Lineage in Nichiren

DGA
Former staff member

Re: Lineage in Nichiren

Post by DGA »

DGA wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:25 am
Minobu wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:53 pm
Also i did a five year intense stretch with a Rinpoche whom i am very fond of and very grateful to...
unfortunately i cannot even mention on this site what became of him...which i see nothing wrong with for i know the guy...some inter sect stuff...begins with S

I want to thank you for this post. Why?

For a long time I have read your posts and found them confusing. I couldn’t follow your thinking.

With this specific detail, I now have some context for your style of writing, your thinking, and the urgency with which you write.

So thank you.

I think it would be worthwhile to discuss the role of kami in Japanese Buddhist culture generally.
I forgot to follow up on this.

The reason why "S" is a problem is easy to explain. Beings like "S" present themselves as worthy of refuge, of presenting the best top-shelf final-answer Dharma, but in reality they are samsaric beings. Their followers are basically duped, and behave more or less like beings possessed. And their impact can be hard to predict for those who have a sympathetic relationship, so to speak.

"Toe to toe and face to face with the beast," as it is said:

I'm not sure how such beings are categorized in Japanese Buddhism, but I am confident that such beings are known in this context. That's why I brought up the kami.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

DGA wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:50 pm

I forgot to follow up on this.
we cannot discuss "S" so it's moot...

but why interject with that when talking of me...i never went to a "S" anything...and the Rinpoche as far as I know was not into the whole thing when i met him. He was just a Gelug Rinpoche.it's been 15 years since i saw him
i do not hold one teaching of "S"
Last edited by Minobu on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

hopefully you were not trying to simplify and pigeon whole me with being some "S" person...
surely you would not stoop that low...
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Minobu wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:53 pm
Also i did a five year intense stretch with a Rinpoche whom i am very fond of and very grateful to...
unfortunately i cannot even mention on this site what became of him...which i see nothing wrong with for i know the guy...some inter sect stuff...begins with S
in my defence
what became of him...which i see nothing wrong with for i know the guy...some inter sect stuff...begins with S
i only found out here at DW when Malcolm said he was a big something or other and gave us a link...
the only thing i know "S" is we can't talk of it here and
.some inter sect stuff
which i know nothing about...so like you really are saying.... the more i read this..... that have some sort of "S" ailment..it was an insult :shock: ..
thats pretty damn small of you ...
illarraza

Post by illarraza »

Queequeg wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:02 pm
Queequeg wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:59 pm
Minobu wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:55 pm all of which opens up the hell gates of fake news....
No. Devadatta still suffers retribution for being a false teacher. In this world, he fell directly into Avici Hell alive - the ground opened up and he fell into the ground. Maybe he stumbled on a sink hole.
However, once you learn that a teacher is false, continuing to support them does become your own downfall.
For this reason alone, I maintain that we can't go wrong taking Shakyamuni Buddha and Nichiren Daishonin as teachers.

Mark

Return to “Nichiren”