Cymatics: Visible sound

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Drenpa

Cymatics: Visible sound

Post by Drenpa »

There is no computer trickery here - just the use of light and water to make sound visible - In this case the notes of the piano tuned to our western 440.
Soma999

Re: Cymatics: Visible sound

Post by Soma999 »

This is very interesting. Sounds create form. Mantra creates yantra. That is totally "scientific". No superstition. When one chant a mantra, a divine form is generated inside.

Beware what kind of "mantras" we sing all day long, because the yantra, our life, responds to it. It's better to sing the mantra of gratitude than the mantra of fear for exemple. mantra is resonnance. It's intention also, it's thought. It's the frequency we generate. And it generates forms. If you want to change your life - to have another form - change the mantra, what you radiates.

I had the opportunity to see two devices who show the form generated by sound, and it's quiet amazing. Really, it's a fascinating world. It's not so hard to build. Look for exemple for tonoscope.

Frequency also generates specific pattern. It is even possible to heal using specific frequencies. Some can kill viruses, or harmonise different organs. All a world to discover, if mind is opned enough to new ideas.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Yes...this is fascinating. ...because everything is vibrating like that....my mind is so blown away by it ...I can't even explain....or think clearly...... "there is more to this than meets the eye..." (Houdini )
Drenpa

Post by Drenpa »

Soma999 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:15 am This is very interesting. Sounds create form. Mantra creates yantra. That is totally "scientific". No superstition. When one chant a mantra, a divine form is generated inside.

Beware what kind of "mantras" we sing all day long, because the yantra, our life, responds to it. It's better to sing the mantra of gratitude than the mantra of fear for exemple. mantra is resonnance. It's intention also, it's thought. It's the frequency we generate. And it generates forms. If you want to change your life - to have another form - change the mantra, what you radiates.

I had the opportunity to see two devices who show the form generated by sound, and it's quiet amazing. Really, it's a fascinating world. It's not so hard to build. Look for exemple for tonoscope.

Frequency also generates specific pattern. It is even possible to heal using specific frequencies. Some can kill viruses, or harmonise different organs. All a world to discover, if mind is opned enough to new ideas.
There won't be much choice if things keep moving this quickly. Open mind or not, once this type of understanding fundamental to Dharma on all levels, external, internal and secret, is better understood on the external materialist level, it may well inform across all disciplines - at the very least there will be some cool new applications. As you point out, it's possible to make simple devices with PVC and a plate that use this same principle.

With the help of technology a natural process becomes a perfect symbol. The mandala seemingly arises out of nothing with the attack phase of the note, remains awhile, apparently stable, and then dissolves back into emptiness as the sound decays.

Making an image from sound is nothing new, but sonography uses sound to illuminate an existing form that is hidden by something else - like a baby in the womb.

This is different as sound itself is becoming light & form through interaction with the water element, interesting indeed.

This was the clip that caught my eye, the notes of a piano on standard 440 western tuning, but there are already some interesting things done with certain sounds by Cymascopes, and they may yet prove to be particularly interesting to those who follow teachings of the Buddha marked by the 4 seals and adorned with the 8 auspicious symbols.
Drenpa

Post by Drenpa »

Soma999 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:15 am This is very interesting. Sounds create form. Mantra creates yantra. That is totally "scientific". No superstition. When one chant a mantra, a divine form is generated inside.

Dear Soma999:

Somehow I missed this video by a leading scientist in the field of Cymatics (Farrady received a lot of attribution) who explains precisely what you're talking about with regards to healing through sound.

In this lecture, John Reid who also invented the Cymascope explains so many amazing things I'm simply gob-smacked.

Sound doesn't appear round because of the boundary used in the Cymascope. It's a property of sound. All audible sounds and all frequencies of electromagnetism are spherical!

Further, sound in water has quasi-holographic properties. Any point on the surface of a sound bubble (cymaglyph) created by the device has the same vibrational data at any point within the bubble.

One definition of "holographic" is that all of the information contained in a volume of space, corresponds to an equal amount on the boundary of that space", which is what we find with cymaglyphs.

Cymaglyps are what dolphins create in their echolocation process, and how they communicate. Scientists are cataloging these in the hope's we'll be able to communicate with them.

As this is the property of sound in water in any bounded surface, it this can and does occur in the body. Cell membranes are perfect examples, and he's tested this already. Thus, it explains WHY ultrasound is an effective healing modality. It's used and known to work, but nobody could explain why, or a mechanism until now.

The cymascope is even simple than I'd imagined - it uses an analog oscillator, a limiter & compressor, a temperature device, an amplifier, and some light directly above. The really tough part is the precision engineered fused quartz and black quartz used in the gadget.

So that's a summary with a few of my takeaways after discovering and watching this just now. I should have done some more research and posted this right away.

There is much more but I'll leave the rest of the commentary and just recommend the video to anyone else who may be interested.

I'm happy that a couple of people found this interesting too. Thanks for your comments Soma!!!

Kunga Lhadzom, I too am blown away and liked your Houdini reference. Watching these videos I experienced a real sense of wonder, discovery and the sense that "the plot thickens..."

:namaste:
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

received_564735110709658.jpeg
received_564735110709658.jpeg (42.43 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy

Return to “Media”