Traleg Rinpoche : Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, Crazy Wisdom, & the Mahasiddha tradition

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
kirtu
Former staff member

Traleg Rinpoche : Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, Crazy Wisdom, & the Mahasiddha tradition

Post by kirtu »

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
jkarlins

Re: Traleg Rinpoche : Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, Crazy Wisdom, & the Mahasiddha tradition

Post by jkarlins »

Yes, I think I've all, or most of these. They had them on the Chronicles website. Traleg was great, his book on lojong was good and a slightly different angle than the Trungpa and Pema commentaries I was more familiar with.

I liked the interview with a Zen roshi, maybe Yasutani? He got very emotional talking about Trungpa, and they have a relic of his on their land, at the meditation center, somewhere in California.

Jake
Simon E.

Re: Traleg Rinpoche : Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, Crazy Wisdom, & the Mahasiddha tradition

Post by Simon E. »

I am trying to imagine CTR's reaction to the idea of someone keeping a relic of his hair.......
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

No way to imagine, it could be anything. He was (expectedly) pretty unpredictable, from first person accounts.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

So I believe.. ;)
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis »

@ jkarlins

Simon may be in a better position to speculate about Trungpa’s reactions than many others here ... If you’re interested in first person accounts, that is ...
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

For posts from this user, see Karma Dondrup Tashi account.
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

sure yeah we've already corresponded about this via pm, but thanks for the input

Return to “Media”