Ah Thigle - work in progress - feedback welcomed

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Vasana

Ah Thigle - work in progress - feedback welcomed

Post by Vasana »

Here's a white Ah and thigle i've been making recently as a visualization and concentration aid. I'm going to try and make the font look more caligraphic as i think it would feel more natural than most of the clinical ,computer-font versions i've seen and i'm also going to do a version with the Hues in the different orders as related to the elements. For the purpose of contemplating the nature of light, sound and rays, i think the spectral-hues in this order are fine. The background is darker than the usual sky-blue we find, because i think the higher the contrast , the easier it is for the colours to form an imprint in the eye/memory.

Any feedback or suggestions welcome.

'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
lelopa

Re: Ah Thigle - work in progress - feedback welcomed

Post by lelopa »

yellow A left & green at right side would be better for my purposes
Lost In Transmission
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

What lineage is the color sequence from?

Nice vibrant colors.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

lelopa wrote:yellow A left & green at right side would be better for my purposes
amanitamusc wrote:What lineage is the color sequence from?

Nice vibrant colors.
Yes, it was a mistake for me to arrange yellow and green. Here you go.

These are still work in progress and photobucket really sucks out the vibrancy but sufficient for now as i don't have much time to edit and find a better image platform.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat »

The 'A' in the last two examples are more like how they are traditionally painted or carved. The first examples look more like they a written by pen, which although more 'calligraphic' as you say, appear unusual in this context. Interestingly, the style of Tibetan script we see in traditonal pecha is produced by printing from carved wooden blocks and not directly from writing.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

The colors on the first post are exceptional.

The color sequence on the last one is correct.

Thanks
Paul

Post by Paul »

These look brilliant. I love the slightly fuzzy glow to them.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
shanehanner

Post by shanehanner »

Is it wrong to visualize the thigle and Tibetan "A" instead with and english "A"? If thats the case, could you make one like that?
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

shanehanner wrote:Is it wrong to visualize the thigle and Tibetan "A" instead with and english "A"? If thats the case, could you make one like that?
CHNN Rinpoche has said you can do that so there is nothing wrong with the English A.
You can make one like that, later you might want to try the Tibetan A

Return to “Media”