions.”

Mahāpratibhāna spoke to the Buddha, saying: “O Bhagavat! We also strongly wish to see the Bhagavat’s magically created forms, to honor and pay homage to them!”

Then the Buddha emitted a ray of light from the tuft of white hair between his eyebrows; and they immediately saw the buddhas in five hundred myriads of koṭis of nayutas of lands in the eastern direction equal in number to the sands of the Ganges River. In these lands the soil was of crystal and adorned with treasure trees and jeweled garments; and these lands were full of innumerable thousands of myriads of koṭis of bodhisattvas. Jeweled drapes were hung everywhere and were covered with jeweled nets. All the buddhas in these lands were teaching the Dharma in most harmonious voices. They also saw immeasurable thousands of myriads of koṭis of bodhisattvas, filling all the lands and teaching the Dharma to sentient beings.

The other directions to the south, north, and west, the four intermediary directions, and the upper and lower regions were also illuminated by the ray of light emitted from the tuft of white hair between the Buddha’s eyebrows; and they were also exactly like this.

Then all the buddhas in the ten directions each addressed the assembly of bodhisattvas, saying: “O sons of a virtuous family! We will now go to the place where Śākyamuni is in the sahā world and pay homage to the jeweled stupa of the Tathāgata Prabhūtaratna.”

At that time the sahā world was immediately purified; the earth was of lapis lazuli, adorned with jeweled trees, its roads laid out like a chessboard and bordered with golden cords; and there were no villages, towns, cities, oceans, rivers, mountains, streams, forests, or groves. Very precious incense was burning, māndā rava flowers were spread everywhere on the earth, and it was covered with jeweled nets and drapes from which jeweled bells hung. With the exception of this assembly the devas and human beings were all moved to other lands.

Then the buddhas each took one great bodhisattva as an attendant and arrived under a jeweled tree in the sahā world. Each jeweled tree was five hundred yojanas in height and adorned with branches, leaves, blossoms, and fruits in their proper turn. Under all these jeweled trees were lion seats five yojanas in height that were adorned with great jewels. The buddhas each sat cross-legged on these seats. They sat one after another in this way, filling the great manifold cosmos. Yet the separate forms of Śākyamuni Buddha of even one direction had not all arrived yet.

At that time Śākyamuni Buddha, wanting to be able to receive all of his magically created forms, transformed and purified two hundred myriads of koṭis of nayutas of lands in each of the world-systems in the eight directions. There were no hells, hungry ghosts, animals, or asuras; and all the devas and humans were moved to other lands.

In these transformed lands the earth was made of lapis lazuli and adorned with jeweled trees. These trees were five hundred yojanas in height and were adorned with branches, leaves, blossoms, and fruits in their proper turn. Under every tree was a jeweled lion seat five yojanas in height which was adorned with various jewels. There were no oceans, rivers, or great mountain kings such as Mount Mucilinda, Mount Mahāmucilinda, Mount Cakravāḍa, Mount Mahācakravāḍa, or Mount Sumeru. The lands were all made into one buddha world throughout. The jeweled earth was level and covered everywhere with jewel-studded drapes. Banners and umbrellas were set up, precious incense was burning, and heavenly jeweled flowers covered the ground everywhere.

Then Śākyamuni Buddha again transformed and purified two hundred myriads of koṭis of nayutas of lands in each of the eight directions so that the buddhas could come and sit. There were no hells, hungry ghosts, animals, or asuras; and the devas and humans were moved to other lands.

In the transformed lands the earth was of lapis lazuli and adorned with jeweled trees. The trees were five hundred yojanas in height and were adorned with branches, leaves, blossoms, and fruits in their proper turn. Under these trees were jeweled lion seats that were five yojanas in height and decorated with great jewels. There were no oceans, rivers, or great mountain kings such as Mount Mucilinda, Mount Mahāmucilinda, Mount Cakravāḍa, Mount Mahācakravāḍa, or Mount Sumeru. The lands were all made into one buddha world throughout. The jeweled earth was level and covered everywhere with jewel-studded drapes. Banners and umbrellas were set up, precious incense was burning, and heavenly jeweled flowers covered the ground everywhere.

Then the magically created forms of Śākyamuni Buddha, which had been teaching the Dharma in the hundreds of thousands of myriads of koṭis of nayutas of lands in the east, equal in number to the sands of the Ganges River, gathered here.

In this way all the buddhas in the ten directions gradually came until all were assembled, sitting in the eight directions.

:shrug: Unlike you, I Practice Nichiren Daishonin’s Buddhism and Shayamuni’s Lotus Sutra is only Provisional and Expedient Means therefore only useful when read as The Ongi Kuden directs.

Try Studying Nichiren and maybe you will begin your practice of faith which seems to be Locked as you like to do when you are defeated and exposed as a Shakyamuni Worshipper, disguising yourself as practicing Nichiren’s Teachings!

I am disgusted by your lack of faith and pretense of being a Nichiren Buddhist!

Shakyamuni’s Lotus Sutra means nothing to me! I have no relation with his Buddhism!

Nichiren Teaches

“It is written that those who embrace the daimoku of the Lotus Sutra will be protected by the Mother of Demon Children and by the ten demon daughters. Such persons will enjoy the happiness of the wisdom king Craving-Filled and the good fortune of the heavenly king Vaishravana. Wherever your daughter may frolic or play, no harm will come to her; she will move about without fear like the lion king. Among the ten demon daughters, the protection of Kuntī is the most profound. But your faith alone will determine all these things. A sword is useless in the hands of a coward. The mighty sword of the Lotus Sutra must be wielded by one courageous in faith. Then one will be as strong as a demon armed with an iron staff. I, Nichiren, have inscribed my life in sumi ink, so believe in the Gohonzon with your whole heart. The Buddha’s will is the Lotus Sutra, but the soul of Nichiren is nothing other than Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/91/b8/38 ... 177374.jpg
Sincerely
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

What if the Ongi Kuden is wrong?
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

JazzIsTvRicky wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:25 am

:shrug: Unlike you, I Practice Nichiren Daishonin’s Buddhism and Shayamuni’s Lotus Sutra is only Provisional and Expedient Means therefore only useful when read as The Ongi Kuden directs.

Try Studying Nichiren and maybe you will begin your practice of faith which seems to be Locked as you like to do when you are defeated and exposed as a Shakyamuni Worshipper, disguising yourself as practicing Nichiren’s Teachings!

I am disgusted by your lack of faith and pretense of being a Nichiren Buddhist!

Shakyamuni’s Lotus Sutra means nothing to me! I have no relation with his Buddhism!

Nichiren
What does Ongi Kuden say about the relationship between Shakyamuni and his emanations from the 10 directions? Being a commentary on the Sutra, it does not contradict the above quoted passage. The Buddhas of the ten directions are Shakyamuni's emanations.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Nichiren”