Can you describe any situation since you have started chanting where you have been protected?

bcol01

Can you describe any situation since you have started chanting where you have been protected?

Post by bcol01 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:14 pm

In other words, what ways has chanting protected you during different times in your life?

Wicked Yeshe

Re: Can you describe any situation since you have started chanting where you have been protected?

Post by Wicked Yeshe » Fri May 18, 2018 6:27 pm

When i was arrested for visa overstay in Nepal there was this big liberian guy who were going to beat me up in the jail but i put my palms together and silently recited a mantra for self defense. It worked. Took him down.

He was kind afterwards.

Wicked Yeshe

Re: Can you describe any situation since you have started chanting where you have been protected?

Post by Wicked Yeshe » Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Oh it was only Nichiren! :emb:

Queequeg
Global Moderator

Post by Queequeg » Fri May 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Nothing quite like that happened to me.

A friend was being mugged by two men. One grabbed him from behind and started choking him out. He chanted daimoku. One of the men heard it and said, "Yo, that's the shit my sister says. Let's get out of here." They let him go and ran. Later at the hospital, the doctor told him that his chanting probably prevented his throat from collapsing.
Those who, even with distracted minds,
Entered a stupa compound
And chanted but once, “Namo Buddhaya!”
Have certainly attained the path of the buddhas.

-Lotus Sutra, Expedient Means Chapter

I think each human being has things to find out in his own life that are inescapable. They’ll find them out the easy way or the hard way, or whatever.
-Jerry Garcia

bcol01

Post by bcol01 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Interesting.
Queequeg wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:21 pm
Nothing quite like that happened to me.

A friend was being mugged by two men. One grabbed him from behind and started choking him out. He chanted daimoku. One of the men heard it and said, "Yo, that's the shit my sister says. Let's get out of here." They let him go and ran. Later at the hospital, the doctor told him that his chanting probably prevented his throat from collapsing.

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Wicked Yeshe wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm
did you just play a game?

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 pm

i think everyone has a protected aspect to them..
how many people look behind them and like a car is coming at them they did not hear?

so many times i have heard tales like that from all sorts of people..

but chanting puts all that stuff like on roids.lol..
it's not like we are special we...just enhance what is there...

Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe » Fri May 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Minobu wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 pm
Wicked Yeshe wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm
did you just play a game?
No, i missed the fact that it was posted in the Nichiren section. Thought it was buddhist chanting in general. Sorry.

Return to “Nichiren”