Debts of Gratitude

Minobu

Debts of Gratitude

Post by Minobu »

discussing debts of gratitude

First up...
are there such a thing in Lotus buddhism?

some of mine, and there are many ,i'll post.

what started this trend of thought and to do it here at DW was Malcolm for me.
He has sparked so many wondrous roads of thought for me i owe him big time and would like him to realize it.
the biggy for me was his comment that we all are dwelling in the Palm of Buddha Mahavairocana .

Next here is Queequeg ..his patience with me in emails pm's and forum posts are invaluable to me.
He has led me to not just a well to drink from but a watershed .

It goes way back to e-sangha days and the other Nichiren forum he and mark produced.

then of course Buddha Sakyamuni , Nichiren Shonin, and lineage masters such as Tien Tai the great and Dengyo...

All the buddhist gods and Dharma protectors.

I've had two other Dharma teachers who taught me well. Zasep tulku Rinpoche and Kalden Geshe La.

There were people in the Gakki who helped, most notable was the person who Shakabukkued me Tom Iwasaki. He told me, a total noob of about less than three months in, that "If i chanted for my father and he did not get better than this religion is a lie and never come back !"
he instilled an incredible trial of faith to see. Along with my feeling of responsibility to do it and get it done.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Debts of Gratitude

Post by Queequeg »

There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Nichiren”