the hero who frees from fear

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
HandsomeMonkeyking

the hero who frees from fear

Post by HandsomeMonkeyking » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Recently saw this:
phpBB [video]

It's an audio book, in german.
According to the text its written by the Dalai Lama, and seems to be a commentary of something from the 1st Panchen Lama. Maybe as the title suggests with a similar title to "The Hero who frees from fear - Prayers for the rescue from the Bardo'

Now I would like to know the correct title of that text.
And if anybody knows, also whether this book that might be from the HHDL is released and what's its name.

joy&peace

Re: the hero who frees from fear

Post by joy&peace » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Good / great post.

I would like to know too.
Om Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate bodhi svaha

jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:34 am

The root text would be a short verse prayer titled "The Courageous Hero Gaining Liberation by Overcoming the Fears of the Hazardous Passage of the Intermediate State" composed by Panchen Losang Chokyi Gyaltsen. I am not aware of any published commentary on it in English by the current Dalai Lama.

jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:52 pm

HandsomeMonkeyking wrote: Now I would like to know the correct title of that text.
And if anybody knows, also whether this book that might be from the HHDL is released and what's its name.
joy&peace wrote:Good / great post.

I would like to know too.
I stand corrected, HHDL has a commentary on the Panchen Lama's prayer published in English titled Advice on Dying, and Living a Better Life