Can you describe any situation since you have started chanting where you have been protected?

bcol01

Can you describe any situation since you have started chanting where you have been protected?

Post by bcol01 »

In other words, what ways has chanting protected you during different times in your life?
In his writing, Hokkemongu (Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra), The Great Master Nichiren said, “If the practitioners of the Lotus Sutra wholeheartedly devote their life to the Lotus Sutra and practice according to its golden words, it is certainly needless to say that not only in the next life, but also in this lifetime they will overcome severe difficulty, prolong their life, receive the great, good fortune of unsurpassed enlightenment, and accomplish the great vow of the widespread, propagation of True Buddhism.”
Wicked Yeshe

Re: Can you describe any situation since you have started chanting where you have been protected?

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

When i was arrested for visa overstay in Nepal there was this big liberian guy who were going to beat me up in the jail but i put my palms together and silently recited a mantra for self defense. It worked. Took him down.

He was kind afterwards.
Wicked Yeshe

Re: Can you describe any situation since you have started chanting where you have been protected?

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

Oh it was only Nichiren! :emb:
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Nothing quite like that happened to me.

A friend was being mugged by two men. One grabbed him from behind and started choking him out. He chanted daimoku. One of the men heard it and said, "Yo, that's the shit my sister says. Let's get out of here." They let him go and ran. Later at the hospital, the doctor told him that his chanting probably prevented his throat from collapsing.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
bcol01

Post by bcol01 »

Interesting.
Queequeg wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:21 pm Nothing quite like that happened to me.

A friend was being mugged by two men. One grabbed him from behind and started choking him out. He chanted daimoku. One of the men heard it and said, "Yo, that's the shit my sister says. Let's get out of here." They let him go and ran. Later at the hospital, the doctor told him that his chanting probably prevented his throat from collapsing.
In his writing, Hokkemongu (Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra), The Great Master Nichiren said, “If the practitioners of the Lotus Sutra wholeheartedly devote their life to the Lotus Sutra and practice according to its golden words, it is certainly needless to say that not only in the next life, but also in this lifetime they will overcome severe difficulty, prolong their life, receive the great, good fortune of unsurpassed enlightenment, and accomplish the great vow of the widespread, propagation of True Buddhism.”
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Wicked Yeshe wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm Oh it was only Nichiren! :emb:
did you just play a game?
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

i think everyone has a protected aspect to them..
how many people look behind them and like a car is coming at them they did not hear?

so many times i have heard tales like that from all sorts of people..

but chanting puts all that stuff like on roids.lol..
it's not like we are special we...just enhance what is there...
Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

Minobu wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 pm
Wicked Yeshe wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm Oh it was only Nichiren! :emb:
did you just play a game?
No, i missed the fact that it was posted in the Nichiren section. Thought it was buddhist chanting in general. Sorry.

Return to “Nichiren”