online Gohonzon

dharmapdx

Re: online Gohonzon

Post by dharmapdx »

Queequeg wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:08 pm So, a good friend who lurks here told me that I posted the wrong image for the Shutei Gohonzon. This is the Shutei. No. 81 in the Gohonzon-shu.

Yep. That's the Gohonzon I was given at Nichiren Shu. I was actually going to offer a correction as well, as that didn't seem to be the Shutei Gohonzon that Q posted. But I actually second-guessed myself, LOL, because as a general rule Q knows more than me. LOL.
Attachments
IMG_3999.JPG
IMG_3999.JPG (81.93 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

dharmapdx wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:58 am But I actually second-guessed myself, LOL, because as a general rule Q knows more than me. LOL.
Beware - you never really know who's behind the keyboard. This is a pretty good portrait of QQ.

There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Queequeg wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:34 pm
dharmapdx wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:58 am But I actually second-guessed myself, LOL, because as a general rule Q knows more than me. LOL.
Beware - you never really know who's behind the keyboard. This is a pretty good portrait of QQ.

definitely not going to show my face.... :rolling:
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

ok ok here i am...notice the warning on my forehead....and you wonder why i come to DW

dharmapdx

Post by dharmapdx »

Queequeg wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:34 pm

My brother, this is what I imagine when I think of you…. Which is often…. LOL. (Just kidding. Awkward joke. Sorry. But come on, you're virtually a professor on this subject.)
Attachments
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG (24.66 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

Not to further fan the flames of anyone's curiousity, but don't let Q's false modesty fool you. He has the upright gait of a bodhisattva and a lofty countenance of dignified serenity... kind of like a hafu Edward Cullen.

Often times he simply stands, high and tall above the dwellers of the phantom city as he surveys them—a calm, glistening discernment in his eyes like the clarity of chilling, sweet mountain springs just freed from the snow... and yet, something else beckons. The luminance of a blazing heart; a brilliant, inextinguishable fire, warm as the rays of the sky's only sun piercing through the night, as fierce as the lion in his dominion and masterful as an emperor Khan having subdued all resistance...

Yes, to know him is to love him, and to love him is to know him.

:mrgreen:

These Gohonzon are pretty interesting, too—and a serious subject. A precious concern.

:namaste:
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

:rolleye: :emb:

That statue of Miroku is one of my favorites. It's even more amazing in person.

:focus:
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Nichiren”