What does it mean, "All other Buddhas are followers of Shakyamuni Buddha?

Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: What does it mean, "All other Buddhas are followers of Shakyamuni Buddha?

Post by Queequeg »

narhwal90 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm Will-do once I get home and can cite more exhaustively. As per the mandala workshop sections on the chief disciples, on the gohonzon Nikko inscribed, he used a number of different honorifics for Nichiren, a few being "Buddha". I am citing the translation, I cannot read Japanese- they show the Japanese character along with the corresponding english so I cannot make further distinctions. I would be happy to photograph the citation and post that.
Cool. Thanks! :smile: Photo of the passage would be great.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Coëmgenu wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:36 pm
Minobu wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:22 pm
Coëmgenu wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:11 pm Consulting readings based on the Watson translation at NichirenLibrary, the passage above then specifies that there are no cities or towns (無諸聚落、村營、城邑) in the purified sahalokadhātu. Obviously this is a very pedestrian observation, that there are no cities or towns specifically specified, so these roads clearly have some other purpose/symbolism.

This would make a good thread on its own.

The notion of these roads being in some way figurative or referential to the eightfold path, is this too fanciful a connection to draw based on the usage of 八道 in earlier literature (the Sarvāstivāda āgamas, etc)?
you always see what others don't Coëmgenu , and start a whole other ball rolling.
If there are spiritual understandings , that someone clued into the meaning hidden in the allegories sees,why are they not handed down orally?
I think it is because if you don't see them yourself , you are not ready.

I brought up Kundalini and Malcolm said there is no kundalini in Nichiren's teachings.
We're having our dinner today due to trying to schedule between different peoples' work schedules. Are you seeing a connection between these paths/roads (and the 'gold as a cord/thread/string/rope') and kuṇḍalinī?
hmmmm..never thought of it..
but when i first started Tibetan Buddhism and Tantra i soon realized that though they were talking about the process in a whole other light..and a far safer way i guess of accomplishing it with safeguards galore...I freaked out that Buddhism was about this. the whole use of heat or Tummo energy thing was very much as i call it my street introduction . I combined those words without any explanation and a tibetan member was all over me..i just let it go...nothing to prove here...

so as i was chanting this past come back, a little over a year ago ,it hit me what i saw. the three channels on The Gohonzon

When The Venerable Nichiren Daishonin talks of amrita...what do you think He is referring to ?

It's really got me over the weekend that i quit this practice...i don't get that....so much from my father's illness to so many other things spiritual and i turned my back on it all..how?

The practice is as deep and as far down the rabbit hole you want to go.
After all it is the Buddha's School we have entered. The time is different and the practice is different but the paradigm is the same as it ever was..

same as it ever was ...same as it ever was....

here we are perfectly described on video..

Minobu

Post by Minobu »

JazzIsTvRicky wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:02 am
Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:27 pm
JazzIsTvRicky wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:12 am All I need to know is within Nichiren’s Teachings and all I need to do is Chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo in my Practice of Faith in The Gohonzon of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

I’ll leave the intellectuals to do what they do! Buddhism is not about knowledge but Faith. This is my concentration and always has been! Try learning what Faith in Nichiren’s Buddhism is and I am sure you will find it when you continue Studying ‘Gongyo as Practiced by Nichiren Buddhism Sects’

As over 12000 others are doing all over the World!

What a wonderful contribution all if you have made.

Thank you for your sincerity and time!

Sincerely
so you don't know why you post the stuff you post.
it really is just copy paste stuff you have no idea about.
and this is the bow out with egg on your face post...

what a nightmare!!!!

by the by if anyone ever never wanted blind faith it is Buddha and the person you call your teacher The Very Venerable Dai Sensei Nichiren Daishonin

and it is all about knowledge....faith is the key to the practice...knowledge is the key to shakubuku . there comes a point where study goes beyond faith...

:shrug: Please show me where Nichiren or any other Buddha says Study gose beyond Faith :shrug:

Nichiren Teaches

“Since you press me for an answer, listen and then have firm faith in what you have heard. The passage is that in the “Life Span” chapter that reads: “I will leave this good medicine here. You should take it and not worry that it will not cure you.”

I am amused by your interpretations my friend :soapbox:
now now answering to a claim you cannot answer the questions to ,or talk about the very ideas you have on this subject,with a question? ?? ???

this just proves ..you do not know What The buddha of Kuon Ganjo actually means , you have not a clue as to why The Venerable Nichiren Daishon praised the Lotus Sutra and called Himself a Bodhisattva ...you are just some shill for SGI. a very bad uninformed one at that..who dodges questions with questions...

maybe a troll..but this is your knowledge base :broke:
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

DGA wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:45 pm

This is completely irrelevant to the discussion Minobu and Malcolm were having about kundalini, however.

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends north of the 49th parallel.
I just posted before reading this..
He said i mixed up Tummo and Kundalini...i never explained the use of Tummo to excite Kundalini.

i've decided to speak out...
go back read the posts with what i just said and tell me i contradicting myself or making it up so as to impress.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

we are not alone in this Great Work here have a look and think Kundalini during a time one could get burned at the stake for discussing it...so it is revealed like this

notice the three with one with a staff in the middle..
the fire or Tummo energy ,being produced.

in the background just above the almost naked man's hand...

looks like a vessel with something releasing into the middle large chamber with two beside it on a circular base.

everything in this etching has meaning to the Holy Alchemist at this time. this is what i thought was street level Kundalini when i was first introduced .

google Prima Materia go to images.....
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

Queequeg wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:59 pm
narhwal90 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:15 pm Nikko used the honorific "Buddha" for Nichiren
Can you elaborate on this?
Hi Q,

Here is a pic of the table of honorifcs, listed by disciple & number of occurances. I have a higher res photo I can post if desired.

Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Awesome. Thank you.

I particularly like the title, 今家聖人, I think pronounced konkashonin, Sage of Our House, used by Nichiro.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Coëmgenu wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:36 pmAre you seeing a connection between these paths/roads (and the 'gold as a cord/thread/string/rope') and kuṇḍalinī?
The more i think about it ...No.
but maybe you might see something in a way that is meaning to you on this or another subject.

I can only see it when it is obvious.
Buddhism is about the physical when it comes to the physiological and extending life and curing illness and opening up new centres of perceptions.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

There is no person in buddhahood. So how could any buddha be a follower of any other buddha?
Caoimhghín

Post by Caoimhghín »

Minobu wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 am
Coëmgenu wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:36 pmAre you seeing a connection between these paths/roads (and the 'gold as a cord/thread/string/rope') and kuṇḍalinī?
The more i think about it ...No.
but maybe you might see something in a way that is meaning to you on this or another subject.
I don't actually see it either, I was just reading the thread wrong and thought that that was the connection you were making. Either way, no connection there at least.
Then, the monks uttered this gāthā:

These bodies are like foam.
Them being frail, who can rejoice in them?
The Buddha attained the vajra-body.
Still, it becomes inconstant and ruined.
The many Buddhas are vajra-entities.
All are also subject to inconstancy.
Quickly ended, like melting snow --
how could things be different?

The Buddha passed into parinirvāṇa afterward.
(T1.27b10 Mahāparinirvāṇasūtra DĀ 2)
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:18 am There is no person in buddhahood. So how could any buddha be a follower of any other buddha?
what about the nirmana kaya ..historical Buddhas....different times....different planets....different big bangs ... different infinite kalpas...

what about you...like if you attain Buddhahood...malcolm disappears? there never was a malcolm anymore..
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:18 am There is no person in buddhahood. So how could any buddha be a follower of any other buddha?
this is the one i would learn by the most...if you could explain this to me...wow...
and i am not being sarcastic when i say ...please for the love of DW don;t read any weirdness or anything in this question....
what about you...like if you attain Buddhahood...malcolm disappears? there never was a malcolm anymore..
i
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Minobu wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:32 am
what about the nirmana kaya ..historical Buddhas....different times....different planets....different big bangs ... different infinite kalpas...

As I said, there is no person in buddhahood, so these kinds of identity questions are a total waste of time.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Minobu wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:36 am
There is no person in sentient beinghood either.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:38 am
are you speaking from an emptiness point of view...?
all conventionalism is out the window for you?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Minobu wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:42 am
There is no conventional persons in either buddhas or sentient beings. Why? Because conventions are themselves empty. For this, the whole identity question is a red pill/blue pill question. If one wants to get sucked into false identities, take the blue pill.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:54 am

There is no conventional persons in either buddhas or sentient beings. Why? Because conventions are themselves empty. For this, the whole identity question is a red pill/blue pill question. If one wants to get sucked into false identities, take the blue pill.
so how does one live with oneself then..i mean like what is it like to live knowing you and nothing actually exists ...this is a bit extreme for me...where is the middle path...you seem to have none...you have annihilated everything..to the point it is either a blue pill or a red pill...no yellow pill.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Minobu wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:57 am
so how does one live with oneself then..i mean like what is it like to live knowing you and nothing actually exists ...this is a bit extreme for me...where is the middle path...you seem to have none...you have annihilated everything..to the point it is either a blue pill or a red pill...no yellow pill.
There is no blue pill, actually, and further, there is no need for one.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:02 am

so total annihilation of everything leads to Buddhahood...where this state is totally unconcerned with anything due to being nihilistic by nature...not even nature...nothing...everything and nothing is annihilated...so there is total emptiness and nothing is left to be empty..
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Minobu wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:08 am
Malcolm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:02 am
so total annihilation of everything leads to Buddhahood...where this state is totally unconcerned with anything due to being nihilistic by nature...not even nature...nothing...everything and nothing is annihilated...so there is total emptiness and nothing is left to be empty..
There is no person in buddhahood. Either one can accept this or one has a view of self.

Return to “Nichiren”