Paul Roberts

shaunc

Paul Roberts

Post by shaunc »

At the moment I'm not sure how good my information is but I heard yesterday that Paul Roberts a reasonably well known teacherof jodo shinshu (shin buddhism) has passed away.
If my information is correct may he find peace in the western pureland of Amida.
Namu Amida Butsu.
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Re: Paul Roberts

Post by Admin_PC »

Heard it from two different sources (a friend on facebook and the True Shin Yahoo Group), so I think it's probably true. I hope he may quickly be reborn in the Pure Land, become a Buddha, and help all sentient beings.

Namo Amida Butsu
User 3495

Post by User 3495 »

The Amida-ji in Romania is also writing about it: http://amida-ji-retreat-temple-romania. ... -land.html

南無阿弥陀佛
steveb1

Post by steveb1 »

Yes, I too read it on Jodo Adrian Cirlea's Facebook post. I was unable, however, to find anything at all on Google, no matter how I phrased my inquiry ("Paul Roberts Buddhist teacher death", etc., brought up nothing).

Assuming the report is true, it is sad news. Paul endured many sufferings and tragedies in his life, but despite that, he was a tireless helper to his students and a faithful adherent of both the Dharma and Jodo Shinshu specifically. He will be missed.
Shingyo

Post by Shingyo »

Yes, unfortunately the news is indeed true. I'm a member of his Yahoo Shin Buddhist group, and it has been the primary discussion for the past couple days.
"There is no place where the moonlight fails to grace, but it only abides in and purifies the hearts of those who gaze upon its face."
~ Honen Shonin

Namo Amituofo
steveb1

Post by steveb1 »

jaidyncasey wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25 pm Yes, unfortunately the news is indeed true. I'm a member of his Yahoo Shin Buddhist group, and it has been the primary discussion for the past couple days.
Thanks for that information from the source. My heartfelt sympathies to you and all the others in the Yahoo group.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

I've corresponded with him a few times in the past. He was a good man, full of knowledge about the Shin tradition. He will be missed.

Return to “Pure Land”