If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post Reply
bcol01
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:20 pm

If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by bcol01 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm

What does it mean to you?

Wicked Yeshe
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 am

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by Wicked Yeshe » Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 pm

To enter ultimate reality and see things as they really are. Awakening to the infinite perfection of life. Never coming back to suffering again.

User avatar
The Cicada
Posts: 930
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:15 am
Location: Trumpaloka

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by The Cicada » Sun May 20, 2018 1:33 am

Wicked Yeshe wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 pm
To enter ultimate reality and see things as they really are. Awakening to the infinite perfection of life. Never coming back to suffering again.
But have you heard that samsara and nirvana are ultimately the same?

Wicked Yeshe
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 am

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by Wicked Yeshe » Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 am

The Cicada wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 1:33 am
Wicked Yeshe wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 pm
To enter ultimate reality and see things as they really are. Awakening to the infinite perfection of life. Never coming back to suffering again.
But have you heard that samsara and nirvana are ultimately the same?
Indeed. It's always been that way. But difficult to grasp in a storm of vasanas and afflictions. Sometimes it feels as if i'm drowning in poison and entering the light of gnosis at the same time.

User avatar
The Cicada
Posts: 930
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:15 am
Location: Trumpaloka

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by The Cicada » Sun May 20, 2018 4:10 am

Wicked Yeshe wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 am
The Cicada wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 1:33 am
Wicked Yeshe wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 pm
To enter ultimate reality and see things as they really are. Awakening to the infinite perfection of life. Never coming back to suffering again.
But have you heard that samsara and nirvana are ultimately the same?
Indeed. It's always been that way. But difficult to grasp in a storm of vasanas and afflictions. Sometimes it feels as if i'm drowning in poison and entering the light of gnosis at the same time.
How far did you follow that gnosis? Sometimes medicine and poison are the same thing just in different doses.

User avatar
Kunga Lhadzom
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:01 am

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Sun May 20, 2018 5:08 am

bcol01 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm
What does it mean to you?
Being perfect
Seems impossible
Incomprehensible
Takes forever

Try your best

:crying:
The Universe flowing through my veins...stars falling from my eyes......rocks rolling in my head...lemon juice dripping down my chin....

https://drunklotus.blog

Wicked Yeshe
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 am

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by Wicked Yeshe » Sun May 20, 2018 5:29 am

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:08 am
bcol01 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm
What does it mean to you?
Being perfect
Seems impossible
Incomprehensible
Takes forever

Try your best

:crying:
Keep crying and a goddess will be born from your tears.

Wicked Yeshe
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 am

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by Wicked Yeshe » Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 am

The Cicada wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:10 am
Wicked Yeshe wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 am
The Cicada wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 1:33 am


But have you heard that samsara and nirvana are ultimately the same?
Indeed. It's always been that way. But difficult to grasp in a storm of vasanas and afflictions. Sometimes it feels as if i'm drowning in poison and entering the light of gnosis at the same time.
How far did you follow that gnosis? Sometimes medicine and poison are the same thing just in different doses.
How long is a string? It seems to either stagnate or derail once i sense that it's coming. Very hard to explain.

I agree about the dose being the poison.

User avatar
The Cicada
Posts: 930
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:15 am
Location: Trumpaloka

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by The Cicada » Sun May 20, 2018 7:05 am

Wicked Yeshe wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 am
How long is a string? It seems to either stagnate or derail once i sense that it's coming. Very hard to explain.

I agree about the dose being the poison.
Did I say the dose was poison? Lol. "Good medicine tastes bitter," though I really have no idea of knowing what you've actually been doing. ...Have you ever tried chanting daimoku?

Wicked Yeshe
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 am

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by Wicked Yeshe » Sun May 20, 2018 8:35 am

I chanted daimoku. It is very powerful. I can feel that i am on the treshold of something great when i do. But i never delved into it because of nembutsu loyalty and pride.

User avatar
Kunga Lhadzom
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:01 am

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 am

Wicked Yeshe wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:29 am
Keep crying and a goddess will be born from your tears.
:heart:
The Universe flowing through my veins...stars falling from my eyes......rocks rolling in my head...lemon juice dripping down my chin....

https://drunklotus.blog

User avatar
Karma Dondrup Tashi
Posts: 1615
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi » Mon May 21, 2018 8:55 pm

Purified obscurations, replete wisdom.

Post Reply

Return to “Nichiren”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MyNameIsEarl, Tatsuo and 47 guests