Wat Florida Dhammaram Buddhist Temple Tour, Kissimmee Florida

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
kirtu
Former staff member

Wat Florida Dhammaram Buddhist Temple Tour, Kissimmee Florida

Post by kirtu » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Simon E.

Re: Wat Florida Dhammaram Buddhist Temple Tour, Kissimmee Florida

Post by Simon E. » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Very similar in style to Wat Buddhapadipa in Wimbledon in London.
If you use the word 'mind' without defining your terms I will ask you politely for a definition. :smile:
This is not to be awkward. But it's really not self-explanatory.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:57 am

Nice temple, beautiful grounds, I've seen videos of this place before. It has temple replicas of all the important places of Buddha's life: birth, first teaching, enlightenment, parinirvana. At the 6 to 7 minute mark he walks right by the Maha Bodhi Temple replica, apparently not understanding the significance. (Based on the narration, it appears he is not a Buddhist.)

kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:01 am

DNS wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:57 am
Nice temple, beautiful grounds, I've seen videos of this place before. It has temple replicas of all the important places of Buddha's life: birth, first teaching, enlightenment, parinirvana. At the 6 to 7 minute mark he walks right by the Maha Bodhi Temple replica, apparently not understanding the significance. (Based on the narration, it appears he is not a Buddhist.)
I posted this because it shows the four replicas and it was more accessible to people because it is in English (there is another video in Thai). It would be a good place to do a pilgrimage to in Florida.

It also shows that little shrines can be constructed in very limited space.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:18 am

kirtu wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:01 am
I posted this because it shows the four replicas and it was more accessible to people because it is in English (there is another video in Thai). It would be a good place to do a pilgrimage to in Florida.
It also shows that little shrines can be constructed in very limited space.
:thumbsup: retreat and/or meditation pilgrimage, especially for those who can't make the long trip to India. That's one of the reasons I had a small outdoor MBT replica made at my place.