Nichiren and Tantra - Split from Shakyamuni as the Eternal Buddha

Tuybachau

Re: Nichiren and Tantra

Post by Tuybachau »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:34 am
Tuybachau wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:45 am
Malcolm wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:21 pm
We all know that the three gates of liberation are śunyatā, alakṣaṇa, and apraṇidhana. 

But this is something one experiences in āryan equipoise. It is not accessible to ordinary people such as myself. I have no idea about you.
- No, you don't know alaksana.. If you do, you see the tathagata and you do not seek buddhahood in this body.
- do not seek an experience in aryan equipoise, then it is accessible and there is no longer any ordinary person.
Words are very easy to say, aren't they?
- You find it hard as you try to discover some ways..
- But there is no way you can attain/realize.. it.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tuybachau wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:52 am - But there is no way you can attain/realize.. it.
Your position is rather pyrrhic and pointless.
Tuybachau

Post by Tuybachau »

We all know that the three gates of liberation are śunyatā, alakṣaṇa, and apraṇidhana. 

But this is something one experiences in āryan equipoise. It is not accessible to ordinary people such as myself. I have no idea about you.
- No, you don't know alaksana.. If you do, you see the tathagata and you do not seek buddhahood in this body.
- do not seek an experience in aryan equipoise, then it is accessible and there is no longer any ordinary person.
Words are very easy to say, aren't they? Parrots can say words too. But they don't understand them. In any case, none of your points are novel, or even that interesting. When you accumulate more merit, more people might be interested in hearing you out. But that would require admitting you're just a person on the internet spewing concepts like everyone else.
- There is nothing to realize in the words.
- There is also nothing to realize outside the words such as in feelings, perceptions, intentions, consciousness...
- What are you trying to achieve?
Tuybachau

Post by Tuybachau »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:09 am
Tuybachau wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:52 am - But there is no way you can attain/realize.. it.
Your position is rather pyrrhic and pointless.
- as you claim to be a sentient being/an ordinary person then you have a position.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tuybachau wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:19 am

Words are very easy to say, aren't they? Parrots can say words too. But they don't understand them. In any case, none of your points are novel, or even that interesting. When you accumulate more merit, more people might be interested in hearing you out. But that would require admitting you're just a person on the internet spewing concepts like everyone else.
Then stop saying them.
- There is also nothing to realize outside the words such as in feelings, perceptions, intentions, consciousness...
Then stop having them.
Why do you care?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tuybachau wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:23 am ...you have a position.
So do you.
Tuybachau

Post by Tuybachau »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:28 am
Tuybachau wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:19 am

Then stop saying them.
Then stop having them.
Why do you care?
- There is nothing wrong with the words. It's you who is wrong to seek something in it.
- There is nothing wrong with feelings, perceptions, intentions, consciousness. It's you who is wrong to seek sth in them.
- Providing conditions for sentient beings to be mature.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tuybachau wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 am
- There is nothing wrong with the words. It's you who is wrong to seek something in it.
You are being presumptuous.

- There is nothing wrong with feelings, perceptions, intentions, consciousness. It's you who is wrong to seek sth in them.
Again, you are being presumptuous

- Providing conditions for sentient beings to be mature.
Hahahaha, hoisted on your own petard. If you keep talking, you will just wrap yourself in more contradictions.
Tuybachau

Post by Tuybachau »

- You were seeking some feelings of interest in the words.
- You  were seeking some novel meanings in the words.
- You were indicating that you are striving for sth outside/more than the words.
- You really attach to the eyes, ears.. consciousnesses in which there are persons on the internet and there are buddhas somewhere else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tuybachau wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:23 am

- You were seeking some feelings of interest in the words.
- You  were seeking some novel meanings in the words.
- You were indicating that you are striving for sth outside/more than the words.
- You really attach to the eyes, ears.. consciousnesses in which there are persons on the internet and there are buddhas somewhere else.
All imputations with no basis in fact.
anjali
Former staff member

Re: Nichiren and Tantra - Split from Shakyamuni as the Eternal Buddha

Post by anjali »

A number of off-topic posts removed. As a reminder, the topic under discussion is, "What did Nichiren say about the Tantras thought? The Mantrayana? Did he comment at all?"
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

anjali wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:33 am A number of off-topic posts removed. As a reminder, the topic under discussion is, "What did Nichiren say about the Tantras thought? The Mantrayana? Did he comment at all?"
I don't know . but i think if you look at the practice with gohonzon , the only reason it works is due to what Tantra Study uncovers.
It's like He took for granted the nuts and bolts and just did it.
you have these deities, buddhas, bodhisattvas, lineage holders wrathful beings, in characters, two seed syllable sanskrit characters, on gohonzon.
The title of the Lotus sutra and all it's meaning and contents down the centre.
There is a belief that in order to bring to life , so to speak, a statue or anything , The Lotus sutra needs to be placed in front it.

but i digress.

He asks of you to take refuge in the meaning of these characters which can only be found inside your 5 foot body.
He ask us to develop these characteristic in order to help oneself and others , and eventually you too can attain Buddhahood.

it's all Tantra 101...just taken for granted.
the Man studied all Buddhist doctrine from one end of Japan to the other before chanting the first Namu MyoHo RenGe Kyo as the sun rose .

i was indoctrinated by the Soka Gakki and was under the impression this was the only real School of Nichiren Daishonin's teachings...when i encountered their methodology of solving inner political problems in their organization , i realized they were not even close to buddhist ideal of compassion ....totally mad power hungry demons.....

so i left and eventually found Tibetan Buddhism..when i found online knowledge of Nichiren Daishonin's Teachings it made me see things differently...that the gakki and The Teachings were really two different things...

anyway...when you see these teachings in light of Buddhist thought and realize the degenrative time all Buddhists now know we are in...

this is a fantastic practice for masses of people to Drink From the Well and Enjoy The Fruits of The Baskets of Teachings....
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

As a further thought to my post....

the mandala of the Eagle Peak Lotus Sutra Happening....one melds with whilst chanting with this gohonzon with any level of understanding.
You end up with all those beings that came and were brought to light!...

Return to “Nichiren”