Buddha Sutras Anime

Satoshi20

Buddha Sutras Anime

Post by Satoshi20 »

Thought I'd share, Buddha Sutras Anime
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 82C8CE5E36
Produced by West Hongan-ji Temple, animated by Visual 80 in 1986.
vikas113

Re: Buddha Sutras Anime

Post by vikas113 »

Satoshi20 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:09 pm Thought I'd share, Buddha Sutras Anime
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 82C8CE5E36
Produced by West Hongan-ji Temple, animated by Visual 80 in 1986.
Indeed very helpful! Thank you very much for sharing Dhamma videos! :bow:
sth9784

Post by sth9784 »

Great find, thank you.

I just watched the episode about the Meditation Sutra, and I like how they included the background story about why Ajatashatru wanted to kill his father.
Crom!
Invokingvajras

Post by Invokingvajras »

These are wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

You can also find the Japanese-language originals for sale in DVD format at Hongwanji Publications.

We would do well with an English dub for people who struggle with reading subtitles. That would be a project worth investing in, if the animation itself isn't too dated for today's Western audience.
Spiraling Down the Middle Path

♒⚡~若悩乱者頭破七分~⚡♑
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Oh cool! Is there somewhere Japanese version online? The Chinese one sounds bit off. But still thanks!!
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Satoshi20

Post by Satoshi20 »

sth9784 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 pm Great find, thank you.

I just watched the episode about the Meditation Sutra, and I like how they included the background story about why Ajatashatru wanted to kill his father.
There is also an anime movie by Hongan-ji adapted from Amitabha Sutra with better character designs & art
親鸞聖人と王舎城の悲劇
Sentient Light

Post by Sentient Light »

Miroku wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 am Oh cool! Is there somewhere Japanese version online? The Chinese one sounds bit off. But still thanks!!
I would think so. All of these videos have Vietnamese dubs online too, which has been useful for me in learning the language. lol. If you know the titles of the sutras in Japanese, I'd try entering that into Youtube's search bar and see what comes up.
:buddha1: Nam mô A di đà Phật :buddha1:
:bow: Nam mô Quan Thế Âm Bồ tát :bow:
:bow: Nam mô Đại Thế Chi Bồ Tát :bow:

:buddha1: Nam mô Bổn sư Thích ca mâu ni Phật :buddha1:
:bow: Nam mô Di lặc Bồ tát :bow:
:bow: Nam mô Địa tạng vương Bồ tát :bow:
Sentient Light

Post by Sentient Light »

Satoshi20 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:38 am
There is also an anime movie by Hongan-ji adapted from Amitabha Sutra with better character designs & art
親鸞聖人と王舎城の悲劇
Here is a two-hour anime of the Vows of Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Sutra in full as well:

The audio's in Vietnamese, and there are no dubs, but I figure by posting it, someone can find the original or a version with English something (I'm fairly certain this isn't Vietnamese-produced).
:buddha1: Nam mô A di đà Phật :buddha1:
:bow: Nam mô Quan Thế Âm Bồ tát :bow:
:bow: Nam mô Đại Thế Chi Bồ Tát :bow:

:buddha1: Nam mô Bổn sư Thích ca mâu ni Phật :buddha1:
:bow: Nam mô Di lặc Bồ tát :bow:
:bow: Nam mô Địa tạng vương Bồ tát :bow:
sth9784

Post by sth9784 »

sth9784 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 pm Great find, thank you.

親鸞聖人と王舎城の悲劇
It is amazing that the very tragic story of Bimbisara, and, Vaidehi with their desire for an heir which is full of bad behavior is what led to the expounding of the Meditation Sutra. How such evil acts as killing an ascetic, and then later the attempting to kill young Ajatashatru could lead to the revelation of a Sutra that leads to the Pure Land, I find to be very thought provoking.
Crom!
Satoshi20

Post by Satoshi20 »

Sentient Light wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 pm
親鸞聖人と王舎城の悲劇
Here is a two-hour anime of the Vows of Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Sutra in full as well:

The audio's in Vietnamese, and there are no dubs, but I figure by posting it, someone can find the original or a version with English something (I'm fairly certain this isn't Vietnamese-produced).
It's produced by Aputi & ALCOO along with Daai TV, Taiwanese non-profit animation studios. They have animated lot of sutras including all Amitabha sutras (including Infinite Life Sutra) & Kannon Sutra too.

Return to “Pure Land”