Documentary on Govind Lama, The Mountain Yogi

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
passel

Documentary on Govind Lama, The Mountain Yogi

Post by passel »

[Mod note: Split from here.]

This guy’s a Drukpa:

"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
anjali
Former staff member

Re: Documentary on Govind Lama, The Mountain Yogi

Post by anjali »

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. He has an infectious laugh! At the 43:00 mark when he was talking about feeling rich with all the spices, and at the end at 56:50 talking about pointing at the moon.

However, there was no mention of his lineage in the video, and a cursory google search turned up nothing. How do you know he's a Drukpa?
passel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:40 am This guy’s a Drukpa: ...
passel

Post by passel »

Sey Rinpoche gets a credit at the end, and the region, Kinnaur, has a strong Drukpa presence. It’s really a well-founded hunch, not explicit in the video.
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

passel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:45 pm Sey Rinpoche gets a credit at the end, and the region, Kinnaur, has a strong Drukpa presence. It’s really a well-founded hunch, not explicit in the video.
Ok, thanks. That's reasonable, but I'm not 100% convinced.

The only biographical info I could find on him was on a Govind Lama Ji facebook "about" entry,
He was brought up like a prince by his millionaire parents. A greduate from chandigarh and post greduate from panjab university renounced his family and billions of property to follow the path of budha at the young age of 28. He went to mysore n dharamshala to study budhist practices of meditation for about 10 years. After coming back to kinnaur he is practising samadhi in the jungles n caves. He was in samadi and solitude in a cave at malling, kinnaur for 3 yrs, then at pooh for 3 years n now is at the sub zero condition in nesang kanda for the last 2 years.

Last week he came out of his samadhi and was spotted on a roadside in this condition. People from Entire spiti n Kinnaur are now his followers and are worshiping this man , but this man is not bothered about name, fame or any worldly affairs, neither he is accepting any donation or gift from anybody. He is not putting anything on his body even in the sub zero condition and not allowing friends n relatives near to him. Now he has starded marching towards shimla from Nesang in kinnaur on foot and a sea of people are welcoming and receiving him on the way. Hundreds of them are joining him in the journey on foot. He is not using any vehicle for his journey nor any house or hotel for the stay. He is also not taking bath or any hair cut etc. , yet every body is attracted and impressed by his graceful look.

Friends this man is none other than lama govind singh negi s/o late gurdial singh negi of pooh, who 's sacrifices, hard practices and sincere efforts not only brought every body close to his heart but his knowledge, focussed objectives, truth and simlicity placed him in the category of budha, shiva and rama who also have gone through similar conditions and practices before they realised truth of life and attained NIrvana and holiness.
I've sent a message in facebook to ask what Govind Lama's lineage is.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

passel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:40 am This guy’s a Drukpa:
"He lived for six months without water. Very tough."

:shock:
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
passel

Post by passel »

Ya, I’d take most of that with a grain of salt. That guy definitely wasn’t a billionaire- maybe they got him confused with Mingyur tho he’s only a millionaire. More likely they got him confused with the Buddha. All that notwithstanding I’m a big fan.

Return to “Media”