"Wild Wild Country" - Osho documentary on Netflix

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
dzogchungpa

Re: "Wild Wild Country" - Osho documentary on Netflix

Post by dzogchungpa »

Grigoris wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:47 amI am sure Osho knew about the plot.

I'm not so sure and it also depends on what you mean by "knew about". I just read through the Wiki article about this and it doesn't seem very clear on this point. It is a fact that he wasn't prosecuted for anything related to the incident.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

philji wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:21 am I wonder how the film would pan out if it were about Trungpa and Shambhala in those days.
We would see a group who seemed to play out with militarism, there was sexual abusive activity, there was an adoring group of followers and a charismatic leader who liked dressing up.
Those times...70’s and 80’s dharma and eastern spirituality was still settling in and there were some very wacky things going on.
I feel sorry looking at the film for the townsfolk who were living in fear and also the naive followers who thought they were creating a brave new world.
It is so easy to manipulate people...especially on the spiritual path.
Yes, I can't wait til they start making documentaries about the Buddhists.
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:48 pm
philji wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:21 am I wonder how the film would pan out if it were about Trungpa and Shambhala in those days.
We would see a group who seemed to play out with militarism, there was sexual abusive activity, there was an adoring group of followers and a charismatic leader who liked dressing up.
Those times...70’s and 80’s dharma and eastern spirituality was still settling in and there were some very wacky things going on.
I feel sorry looking at the film for the townsfolk who were living in fear and also the naive followers who thought they were creating a brave new world.
It is so easy to manipulate people...especially on the spiritual path.
Yes, I can't wait til they start making documentaries about the Buddhists.
Throughout history religious icons have been seen by many as rambling lunatics.
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Simon E. wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:28 pmI'm sure if we looked long enough we could find someone with nothing but good to say about Michael Roach too.
You wouldn't need to look long.

Return to “Media”