If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

bcol01

If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by bcol01 »

What does it mean to you?
In his writing, Hokkemongu (Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra), The Great Master Nichiren said, “If the practitioners of the Lotus Sutra wholeheartedly devote their life to the Lotus Sutra and practice according to its golden words, it is certainly needless to say that not only in the next life, but also in this lifetime they will overcome severe difficulty, prolong their life, receive the great, good fortune of unsurpassed enlightenment, and accomplish the great vow of the widespread, propagation of True Buddhism.”
Wicked Yeshe

Re: If you had to explain what Buddhahood is....

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

To enter ultimate reality and see things as they really are. Awakening to the infinite perfection of life. Never coming back to suffering again.
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

Wicked Yeshe wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 pm To enter ultimate reality and see things as they really are. Awakening to the infinite perfection of life. Never coming back to suffering again.
But have you heard that samsara and nirvana are ultimately the same?
Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

The Cicada wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:33 am
Wicked Yeshe wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 pm To enter ultimate reality and see things as they really are. Awakening to the infinite perfection of life. Never coming back to suffering again.
Indeed. It's always been that way. But difficult to grasp in a storm of vasanas and afflictions. Sometimes it feels as if i'm drowning in poison and entering the light of gnosis at the same time.
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

Wicked Yeshe wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 am
Indeed. It's always been that way. But difficult to grasp in a storm of vasanas and afflictions. Sometimes it feels as if i'm drowning in poison and entering the light of gnosis at the same time.
How far did you follow that gnosis? Sometimes medicine and poison are the same thing just in different doses.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

bcol01 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm What does it mean to you?
Being perfect
Seems impossible
Incomprehensible
Takes forever

Try your best

:crying:
Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:08 am
bcol01 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm What does it mean to you?
Being perfect
Seems impossible
Incomprehensible
Takes forever

Try your best

:crying:
Keep crying and a goddess will be born from your tears.
Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

The Cicada wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:10 am
Wicked Yeshe wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 am

How far did you follow that gnosis? Sometimes medicine and poison are the same thing just in different doses.
How long is a string? It seems to either stagnate or derail once i sense that it's coming. Very hard to explain.

I agree about the dose being the poison.
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

Wicked Yeshe wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 am How long is a string? It seems to either stagnate or derail once i sense that it's coming. Very hard to explain.

I agree about the dose being the poison.
Did I say the dose was poison? Lol. "Good medicine tastes bitter," though I really have no idea of knowing what you've actually been doing. ...Have you ever tried chanting daimoku?
Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

I chanted daimoku. It is very powerful. I can feel that i am on the treshold of something great when i do. But i never delved into it because of nembutsu loyalty and pride.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Wicked Yeshe wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:29 am Keep crying and a goddess will be born from your tears.
:heart:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Purified obscurations, replete wisdom.
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.

Return to “Nichiren”