Jim Carrey does a no-self bit

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Jim Carrey does a no-self bit

Post by Queequeg »

On the red carpet at a fashion week event. Hilarity ensues.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jim ... e53107a5c0
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Rick

Re: Jim Carrey does a no-self bit

Post by Rick »

Standup nonduality? :tongue:
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

JC spittin' truth, yo.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Woke up thinking about this.

Jim Carrey is awesome.

Man walks into a den of vanity and declares 'I'm not here.'

:rolling:

The world needs more people speaking truth to ego.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

He always seems to be authentically.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Queequeg wrote:Woke up thinking about this.

Jim Carrey is awesome.

Man walks into a den of vanity and declares 'I'm not here.'

:rolling:

The world needs more people speaking truth to ego.
If he dislikes being there, if it doesn't matter, why is he there wearing a $10,000 suit? Stop complaining about something that is free to do. And the woman is merely doing her job, trying to interview people who show up at those events for the people who are interested in those things, such as fashion, etc. Sure, my opinion of those kinds of things is pretty damn low, it's not at all something I care much about (I would never be at such an event), but why is he so difficult with her with all his pretentious babble?

Before this he met another reporter outside, who ate up every single word Jim Carrey said as pure unadulterated wisdom, and agreed with everything he had to say, and then Jim Carrey was so much happier, because he got to wax on freely with his Eckhart Tolle is God trip, saying the exact same things and a little more.

But aside of that, how awesome is Jim Carrey these days, really? For starters, Jim Carrey is an avid anti-vaxxer and is into pseudoscience. This is a huge negative mark in my book.

Next up, he deliberately did not inform his former girlfriend of the STD's and diseases he carries, such as Hepatitis A, HSV I and II, plus Chlamydia. When she found out about this after being infected, and went to him to get help, he suddenly turned cold. She left her husband to be with Jim Carrey. Probably a very rash decision, and certainly not a kind one with regards to her husband, but she thought she had something with Jim Carrey.

And so when she got infected with a number of diseases he did not inform her about, and when she tried to get help from him, he refused to help her and refused to have contact with her. Heartbroken after all of this, she committed suicide.

And now, her former husband is suing Jim Carrey, as he allege Jim Carrey provided her with the drugs she used to kill herself, under the fake name "Arthur King":

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... iona-white

But yeah, I suppose he's awesome because he is so non-dual and stuff. So here's another celebrity also speaking "wisdom", just like Jim Carrey:
phpBB [video]
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Well, thank you for that blast of a reality check. Carrey does seem to be an empty douche bag.

But back up. Save your indignation directed at me. Your colors are showing.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Queequeg wrote:But back up. Save your indignation directed at me. Your colors are showing.
Don't take it too personally Qq, it's just that old-fashioned Norwegian charm. :smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Lol. Indeed.
joy&peace

Post by joy&peace »

Wow.. What a headache.

I'm going to make some camomile or green tea.

Time will tell, I think --
Om Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate bodhi svaha
joy&peace

Post by joy&peace »

Praying that all involved may have peace, and resolution.
joy&peace

Post by joy&peace »

It's never easy. . .

Even a 'normal' break-up is so difficult.

Even more so when such pressures are on both parties, and expectations.

On one hand -- so much power and money -- on the other side -- an equal amount of love.

Whether the result is one way or the other, its certainly one of the highest pressure situations I have seen.

Hence my prayer,
May all have peace.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Well, the interviewer is only doing her job - and Carrey is doing the same. So, as result both have a wonderful interview everybody talks about. No harm.

His humor has always been sarcastic, ironic, pointing out truths in a very funny way. I think, this is great art. And I don't believe the gossip around the death of his girl-friend was ultimately true. Those stories that other people tell about the relation of a couple most times are superficial. And celebreties have to suffer from malvolent press even more.

In my view Jim Carrey is a wonderful artist and a genuine human being. :smile:

phpBB [video]
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Drivel...
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Grigoris wrote:Drivel...
:heart: I just love Jim Carrey's work. :mrgreen:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

I kind of liked "The Truman Show".
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

My favorite is Eternal Sunshine... But mostly because I crush on Kate Winslet...
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Queequeg wrote:My favorite is Eternal Sunshine... But mostly because I crush on Kate Winslet...
I'm tellin!
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

Norwegian wrote:
phpBB [video]
Stuff he says will elicit a smirkish grin or a "heh" occasionally, but this man has nothing on the belly laughs produced by Fred Phelps. (Still think it's a shame the Westboro people got rid of the "God Hates" site they created specifically for Daddy Yankee.)
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Ayu wrote:Well, the interviewer is only doing her job - and Carrey is doing the same. So, as result both have a wonderful interview everybody talks about. No harm.
100%
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa

Return to “Media”