"Wild Wild Country" - Osho documentary on Netflix

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Wayfarer

Re: "Wild Wild Country" - Osho documentary on Netflix

Post by Wayfarer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 am

I’ve found a very good recent book for which there is a generous preview on Google Books about Rajneesh - Zorba the Buddha: Sex, Spirituality and Capitalism in the Global Osho Movement Hugh B. Urban. Chapter three on Rajneesh’ teaching on sexuality, drawn mainly from Wilhelm Reich, is particularly illuminating.
Only practice with no gaining idea ~ Suzuki-roshi

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:01 am

Wayfarer wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 am
I’ve found a very good recent book for which there is a generous preview on Google Books about Rajneesh - Zorba the Buddha: Sex, Spirituality and Capitalism in the Global Osho Movement Hugh B. Urban. Chapter three on Rajneesh’ teaching on sexuality, drawn mainly from Wilhelm Reich, is particularly illuminating.
So Rajneesh ripped of Reich too... Why not read Reich? I thoroughly recommend his book "The Mass Psychology of Fascism".
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

climb-up

Post by climb-up » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:47 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:01 am
Wayfarer wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 am
So Rajneesh ripped of Reich too... Why not read Reich? I thoroughly recommend his book "The Mass Psychology of Fascism".
I think that his native/dynamic meditation based on Reich.