Mingyur Rinpoche : "Past or Early Life Karma, Temporary Obstacles"

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
kirtu
Former staff member

Mingyur Rinpoche : "Past or Early Life Karma, Temporary Obstacles"

Post by kirtu »

Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Vasana

Re: Mingyur Rinpoche : "Past or Early Life Karma, Temporary Obstacles"

Post by Vasana »

The thread title reminded me of how Jamgon Kongtrul suffered from smallpox and other issues due to karma accrued in his earlier incarnation as Vairotsana.

If even great reincarnate masters can experience difficulties and untimely deaths it follows that we won't always have a smooth ride either.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Mingyur Rinpoche : "Past or Early Life Karma, Temporary Obstacles"

Post by kirtu »

Vasana wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:35 pm The thread title reminded me of how Jamgon Kongtrul suffered from smallpox and other issues due to karma accrued in his earlier incarnation as Vairotsana.

If even great reincarnate masters can experience difficulties and untimely deaths it follows that we won't always have a smooth ride either.
That is exactly right.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Return to “Media”