Re: I lost my job today...

Post by Minobu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:35 am

Coëmgenu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 pm
Minobu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 pm
Coëmgenu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 pm
Well, "shit happens meh" can be likened to Buddhadharma without the implied apathy, which I certainly did not read into the post in question.

we are in the Nichiren section...you said i don't know what i am talking about...

i kept it simple...and with the proper care in directing the focus to practice and the simple reason as to why...

she is asking for us not to chant...be adults....so i guess you are too. there is something more adult and effective than chanting...

cool ...knock yourself out.
I read the exchange very differently. I read an OP stating that he lost his job. I read a Lindama saying that such things will happen regardless of practice. That is the cold-water-on-the-face reality, the "all harsh and sgt majoree" truth. Lindama gave it, not you.

If one were to teach the opposite, then people would leave Nichiren Buddhism the second they didn't get what they chanted for.
it's not about getting what you want, although i truly feel Buddhist practice will give you what you need if you are the sincere and diligent.
i honestly do not think you follow me..probably because you don't practice, nor understand the actual practice in one's daily life...thats the real deal...

when you practice this Buddhism sincerely and daily ...your life is no longer the normal as in mr and mrs jolly and all the little jollies, scenario.

Everything becomes a teaching...sometimes it's the zen crack on the back ..others it's the gentle nudge, still other times it's here have a present, and on and on....

you are dismissing a lot of what i pointed to what she said for your agenda to paint me the bad guy you expressed in the pm..i am not that guy dude!. that really is not there. the point you are trying to make of me is just not it.

and by the way..the whole anger thing said about me...i don't get angry...sometimes wrathful but anger ....not me...you are projecting and seemingly pigeonholing me for effect...i mostly find this stuff hilarious...watching people on a buddhist site give non Budhist advice and tell us not to practice for we are adults....

go over what i wrote and ask yourself what exactly did i want to show ...it just is not Buddhist thought...
you have addressed everything except this
Lindama wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:12 am
Now, as adults, I hope we find what brings us into a different aliveness... it's not easy. it may take time, don't stop here. You will find a new maturity that won't rely on chants and prayers ....
As a Nichiren Buddhist chanting is everything...i connect to the universe through it, find my Buddha Nature and learn to understand it through it, my very existence is enhanced through it, i have cured my father of cancer through it...and an aunt of my wife who i loved who was going into surgery to remove a tumour when she was opened up...it wasn't there...i actually just recalled that...

so you see my advice is always based on this practice and someone coming in and doing it the way she does...well that actually doesn't really cure karma now does it...nor does it lead to Buddhahood....

so yeah knock yourself out paint me what you will...lol....

Lindama

Post by Lindama » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:52 am

Minobu,
you misquoted me on your last post.... it seems to be the source of your discontent.

sorry gents, I was responding to someone who lost his job, nothing else. Everyone seems to agree that chants will not produce job security.... am I wrong about that. Coemgenu correctly tracks what I said... I appreciate your attention. I'll add I didn't understand the implications of crossing into a diff tradition... nor did I notice. he was talking about a job....

meanwhile, this thread appears to have been hijacked from the OP
Not last night,
not this morning,
melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am

Lindama wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:52 am
Minobu,
you misquoted me on your last post....
i apologize if i did.. thats a big no no for me..

could you explain.

and i tried to explain i get where you are coming from...
Minobu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:32 pm

look there is a lot that modern day psychiatry can do for people in the proper hands.
and a lot of well and good is done in social services...
but none of this is the cause for Buddhahood or stemming the repeats in life after life..
maybe if you took some time you would see where i am coming from...
if we live in the Buddha's realm maybe it's a good idea to view your life from that perspective instead of pruning the daily grind.

the whole point is to end the daily grind ma'm ...
there is a lot of misconceptions and prejudices towards Nichiren's Buddhism...it's an easy band wagon to jump on.the task at hand for us .... it's truly in the trenches ..
it's not easy ...and it's hard work...you end up really seeing the reality and futility of the Samsaric daily grind..

somewhere i also said i know you meant well...but this is a whole other approach..it's like the gestalt of Buddhist practices...lol

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Minobu wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:35 am
Coëmgenu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 pm
Minobu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 pm

we are in the Nichiren section...you said i don't know what i am talking about...

i kept it simple...and with the proper care in directing the focus to practice and the simple reason as to why...

she is asking for us not to chant...be adults....so i guess you are too. there is something more adult and effective than chanting...

cool ...knock yourself out.
I read the exchange very differently. I read an OP stating that he lost his job. I read a Lindama saying that such things will happen regardless of practice. That is the cold-water-on-the-face reality, the "all harsh and sgt majoree" truth. Lindama gave it, not you.

If one were to teach the opposite, then people would leave Nichiren Buddhism the second they didn't get what they chanted for.
it's not about getting what you want, although i truly feel Buddhist practice will give you what you need if you are the sincere and diligent.
i honestly do not think you follow me..probably because you don't practice, nor understand the actual practice in one's daily life...thats the real deal...

when you practice this Buddhism sincerely and daily ...your life is no longer the normal as in mr and mrs jolly and all the little jollies, scenario.

Everything becomes a teaching...sometimes it's the zen crack on the back ..others it's the gentle nudge, still other times it's here have a present, and on and on....

you are dismissing a lot of what i pointed to what she said for your agenda to paint me the bad guy you expressed in the pm..i am not that guy dude!. that really is not there. the point you are trying to make of me is just not it.

and by the way..the whole anger thing said about me...i don't get angry...sometimes wrathful but anger ....not me...you are projecting and seemingly pigeonholing me for effect...i mostly find this stuff hilarious...watching people on a buddhist site give non Budhist advice and tell us not to practice for we are adults....

go over what i wrote and ask yourself what exactly did i want to show ...it just is not Buddhist thought...
you have addressed everything except this
Lindama wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:12 am
Now, as adults, I hope we find what brings us into a different aliveness... it's not easy. it may take time, don't stop here. You will find a new maturity that won't rely on chants and prayers ....
As a Nichiren Buddhist chanting is everything...i connect to the universe through it, find my Buddha Nature and learn to understand it through it, my very existence is enhanced through it, i have cured my father of cancer through it...and an aunt of my wife who i loved who was going into surgery to remove a tumour when she was opened up...it wasn't there...i actually just recalled that...

so you see my advice is always based on this practice and someone coming in and doing it the way she does...well that actually doesn't really cure karma now does it...nor does it lead to Buddhahood....

so yeah knock yourself out paint me what you will...lol....
"You don't practice". More of the same from you. You went after me from this angle before.
並畢竟空。並如來藏。並實相。非三 而三三而不三。非合非散而合而散。非非合非非散。不可一異而一異。
All three truths are ultimately empty, all are tathāgatagarbha, all are true aspect. Not three, they are three; three, they are not three. Neither combined nor separated, neither uncombined nor unseparated. Neither same nor different, yet in a sense same, and in a sense different.

夫三諦者。 天然之性徳也。 中諦者。 統一切法。 眞諦者。 泯一切法。 俗諦者。 立一切法。
The three truths. Heaven-sent natural characteristics. The middle truth unifies all dharmas. The ultimate truth demolishes all dharmas. The conventional truth establishes all dharmas.

摩訶止観始終心要Móhēzhǐguān, Shǐzhōngxīnyào.

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Coëmgenu wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 pm
"You don't practice". More of the same from you. You went after me from this angle before.
*sigh*
no one is going after you.....*sigh *

the Buddhism is simple.

we live in a desire realm where all is suffering.
that means even if you won the biggest lottery it would not liberate you or make you totally happy...no one is...it cannot be accomplished espcially with worldly anything.

so a dharma is left to cure those of us in the burning house...we are trapped with our karma playing out in the background the foreground and the very collective ground we associate ourselves with.

so this is not a kumbaya sort of sit back meditate and all is well sort of buddhism...it might attract the incense crowd but it shows them that it is not all love and hugs and everything is nice ...it tackles the everyday problems of this realm in a much different way...

everything that happens to you whilst practicing is of import to you.

watch , learn and chant more.

I'm not going to write a whole post on the practice..for it takes years to actually realize what is happening...

but someone comes in and says
Lindama wrote: ↑Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:12 am
Now, as adults, I hope we find what brings us into a different aliveness... it's not easy. it may take time, don't stop here. You will find a new maturity that won't rely on chants and prayers .
well thats not on our radar...all i tried to do was show that this is not the Nichiren approach at all...

if you ,Coëmgenu , want this to be different ...well fine...what ever you want to do...if you post about it in this manner , i shall add my 2 cents.

take a look here..
Coëmgenu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:41 pm

You don't even know what your own practice is man, but you pull this nonsense on me.

Terrible things may well happen to you when you chant. Indeed, regardless of it you chant. Lindama is absolutely correct in saying this, and you are levelling a cloud of obfuscation at her.
but if you have dedicated your life to Gohonzon and put your life in the auspice of gohonzon, this is the last thing that should be on your mind. It cannot be more clear to a person of practice in this manner.
Case-and-point: the OP chanted. The OP lost his job. The OP chanted.

Even if he had retained his job against all odds, that he chanted would be the miracle, not his retention of employment.
I tried to show that this is just the leaves of the tree fluttering in the winds of change...

the deeper aspect is why is this person trapped in this which could very well end up being a karmic cycle for them.

I'm not asking for job councillors here .

or gentle ladies with kind nudge and motherly advice on the matter ....

I'm asking , if indeed he has given himself to the auspice of Gohonzon , to realize what brought him to this juncture...himself ..and then tried to show the practice as a way to learn , and squash something deeper ...the poisonous cause ..which for me is not sleeping in late..
For that matter, no matter what you get when you chant, the chanting is the miracle, not what you think you got for it.
again it's not what you get it's what you end and destroy..the real enemy here is karma and the actual entrapment in the realm of desire..

arguing over what you get and don't get ...really now...

as i said if you really practice you will get what you need to live and continue..under the auspice of Gohonzon everything is a learning experience not at all like mr and mrs jolly and all the little jollies are experiencing.

that being said...the reality is we are sentients and we desire stuff...so...it's ok to want...want all you wish ...but don't actually chant for it whilst chanting...

it's sort of a trick...an Alchemy trick...do the practice ...proper like whilst chanting...focus...meld with Eagle peak or what is depicted on gohonzon...put your heart into ...whilst chanting...do the vipassana thing and ignore the noise in your head that comes and goes....

and maybe ...just maybe ...that which you desire will appear in your life....

the next trick is to keep it between you and gohonzon and accept it graciously and realize where it came from.....your practice...of changing your life condition and circumstance...it sort of comes inadvertently.. i've seen this..

\i've asked for things in the past and they never came...but i also tried to chant proper like due to my TM meditation training..sort of a vipassana thing i did not know was vipassana at the time...and stuff which was better and far more applicable to my life happened...unfolded...like wow!

I think it was the vipassna style chanting time that unfolded my life....Buddha and your Buddha Tathagata Garbha is well aware of your desires and needs....and is very capable of having anything appear for you in Samsara , for Buddha is the Master Alchemist here ...

also i think when you want to chant for others...all that goes out the window and just do it for others with their problem in mind...that for some odd reason works really fast...seen that too

anyway..it's not a war Coëmgenu ...you are way out there in deciphering minobu and his posts and their actual agendas instead of this hate filled war you think is happening...

edit P.S.
well thats not on our radar...all i tried to do was show that this is not the Nichiren approach at all...

if you ,Coëmgenu , want this to be different ...well fine...what ever you want to do...if you post about it in this manner , i shall add my 2 cents.
the above P.S.i want to make clear is not about the personal war in your head...

it is about what you want this Buddhism to be and what you think it is.

And the part of this Buddhism you want to shelve and just go about your daily life like mr and mrs jolly do. which i am not telling you not to do ...but pointing out it is not what this Buddhism is about..

also i took out the word old in gentle ladies...it was a bad thing i wrote due (omits more weirdness)...slip of the mind..very rude of me and hurtful ...i apologize ...did i tell you i'm old as well...arthritic minobu worries at time....

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Minobu wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:32 pm
Coëmgenu wrote:
*sigh*
Minobu, you don't practice, so I can understand your exasperation. You just don't "get" it. This is the big picture 4D Buddha show. Maybe when you are living the practice you will be able to able to understand why "You went after me from this angle before" would follow "You don't practice". If you practiced, perhaps you would get it.

It's not a very skillful way to converse, is it?

You keep claiming that I told you that I don't practice Buddhism.

Here is our private correspondence:

Coeëmgenu wrote:
Minobu wrote:you were vague on your practice and relationship with the Lotus Sutra.

I think like many Western Buddhists and young people in general I practice a very eclectic mix of whatever happens to be around. When I lived in Toronto I visited a nearby Jodo Shinshu temple. Now I live in Whitby and go to a Sri Lankan Theravada temple. I don't practice Nichiren Buddhism. I actually didn't know anything about it before coming to DharmaWheel.

[...]

Where did you get "I don't practice Buddhism" from that?
All three truths are ultimately empty, all are tathāgatagarbha, all are true aspect. Not three, they are three; three, they are not three. Neither combined nor separated, neither uncombined nor unseparated. Neither same nor different, yet in a sense same, and in a sense different.

The three truths. Heaven-sent natural characteristics. The middle truth unifies all dharmas. The ultimate truth demolishes all dharmas. The conventional truth establishes all dharmas.

bcol01

Post by bcol01 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Really enjoyed what you wrote and i'm glad this Nichiren section is here! I often see tons of views but few replies. I wish people would contribute more of their own thoughts but i'll say, responses like yours sure make up for it. Thank you for your insights! :namaste:

Minobu wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:06 pm
bcol01 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:15 pm
Well actually, I haven't been practicing consistently. In fact, i've struggled immensely with doubt. It was only until I realized my job was in jeopardy that I started chanting again. Nevertheless, I do need to work on my laziness. It ultimately cost me a good job. :thinking:

Queequeg wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 am

Sorry to hear this. Job loss is stressful. I hope that you are coping well.

This was not a direct function of your practice, or rather failure of your practice. There is no Buddhist prayer that could nullify the consequences of being late or not making it to work too many times. Was there a substantial, 'good' reason you were missing work? If so, that issue might be the priority.

The cultivation of practice does lend itself to concatenating positive effects. However, I can safely predict, if you are chronically unreliable, that will likely be an impediment to job prospects no matter what else you do.

But that is not what you want to hear today.

The sun will rise again and you will have another chance. There is no other viable option than getting back up and learning from this. You now are a wiser person by degrees. Now you have a chance to apply that wisdom.

And NMRK is an unsurpassed path to applying wisdom. You have a wonderful jewel. Don't be discouraged. Be bold.

Metta.
These daily occurrences are just a reflection of ourselves.
Buddhism , this Buddhism anyway , is about taking responsibility for our selves.
We are sentients caught in Samsara and the law of cause and effect.

20 years from now this day will be like yesterday's dew.

But unless we fundamentally grow , add to our merit, and understanding, through the daily practice we shall stagnate..

We have the teaching, we have the muddy swamp , and we have the good friends like Buddhas and gods, and all sorts of beings right there when we chant WITH Gohonzon.. All of which affect us...just like hanging out with a bunch of morons...they rub off on you...hang with jocks, they rub off on you, hang with nerds....

When we chant we hang with a select group of sentients and Buddha.

We slowly see this more and more, and to use the word mother nature..that's as close in western thinking as Buddha nature is..
all of the nature is imbued with Buddha..your daily life is imbued and you live in it..

but how it unfolds for you...is up to you..

it's good you talk of your life here...others have their way of giving you advice as they see it...
it's all good...cause it is the Nichiren section !

bcol01

Post by bcol01 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:14 pm

"this is not a kumbaya sort of sit back meditate and all is well sort of buddhism...it might attract the incense crowd but it shows them that it is not all love and hugs and everything is nice ...it tackles the everyday problems of this realm in a much different way...everything that happens to you whilst practicing is of import to you." SO TRUE! No one can save us but ourselves!

Minobu wrote:
Coëmgenu wrote:
*sigh*

the Buddhism is simple.

we live in a desire realm where all is suffering.
that means even if you won the biggest lottery it would not liberate you or make you totally happy...no one is...it cannot be accomplished espcially with worldly anything.

so a dharma is left to cure those of us in the burning house...we are trapped with our karma playing out in the background the foreground and the very collective ground we associate ourselves with.

so this is not a kumbaya sort of sit back meditate and all is well sort of buddhism...it might attract the incense crowd but it shows them that it is not all love and hugs and everything is nice ...it tackles the everyday problems of this realm in a much different way...

everything that happens to you whilst practicing is of import to you.

watch , learn and chant more.

I'm not going to write a whole post on the practice..for it takes years to actually realize what is happening...

but someone comes in and says
Lindama wrote: ↑Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:12 am
Now, as adults, I hope we find what brings us into a different aliveness... it's not easy. it may take time, don't stop here. You will find a new maturity that won't rely on chants and prayers .

take a look here..
Coëmgenu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:41 pm

You don't even know what your own practice is man, but you pull this nonsense on me.

Terrible things may well happen to you when you chant. Indeed, regardless of it you chant. Lindama is absolutely correct in saying this, and you are levelling a cloud of obfuscation at her.
but if you have dedicated your life to Gohonzon and put your life in the auspice of gohonzon, this is the last thing that should be on your mind. It cannot be more clear to a person of practice in this manner.
Case-and-point: the OP chanted. The OP lost his job. The OP chanted.

Even if he had retained his job against all odds, that he chanted would be the miracle, not his retention of employment.
I tried to show that this is just the leaves of the tree fluttering in the winds of change...

the deeper aspect is why is this person trapped in this which could very well end up being a karmic cycle for them.

I'm not asking for job councillors here .

or gentle ladies with kind nudge and motherly advice on the matter ....

I'm asking , if indeed he has given himself to the auspice of Gohonzon , to realize what brought him to this juncture...himself ..and then tried to show the practice as a way to learn , and squash something deeper ...the poisonous cause ..which for me is not sleeping in late..
For that matter, no matter what you get when you chant, the chanting is the miracle, not what you think you got for it.
again it's not what you get it's what you end and destroy..the real enemy here is karma and the actual entrapment in the realm of desire..

arguing over what you get and don't get ...really now...

as i said if you really practice you will get what you need to live and continue..under the auspice of Gohonzon everything is a learning experience not at all like mr and mrs jolly and all the little jollies are experiencing.

that being said...the reality is we are sentients and we desire stuff...so...it's ok to want...want all you wish ...but don't actually chant for it whilst chanting...

it's sort of a trick...an Alchemy trick...do the practice ...proper like whilst chanting...focus...meld with Eagle peak or what is depicted on gohonzon...put your heart into ...whilst chanting...do the vipassana thing and ignore the noise in your head that comes and goes....

and maybe ...just maybe ...that which you desire will appear in your life....

the next trick is to keep it between you and gohonzon and accept it graciously and realize where it came from.....your practice...of changing your life condition and circumstance...it sort of comes inadvertently.. i've seen this..

\i've asked for things in the past and they never came...but i also tried to chant proper like due to my TM meditation training..sort of a vipassana thing i did not know was vipassana at the time...and stuff which was better and far more applicable to my life happened...unfolded...like wow!

I think it was the vipassna style chanting time that unfolded my life....Buddha and your Buddha Tathagata Garbha is well aware of your desires and needs....and is very capable of having anything appear for you in Samsara , for Buddha is the Master Alchemist here ...

also i think when you want to chant for others...all that goes out the window and just do it for others with their problem in mind...that for some odd reason works really fast...seen that too

anyway..it's not a war Coëmgenu ...you are way out there in deciphering minobu and his posts and their actual agendas instead of this hate filled war you think is happening...

edit P.S.

the above P.S.i want to make clear is not about the personal war in your head...

it is about what you want this Buddhism to be and what you think it is.

And the part of this Buddhism you want to shelve and just go about your daily life like mr and mrs jolly do. which i am not telling you not to do ...but pointing out it is not what this Buddhism is about..

also i took out the word old in gentle ladies...it was a bad thing i wrote due (omits more weirdness)...slip of the mind..very rude of me and hurtful ...i apologize ...did i tell you i'm old as well...arthritic minobu worries at time....

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Minobu wrote:
Coëmgenu wrote:
*sigh*
Minobu wrote:
i want to make clear is not about the personal war in your head
For the record, the "before" that I referred, before, to was here, in the thread "if we are Buddhas are we the 3 Kayas":
Coëmgenu wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:48 pm
Minobu wrote:Let me share with you what it's like when one actually practices Buddhism and doesn't just indulge in it as i believe you do.....from a purely academic approach...not to say that what you contribute here goes on deaf ears...i enjoy a lot of what you come up with and the times you point out something that is spot on...It's just not coming from Buddhist meditative / tantric/method/vajrayana/etc/practice....
When you talk like an academic, you get used to people talking to you like this. :meditate: :sage: :spy:
And then, after the moderators reprimanded you, you said:
Minobu wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm
i would remind you that i stated he has admitted to have admitted on the forum that he does not practice...he posted it and said it...
So i am speaking to him on the level he has told us...an academic...i tried to make it also clear that i find nothing wrong with that...and he knows for in pm and stuff to him i have posted ...I always valued his input...

EDIT!!!
actually my bad...i have had the above talks with Coëmgenu...i'm taking for granted you knew that which of course you can't...
Well I have produced that PM in question. It is nothing like what you implied and apparently continue to imply.

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Coëmgenu wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:22 pm
Minobu wrote:
Coëmgenu wrote:
*sigh*
Minobu wrote:
i want to make clear is not about the personal war in your head
For the record, the "before" that I referred, before, to was here, in the thread "if we are Buddhas are we the 3 Kayas":
Coëmgenu wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:48 pm
Minobu wrote:Let me share with you what it's like when one actually practices Buddhism and doesn't just indulge in it as i believe you do.....from a purely academic approach...not to say that what you contribute here goes on deaf ears...i enjoy a lot of what you come up with and the times you point out something that is spot on...It's just not coming from Buddhist meditative / tantric/method/vajrayana/etc/practice....
When you talk like an academic, you get used to people talking to you like this. :meditate: :sage: :spy:
And then, after the moderators reprimanded you, you said:
Minobu wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm
i would remind you that i stated he has admitted to have admitted on the forum that he does not practice...he posted it and said it...
So i am speaking to him on the level he has told us...an academic...i tried to make it also clear that i find nothing wrong with that...and he knows for in pm and stuff to him i have posted ...I always valued his input...

EDIT!!!
actually my bad...i have had the above talks with Coëmgenu...i'm taking for granted you knew that which of course you can't...
Well I have produced that PM in question. It is nothing like what you implied and apparently continue to imply.

wow grudges from february last ...
dude i'm sorry for interacting with you...
i'm giving it all to you...you are 100% right...now sleep the sleep of the initiated ..

just to clarify...seeing you decided to take bits and pieces and mash up all a year later...with none of the outcome of it all...and franlly i don;t care...lol for real dude...

anyway tell us this

what gohonzon do you use?
What gongyo do you use?

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 pm

also are private pm's allowed to be posted here on this site.

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Coëmgenu wrote:

yeah i recall you said something somewhere that you did not practice and after a time i came to the conclusion you do practice...now tell me where i said you did not practice in this thread....

you are the one that accused me of not knowing the practice.

so show me where since this was resolved last february i said you don;t practice...

also as Nichiren practitioner you should know grudges are a killer and a big no no...lol...

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Minobu wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 pm
also are private pm's allowed to be posted here on this site.
I can't speak for the TOS, but legally, if one party consents, then all parties consent to a recording of a conversation which can then be used in a court of law.

Just saying :spy:

I'm on legal grounds here, regardless of TOS.

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:05 am

Minobu wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:57 pm
Coëmgenu wrote:

yeah i recall you said something somewhere that you did not practice and after a time i came to the conclusion you do practice...now tell me where i said you did not practice in this thread....
Ok.
Minobu wrote:
probably because you don't practice, nor understand the actual practice in one's daily life
Minobu wrote:
you are the one that accused me of not knowing the practice.
No, I accused you of not understanding your own practice. I do not practice Nichiren Buddhism, but even I know that the point is to chant. Not get X or Y for chanting.
Minobu wrote:
so show me where since this was resolved last february i said you don;t practice...
See above.
Minobu wrote:
also as Nichiren practitioner you should know grudges are a killer and a big no no...lol...
Do you think I have a grudge? I just thought it was telling that you have accused me twice of this particular offence, with no substantial backing both times.

Queequeg
Global Moderator

Post by Queequeg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:18 am

Both of you knock it off. F'in Canadians.
“Once you have given up the ghost, everything follows with dead certainty, even in the midst of chaos.”
-Henry Miller

"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in.
Great for solving problems, after it creates the problems."
-Modest Mouse

"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world!"
-The Grateful Dead